str 189
dex 1020
int 67
vit 978

arm 2952
dmg 6k

res 392

build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bjgYQX!YZU!ZcYbbb

I'm hitting the enrage timer and failing ><, is my dmg just that low?
Reply Quote
Just drop some resistance for damage. Throw on a couple pieces with attack speed. You can get a couple ~70 dex 14-15% atk speed rings for cheap in the AH and add a few thousand dps for that fight.
Reply Quote
i did it wit 7.4k dmg using fists of thunder and seven sided strike to avoid some dmg. Boon and serenity to stand in fire if needed
Reply Quote
MoC:Overawe will help immensely with your dmg and use FoT because it is WAY more dps than Deadly Reach.

6K is probably a little low, try for ~8k. Can switch out you ally (reallllly low dps) for Deadly Reach: Foresight and just use it for the buff.

Dodge his wind up hit and wall slam and you should be able to do it! GL!
Reply Quote
ok did it, i bought 2 of those cheap dps rings and was able to kill him... i think i just got really unlucky with fires
Reply Quote
6k dps is fine.i did it with this number even though it was very close.

some tips:
-use the dmg aura with the rune that increases the dmg to 24% and use this as your spirit dump
-seven sided strike is great to avoid dodging and keep dps up
-you only have to avoid his smash (the melee smash with the animation) and his charge, his melee hits are useless -> dps all the time unless there is fire or he charges. you can avoid his big smash easily by side-stepping just a bit
->YOU CAN CONTROL WHERE HE CHARGES, so make him charge to a close wall where there is no fire
-dps as much as you can, dont stop dpsing and use serentiy and sss on cd so you can stay in the charge for example.also, keep your aura up and use it for the increase in dps

you need to get a bit lucky with fire, but its actually a quite easy fight and your gear is sufficent. for the records, i did the fight with 50 resists and 20k hp or something like that, i was oneshotted by charge and his smash -but there is no reason to ever get hit by either of these so go dps all the way
Reply Quote
i guess its inferno. i had 5k finishing act4 hell and im at 9k now slowly finishing act 2 inferno using 2x1h. 11k is rather good for a monk especially considering you are using a shield
Reply Quote
your dps on butcher doesnt matter, the fight is all awareness and avoiding.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Thaon

Except for the fact that there is an enrage timer.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Thaon

wat? low dps, enrage, sit in fire...
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Schreckdaddy

People offering advice about things they have no experience with.

People trolling threads they have nothing to offer to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]