Diablo® III

Commodity Auctions Temporarily Disabled

Thank you Blizz finally getting the bugs out!! =)
Sarsoman
ME WANT TO BUY GEMS

I had lots of gems once, but now its gone, waiting for their reply to my ticket...
90 Tauren Warrior
05/24/2012 12:12 AMPosted by polytope
Please don't mess things up further this time. For example, in today's AH maintenance you somehow neglected to add time to all active auctions to compensate for the AH being closed....this meant that a crazy number of items were sold well below cost because a lot of bidding normally takes place in the last few minutes, which obviously was not possible because the AH was closed. I personally lost several hundred thousand because of this. I'm still not sure how you overlooked something this obvious before disabling the auction house.

would that explain why suddenly i couldent find items in the AH when it came back up that werent maked 'sold'?
There is something very wrong with the AH as it works.

There is a lot of good about it, don't get me wrong and I am trying to have an open mind given that my reference point is the WoW AH where the AH is serving a much much smaller number of people.

I like the way that the WoW AH just works but then I like the way that we can select by affixes and so forth in Diablo III, something just not able to be done in the WoW AH.

But the D3 AH is trying to simultaneously serve thousands of people at once, many of whom are like me and wanting to buy jewel crafting or blacksmithing materials.

The SQL (or whatever it is) backend is clearly struggling. Checks and balances at the server side must ensure that our gold doesn't go missing in the milliseconds it takes for our client to send Blizz a "buy" instruction along with many others simultaneously. Out of the mess only one buyer can be the winner and the rest of us get belated refunds.

It seems the refunding side of things is in a deprioritised thread so we must wait and wait. And the buy instruction time outs are painful too. And the very old fashioned user unfriendly error numbers with sometimes NO explanation text to soften the blow are very annoying.

It is a miracle it all works if we are indeed lumped together into one massive database server but I give full marks to Blizzard for ambition. They have the resources to pull it off though :)

I seem to be getting these odd refund amounts and I wonder why.

I am hoping that it is because Blizzard behind the scenes are trying to match my request for 10 Tome of Jewelcrafting with several sellers, one or more of whom are selling for less than 2000 each, for example. So although my buy request was at 2000 each, a few of them are only 1900 each and thus I am due a refund for 300. This would be very clever of them if indeed this was happening. It would facilitate getting people OFF the AH by satisfying their buy requests sooner, and they would stop spamming the request key when searching for something to buy.

Oh how I wish I could CANCEL my dud auctions!!!!!
Edited by Taraezor#6219 on 5/24/2012 12:22 AM PDT
05/23/2012 11:32 PMPosted by timmagicker
and will you be fixing the stats on the legendary items soon?

There's nothing to fix. This isn't WoW, where "Legendary" items are the absolute best available.

Don't mind him. He wants legendary's to be the best so other people can tell him what to wear.
I miss the D2 trading lobbies already.
05/24/2012 12:22 AMPosted by Batah
Please don't mess things up further this time. For example, in today's AH maintenance you somehow neglected to add time to all active auctions to compensate for the AH being closed....this meant that a crazy number of items were sold well below cost because a lot of bidding normally takes place in the last few minutes, which obviously was not possible because the AH was closed. I personally lost several hundred thousand because of this. I'm still not sure how you overlooked something this obvious before disabling the auction house.

would that explain why suddenly i couldent find items in the AH when it came back up that werent maked 'sold'?

The reason you only see "sold" items when the AH comes back up is because all (or at least the vast majority) of the auctions that were running when the AH goes down bug out and no longer appear in searches once it comes back up. It's an extremely obvious, widespread bug, yet every response to a ticket about it seems to be "We don't see anything wrong, are you sure your search parameters are set correctly to show the item you're looking for?"

So all the active auctions being bugged and invisible + the huge lag when the AH gets hammered = You don't see anything except Sold stuff until it smooths out a bit and new stuff gets listed. That doesn't help the people that have all/most of their auction slots filled for the next day or two with items that nobody can see and purchase though. Blizzard has so far refused to even acknowledge this, let alone help people by canceling the bugged auctions.
05/24/2012 12:29 AMPosted by Sardoni
I miss the D2 trading lobbies already.

