Diablo® III

80% of Rare Drops are for the DH class....

Does this only happen to me and my friends? It seems that we ALWAYS get rare crossbows, DH Chests, Quivers...... It's gotten to the point if I pick up a bow I just toss it without identifying it, so My buddy can crush it for Blacksmithing.....

None of us even play the DH class which makes it even worse!
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Warrior
+1 Last night with my wizard i drop

90% demon hunter items
Edited by Hagan#1843 on 5/23/2012 6:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I feel like I've had a similar experience. My friends and I typically roll 3 player co-op, and we constantly make jokes about, "Can't wait until we can finally kill Belial on Inferno, I'm excited to get two new crossbows and a quiver for the DH." Sadly, we play Barb, Monk, WD.

I feel like it's not really statistically supported though, but it just feels that way since none of us want DH gear.
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Warrior
I play in level 38-41
Reply Quote
Perhaps the gaming gods are telling you two that you should be playing DH's?
I'd say that it varies. I've played my Barb & found gear for other classes adn about as many Barb items.
But, on my DH, I find more Barb items. Maybe it's skewed so that you get items from other classes to encourage you to play the other classes as well....
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I play a DH and I rarely get any decent drops a few friends got lots of DH gear but now they dont if it weren't for the ah i'd have some pretty poor gear
Reply Quote
Now that I think about it, I do drop more rare crossbow/bow/quiver/clock stuff than I do mojos, orbs, wizard hats, mighty weapons and daibos combined.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 07:00 AMPosted by Ctatyk
Perhaps the gaming gods are telling you two that you should be playing DH's?

We Joke about this all the time.... "Next freaking crossbow that drops, I''m rolling a DH" which I did but still.......
Reply Quote
Yup without a doubt the majority of my drops are DH, I'm huge on quivers and crossbows. Second would probably be 2 barbarian items, I get a TON of braids but nowhere near the level of DH stuff.

I rarely pickup anything Witch Doctor exclusive
Reply Quote
On the contrary, when I'm playing my DH i get mostly monk and wizard drops like staves and fist weapons so to each his own.
Reply Quote
Time to Start DH, Do not wait
Reply Quote
60 DH here. Through my entire playthrough from normal to now inferno. All i get is barbarian gear with INT on it. So sad ;(
Edited by Dragus#1935 on 5/23/2012 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Maybe it's a ploy by blizzard to have items drop of classes that aren't in group to make you use the auction house more. I wish on my barb I could switch to throwing actual quivers, I can't get rid of them fast enough.
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Warrior
05/23/2012 08:01 AMPosted by thatotherguy
Maybe it's a ploy by blizzard to have items drop of classes that aren't in group to make you use the auction house more. I wish on my barb I could switch to throwing actual quivers, I can't get rid of them fast enough.

lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
i too have a lvl 1 demon hunter with a bag full of bows xbows quivers and chests, that range in level from 1-50. im kindof tired of it myself, every time i go to town to shard the stuff at least 2/3 of my bag is DH specific gear, or barb belts.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warrior
ive had fairly good luck with loot...been a wide variety...truth be told it wouldn't matter because id be salvaging it anyways lol
Reply Quote
Same problem here, i'm farming act 1 inferno and i can't get a decent barb item only DH quivers and bows.
Reply Quote
Same here. I get a pile of them that when i clear my bag out theres usually 4-6 quivers and random everything else.

It's flawed because of the DH only items:
Bow, crossbow, 1h crossbow, quiver for a total of 4 since no one else ever uses these in the weapon or offhand slot. I'm considering any ranged to be DH only, because other than the DH, who else is going to carry the range weapons?

Barbarian has 2 - mighty weapons, 2h mighty
Monk has 2 - fist weapons, daibo
Wiz has 2 - their offhand and wands
WD has 2 - ceremonial knives and offhands

All other items like axes, swords, maces and whatnot are shared by all the other 4 classes which makes them more valuable and useful. This makes the pool of items much higher for ranged
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]