Diablo® III

I Digress - Force Armor is a necessity

I've read it a number of times now, even from my IRL friends "wizards are broken, they take absolutely no items to be effective in inferno." (The irony about it is before they heard wizards had a "broken" spell, they said they were the worst class by far)

A couple of points need to be made: using a Wizard with the given skills right now would NOT be successful at all without Force Armor being the way it is right now. The sole reason why you people think it's cheap and why those who don't think it's imba are "poor excuses for gamers" is because of the market.

If you don't know much about the game, you're any other class, and you stumble across a +Int + Life Regen item, you probably would think very, very little of it. This is why I look on the AH and see + Life Reg for SO cheap. Wizards are cheap to build because you don't know anything about them. That's the bottom line.

I will say, though, I've noticed a steady inflation in the cost of + Life reg items in the last 2 days. Good for you all.

If Blizzard nerfs Force Armor without buffing anything else, I'm rerolling to a DH the second I read those patch notes.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
I agreed. Dying in one hit is not fun for anyone.
Reply Quote

If Blizzard nerfs Force Armor without buffing anything else, I'm rerolling to a DH the second I read those patch notes.

Lol'd.
Reply Quote
Another contributing factor to all the rage could be due to the other classes not being tuned high enough to accommodate a build that is capable of soloing Inferno, which is something every class should be able to do. Any class should be able to go through Inferno and progress between acts solo (barring the occasional game reroll when an impossible elite combo is blocking your path).

Farming elite and champion packs is probably the most rewarding aspect of the game, if you consider loot to be rewarding. However even with the low vit Force Armor build, this is practically impossible solo without dying half the time. This is fine, you shouldn't be able to effectively farm these mob packs solo. However, the fact that you can't farm these mob packs in a group without wizards is only indicative of the poor state the other classes are in.

All this rage is being misdirected, in my opinion. People should be petitioning to get Blizzard to buff the other classes.
Reply Quote
Another contributing factor to all the rage could be due to the other classes not being tuned high enough to accommodate a build that is capable of soloing Inferno, which is something every class should be able to do. Any class should be able to go through Inferno and progress between acts solo (barring the occasional game reroll when an impossible elite combo is blocking your path).

Farming elite and champion packs is probably the most rewarding aspect of the game, if you consider loot to be rewarding. However even with the low vit Force Armor build, this is practically impossible solo without dying half the time. This is fine, you shouldn't be able to effectively farm these mob packs solo. However, the fact that you can't farm these mob packs in a group without wizards is only indicative of the poor state the other classes are in.

All this rage is being misdirected, in my opinion. People should be petitioning to get Blizzard to buff the other classes.

I agree to an extent - I don't know all the much about the other classes yet, so I don't really know if buffing all the others is the right thing to do right now. I don't think Blizzard should be so hasty to make ANY changes right now - a week is too little to decide what needs to be buffed/nerfed, unless the changes are hotfixes to REAL bugs and things like that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]