Diablo® III

The avg damage of approx lvl 40 Monk?

Hey all thanks for the replies!

I did a little more research and for those out there who are stlil looking to substantially up their DPS here's a little tip:

I found out that if you're dual wielding, your off hand weapon only basically only factors in the "attacks per second" stat. If the weapon is inferior to your main hand weapon you'll be calculated as attacking LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT and therefore doing less overall damage.

Bottom line is: Unless your weapons are of equal power, equipping a shield will not only increase your damage per second but also your defensive capabilities.
Reply Quote
i'm lvl 45 with 1.8K DPS and about 9K Health.

over 1000 Dex.

Amulet and rings are all + dmg and atk spd
Reply Quote
Lv 45, 2.2k DPS and 15k Health

Found some amazing weapons for less than 10k gold
Reply Quote
Lvl 52 here, dps unbuffed is 3800, buffed I believe is around 4200 or so. Running with 25 to 30 thousand health as well. Having no problems and I'm at the end of act 1 hell.
Reply Quote
@ 40 i have 1.1k dps with 10k health. could do a bit better if i could find more gems. never used the ah but will this weekend.

play coop and only act2 nm
Edited by Hubris#1791 on 5/24/2012 11:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1000 dps?

what? are you stacking dexterity way above vitality?

im at 580 dps at level 37. so it makes it hard to believe that I will almost double it in 3 levels? even with new gear?

Why you stack vitality at all? I got vitality on gear when I could, but I never stacked it, even in inferno I dont stack it, i gem all dex and just try to find gear that has vitality on it. You want dex, its your primary stat for reason.
Reply Quote
my lvl is 53 and in HELL mode
my DPS is 3.6k unbuffed and my HP is 12k
my crit on normal mobs on HELL mode is 10k and 8k on elites and bosses
so mobs are no problems since i can kill them with 2 consecutive CRIT hits

dont focus on hp increase or VIT
coz IMO offence is the best defence

and i got lifesteal fist
so hp are no problems for bosses
Reply Quote

I did a little more research and for those out there who are stlil looking to substantially up their DPS here's a little tip:

I found out that if you're dual wielding, your off hand weapon only basically only factors in the "attacks per second" stat. If the weapon is inferior to your main hand weapon you'll be calculated as attacking LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT and therefore doing less overall damage.

Bottom line is: Unless your weapons are of equal power, equipping a shield will not only increase your damage per second but also your defensive capabilities.

This is not entirely true, although somewhat. When you equip a 2nd weapon keep in mind the more attacks also equal more spirit generation. And the easiest way to see if a off hand is more dps is to just equip it and if your damage goes up on character sheet you will know. I tried shield earlier that had 110 dex on it, then put my offhand back on and my dps went up 4000. So in almost all cases if you want to do more dps you need to Dual wield, if you want to be more tanky then use a shield. But saying a shield will increase your dps as well as defense it not true. A shield will lower your dps allot if you are comparing it to a good offhand weapon, if you compare it to a crap offhand weapon then it will raise dps. At level 54 in hell mode I had 7k dps on my monk. Thats a good number to shoot for, and that may even be a bit high for what you actually need in hell.

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote

This is not entirely true, although somewhat. When you equip a 2nd weapon keep in mind the more attacks also equal more spirit generation. And the easiest way to see if a off hand is more dps is to just equip it and if your damage goes up on character sheet you will know. I tried shield earlier that had 110 dex on it, then put my offhand back on and my dps went up 4000. So in almost all cases if you want to do more dps you need to Dual wield, if you want to be more tanky then use a shield. But saying a shield will increase your dps as well as defense it not true. A shield will lower your dps allot if you are comparing it to a good offhand weapon, if you compare it to a crap offhand weapon then it will raise dps. At level 54 in hell mode I had 7k dps on my monk. Thats a good number to shoot for, and that may even be a bit high for what you actually need in hell.

Hope this helps.

-Thanks lancer OP made me a bit sad.
Edited by Jaer#1699 on 5/25/2012 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
lvl40, 2299dps, 7.2khp.
Reply Quote
Lvl 42 - 1100 dps, 7k health. Increased attack speed has eclipsed dex or + damage when i compare gear.
Reply Quote
am i the only one that is lvl 44 and my dps is only 500? :O my hp is 7k plus .. help?
Reply Quote
Lvl 44 doing 3k..... why isn't everyone stacking dex????
Reply Quote
Because stacking Dex wasn't all the rage back in May.

(By the way, I see this is your first post. Welcome to the forums. FYI, you get one mulligan.)
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 1/6/2013 10:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Haha, that necromancy.
Reply Quote
lvl 42 already can get a pair of -18lvl ilvl 60 weapons that allows you to sweep through hell levels. If I am not mistaken about 10k dps with dual 700dps weapons?
Reply Quote
Wow this has risen from the dead.
Reply Quote
Make sure you gear is supporting primary attribute as monk the more dex the better my chat is level 47 so a little bit higher and I'm dealing 1500+ dmg highest crit strike I've seen is around 8k dmg
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I'm a monk lvl 44 and I do 2370 dmg just socket your gear with dexterity gems and you will boost your dmg.
Reply Quote
wow the necro of this thread in this forum makes me angry
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]