Diablo® III

Inferno is the WRONG kind of difficult

85 Human Rogue
First post is not an intelligent post at all.

Diablo is ALL ABOUT GEAR CHECK.
Did you guys just get world of warcraft and then head over to Diablo and then !@#$% when something isn't going your way?

Did you guys not play vanilla diablo 2 during release? Gems were extremely important. And no one has the top tier gems yet.
Did you guys not participate in ladder builds for D2 LoD? There was like two builds. One for sorc and one for paladin.
Barbs are the funniest. You know what a barb did in Diablo 2? They shouted and buffed their party and then they just stood there and watched.

WoW kiddies who claim they aren't WoW kiddies ^-*!@ing about a game genre they clearly don't have an experience dealing with.

WITH THAT BEING SAID
Diablo 3 definitely took a step back from Diablo 2 in terms of loot. Only explanation is they're saving LoD style loot for the expansion.

You people are complete idiots, WoW is all about your gear too. Go try to beat Heroic Spine of Deathwing with gear from freshly hitting 85.
Reply Quote
This is a loot centric game, so what did you expect.
Reply Quote
Then dont play inferno till ur geared specifically for it

inferno is a bonus mode, just play hell over and over again like you would be forced to in diablo 2
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Kephael
Diablo was never about difficulty, I never found the game to be difficult or challenging. It was fun to be powerful and slay hordes of monsters with unique builds and crazy items.

YES, exactly. +1
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
I completely see your point, and can see that it possibly would need to change, but I am sure I am part of a very small minority. I actually like the crazy difficulty and impossibility, but I would not complain one bit if changes were made to address your concerns.
Reply Quote
Would you try to kill heroic spine of deathwing in WoW while your raid group was wearing all questing greens/blues? Or would you farm heroics/raids/buy gear first to get your average item level up to 390+?

Then why are you trying to clear Inferno while wearing 51-59 blues/rares?
Reply Quote

Where is the replay value in a game where the hardest difficulty is achieveable 1 week after launch.

Funny how everyone worries about this, but it was never a problem for D2. D2 at first was stupidly easy, then got buffed some, but at not time did finding a place to farm end-game gear become difficult. Despite this, people played D2 for years for nothing more than seeking amazing items. Having a set of hard to find items that are both high-stat and cosmetic is all that is necessary.

I don't even have a problem with there being some ridiculous 1-shot you difficulty in the game. The problem is when you have to grind on monsters that drop crap gear for months to even reach the place to actually farm the gear you want to keep (which you could spend a lifetime with RNG trying to find). Double this problem when some people cheated past it and will ruin the economy for everyone not at that tier already

If you want a difficulty like this, don't put any different gear there. Make all the gear accessible by hell and just improve chances or something in Inferno.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 04:47 AMPosted by Hinotori
You have to maintain concentration for long periods without making mistakes.

A game where I have play perfect or die isn't challenging, it's frustrating.

Mistakes happen. No matter how skilled I get I will still make them.

A small amount of legroom is therefore necessary.
Reply Quote
Would you try to kill heroic spine of deathwing in WoW while your raid group was wearing all questing greens/blues? Or would you farm heroics/raids/buy gear first to get your average item level up to 390+?

Then why are you trying to clear Inferno while wearing 51-59 blues/rares?

In WoW gear to clear content was guaranteed if you had the skill to kill it. If they want to give me a couple usable pieces of gear to clear inferno every time I kill Diablo in Hell, or even Skeleton King Inferno, then I have no problems with the system. It would have just become skill based. But if I have to grind for MONTHS to access the area to farm for gear people will want to buy, it is stupid.
Reply Quote

A game where I have play perfect or die isn't challenging, it's frustrating.

Mistakes happen. No matter how skilled I get I will still make them.

A small amount of legroom is therefore necessary.

My statement is that the legroom is gained by getting better gear. This is pretty much how they set-up things already if you didn't notice. Arcane enchanted mobs and all bosses have avoidable attacks that will kill you if you miss getting out of the way. Nothing new here, just the part I don't mind them keeping.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
05/23/2012 04:56 AMPosted by MrGorkajuice
Bad = Gear-check mechanics where you cannot survive unless you possess gear with 4 very specific stats (out of a large selection of random stats) and top rolls in every stat as well.

And yet, other people are complaining that Inferno didn't last the months as promised by Blizzard.

If you make a game that's only "the right kind of difficult", there's no way you'll keep the best players from beating it in a few days. Yet, people are complaining that it was beaten in just three days, AND they're complaining that it's all gear checks.

Blizzard is truly stuck between a rock and a hard place.

This.
Reply Quote
I agree with the first post.

I just wanted to add that this is DIABLO and not WOW, so its MFING not ??FARMING??

Thanks.
Reply Quote
I'm sure the developers are just as pissed as you are about Inferno. The reason you have this weird gear check system is to encourage the success of RMAH.
Reply Quote
If you want a difficulty like this, don't put any different gear there. Make all the gear accessible by hell and just improve chances or something in Inferno

This was the original plan. Not sure why it changed. Seems to be far more sensible than "need to buy/be fed gear from people who farmed A4 Inferno via exploits in order to survive in A1 if you're not exploiting".

That's how Kripp is successful, in response to the video posted earlier.

Hell won't get you the gear for Inferno (don't bother telling people to farm legendaries because blues are better).

A1 inf won't get you the gear for A2 inf.

A4 inf gets classes that don't cheese the gear for A1 inf. How is this a good difficulty spread? What does this say about itemization?

I remember the infinite difficulty discussions spawned prior to release. I think it was Starbird who said:

"This game should be Dark Souls hard. NG+ hard. Mechanics/Skill hard. Not Contra/Battletoads stupid, frustrating, RNG hard."

He was right, and it ended up being the latter. And I rolled a barb so I got even extrashafted. I'm honestly losing my drive to play this game. Sad it lasted me a week after drooling over it for years.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I wouldn't define this has a hack and slash..

It's more like a hack and kite.........or a kite and die...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
05/23/2012 10:11 AMPosted by hunts
Welcome to diablo. If you don't like it, feel free to go back to wow and leave us alone.

If I had a dollar for every douchebag who had to coyly insinuate that WoW is for quadriplegics, I'd have bought Facebook myself and made Mark Zuckerberg do my laundry for a week.

Seriously, Diablo has never been a hardcore game. Stop trying to make it into your bastion of uberness. Diablo has always been a casual game that worked on huge amounts of RNG insofar as drops. Leave a winning formula alone.

You people and your need to lord your ePeens over everyone is nauseating.
Reply Quote
So Much This
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]