Diablo® III

The avg damage of approx lvl 40 Monk?

I'm curious to know because I don't feel like I'm dealing enough.

Also are there benefits to wielding a shield instead?
Reply Quote
DPS around 1000 for me... Look for bargains in the AH, use your current weapon stats as a search parameter that way you are garanteed to updgrade! I found both my weapons with +100 dex on one and +100VIT on the other socketed rares for 5000 and 8000 a piece! Than buy a Square or even Flawless square ruby from the AH, socket and enjoy!!

OlbaiD
Reply Quote
Monks aren't generally power houses like Demon Hunters or Wizards but I'm level 44 I think and my damage is around 1.5k.

Yes. If you are more towards survivability, using a shield helps greatly with that. It can also still provide damage bonuses if it gives dexterity, and on that note, you can slot shields with +30 dex gems which will help a lot.

Since dex is your main stat anyways, using the passive Seize the Initiative will increase your armor making you more tanky so adding a shield just compliments your armor amount more.

Generally in Hell/Inferno most monks use shields anyways.
Edited by Metronomy#2881 on 5/20/2012 8:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1000 dps?

what? are you stacking dexterity way above vitality?

im at 580 dps at level 37. so it makes it hard to believe that I will almost double it in 3 levels? even with new gear?
Reply Quote
ahahaha.. im lvl 32 my dps is 700.. lolx so 1000dps at lvl 40 is not a joke.. sory man.. you really need new equips...
Reply Quote
Do you not stack damage jewelery? it may say +5-10 but it gives 150 :P
Edited by Agricola#1561 on 5/20/2012 9:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
48 Blood Elf Rogue
Mikegeeked, you're a little on the low end. I'm only 43 and doing almost 1.3k DPS
Reply Quote
my question is this done through red gems on weapons?

or because you have substantially more dex?

im sitting at around 9k health i think? and around 1900 armor i think.
Reply Quote
At level 40 I was around 1000-1200 dps
Reply Quote
im level 53 hitting over 5000 dps buffed and 4660 unbuffed.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 09:41 PMPosted by Gino
ahahaha.. im lvl 32 my dps is 700.. lolx so 1000dps at lvl 40 is not a joke.. sory man.. you really need new equips...

I can't wait till you hit Hell....
Reply Quote
level 26 and close to 400 dps......i feel like im doing good, act 3 boss was a complete joke to me, he didnt even get my health a quarter of the way down
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 12:14 AMPosted by AGF
level 26 and close to 400 dps......i feel like im doing good, act 3 boss was a complete joke to me, he didnt even get my health a quarter of the way down

Lol you are playing normal. once you are in inferno you will be in a new world... a world of defensive skills and mantra spamming haha
Reply Quote
Level 35 and 1k DPS.

I must be on the High side lol
Reply Quote
wow im like level 33 and 400 dps jsut stepped into Hell though and have not had to use AH yet so maybe thats why. However not finding it difficult yet although i know that is coming
Reply Quote
Lvl 46 1.7k dps
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Level 41

Unbuffed 1.72k dps
Buffed with heaven of light (15%) - 2k dps
Reply Quote
when i was lvl 40 i was at around 450 dps with duel wield lvl 25 weapons...(cause i couldn't find any better ones to replace them).

changed a weapon and my dps doubled.

it's all bout gear yo. lol.
Reply Quote
level 55 with 1.8k dps.. but 37k hp after buffed with earth ally
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
level 41 1600 dps.

get +dmg rings and amulets,
get socketed high dps weapons, put the biggest ruby you can get in them (ruby adds base damage)
aim for stacking dexterity in every other socket, (helm is up to you)
get extra attack speed whenever you can.

so far I've found dual wielding fast weapons with rubies in them works out for higher dps.
Edited by NinjaPylon#1701 on 5/23/2012 5:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]