Diablo® III

Stuck In Hell

I'm doing the tank Wizard dps no cd build and I'm having a real hard time of things here at the end of act 1 hell. I keep getting destroyed by yellow mobs especially ones with those arcane lasers that rotate. Diamond skin is useless against them. They basically one shot me. I've tried every build I can find and I just can't get past these mobs. I'm doing like 5k damage and have a over 20 percent crit chance.

What am I doing wrong? Anyone else having trouble? Especially the yellow before Leoric's Manor. Omg he has 3 invulnerable minions that destroy me.
Reply Quote
There are still some enemies that just can't be tanked. You're still a wizard. You can kite. :P
Reply Quote
I'm doing the tank Wizard dps no cd build and I'm having a real hard time of things here at the end of act 1 hell. I keep getting destroyed by yellow mobs especially ones with those arcane lasers that rotate. Diamond skin is useless against them. They basically one shot me. I've tried every build I can find and I just can't get past these mobs. I'm doing like 5k damage and have a over 20 percent crit chance.

What am I doing wrong? Anyone else having trouble? Especially the yellow before Leoric's Manor. Omg he has 3 invulnerable minions that destroy me.

Do you have the required skills (living lightning, ect)?
Do you have high attack speed?
Do you have high regen?
Do you have on-hit disables?
Do you kite the things that the build can't deal with normally (!@#$ you can't crit)?
Reply Quote
tried to kite and it just doesn't work he just one shots me over and over again with those stupid arcane lasers. If I could kill the minoins it would be easy but I can't. I've tried everything I can think of
Reply Quote
I skipped everything that had invulnerable minions. Just not worth the time.

When I played in a group though, it was me, DH, and WD each grabbed a minion and lured them into different places, leaving the barb by himself taking on the yellow mob. Must have taken him like 10 minutes to kill the dude, but it was awesome.
Reply Quote
I have high attack speed, regen helth but no i don't use lighting

I use spectral blades/tornadoes.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Thrawn
tried to kite and it just doesn't work he just one shots me over and over again with those stupid arcane lasers. If I could kill the minoins it would be easy but I can't. I've tried everything I can think of

If you're kiting, how are you getting hit by lasers? They're not that hard to dodge. :/
Reply Quote
run away from the lazers
Reply Quote
you are using frost nova correct because this should be the easiest time for a tank mage with multiple mobs like this, and with over 20% crit chance you really don't need 5 mobs all the time to be able to tank.

Currently at 18k health 59.4% armor reduction and 21.5% crit chance. Seems faceroll right now, my friends even decided they wanted to just do glass cannon builds and gold chance gear.
Reply Quote
Tornados suck. Make sure you have elective mode on so you can have the right amount of crowd control. Try a comination of frost nova, energy shield (with force shield), hydras (Venom Hydra is incredibly underated and puts out alot of DPS), diamond skin and teleport. For your main attack use the lightning orb (I forgot the name and the servers are down so I cannot check).

All you need to do it just maximise the time tanking with various spells active so you and your hydra can get off maximum damage. A lot of kiting is involved for the harder packs, but if any class can do it, its a Wizard.

Failing that I'm happy to come play through with you :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]