In the case of in-game currency trades i see no reason why we can't make our own unofficial marketplaces to circumvent the AH. If this is not allowed, would blue please enlighten me as to why not?
Edited by polytope#1663 on 5/24/2012 12:35 AM PDT
I hope they get it done soon. At least they're fixing the bugs.
Edited by drag66611#1462 on 5/24/2012 12:35 AM PDT
05/24/2012 12:27 AMPosted by Hythloth

There's nothing to fix. This isn't WoW, where "Legendary" items are the absolute best available.

Don't mind him. He wants legendary's to be the best so other people can tell him what to wear.

Haha, like we won't all look the same with the best rares.
05/23/2012 11:32 PMPosted by timmagicker

Or Diablo II, where "Legendary" items are the absolute best available. Until they got runes of course, =P.
05/24/2012 12:16 AMPosted by Tusal
setting your minimum bid higher. Always someone else's fault.

How i set my minimum bid is entirely irrelevant to a discussion about the incompetency/negligence of Blizzard during this maintenance episode and the inadequacy of the AH when it comes to being a reliable trade moderating system.
Edited by polytope#1663 on 5/24/2012 12:48 AM PDT
90 Human Mage
And about the items/gold we have lost?????

They don't have to be the best available but they should be above vendor trash quality. A level 54 legendary has the stats of a lvl 30 rare item. It's just stupid.

Edit: Specific item in question: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/cindercoat
Edited by Kappa#1369 on 5/24/2012 12:50 AM PDT
setting your minimum bid higher. Always someone else's fault.

How i set my minimum bid is entirely irrelevant to a discussion about the incompetency of Blizzard during this maintenance episode and the inadequacy of the AH when it comes to being a reliable trade moderating system.

Um, so you're deciding to use larger, less common, words to deflect the fact you set your minimum bid too low and lost your cash???

And then you blame Blizz for a couple lost hours that your bidding war would've skyrocketed hundreds of thousands of gold, and not in the last five minutes like it did anyways.

Mind you this downtime is AH-only, not server wide & not even a few hours on an imperfect system--that they're trying to fix & letting us all know they are doing so, as you QQ about it.

If they actually listened to all you whiners (ie. your 3rd post, finishing "If this is not allowed Blue [please please please pay attention to me]" they would take your $60, leave the game as is and close the forums so you can QQ in your pillow.

Me, I am watching the thread to for useful developments and people losing their items due to bugs and not stupidity.
Edited by Tusal#1419 on 5/24/2012 12:51 AM PDT
05/23/2012 11:25 PMPosted by HerCuLes
will the "optimizations" are based on the full auction house will afffect all auctions of all item types and improve speed?

Read what you type before you post it. This will hopefully minimise the chance of posting something that doesn't make sense.

How i set my minimum bid is entirely irrelevant to a discussion about the incompetency of Blizzard during this maintenance episode and the inadequacy of the AH when it comes to being a reliable trade moderating system.

Um, so you're deciding to use larger, less common, words to deflect the fact you set your minimum bid too low and lost your cash???

And then you blame Blizz for (AH-only, not server wide & not even a few hour) downtime on an imperfect system--that they're trying to fix & letting us all know they are doing so, as you QQ about it.

If they actually listened to all you whiners (ie. your 3rd post, finishing "If this is not allowed Blue [please please please pay attention to me]" they would take your $60, leave the game as is and close the forums so you can QQ in your pillow.

edit
To people with actual legit lost items, best of luck.

you haven't said anything to show that my QQ's are invalid or that Blizzard wasn't reckless and irresponsible in their actions today. I agree, QQ'ing is annoying, but so is losing things I worked hard for because of the actions of a company I support with my cash money when they fail to deliver the auction house I paid to have access to.
Edited by polytope#1663 on 5/24/2012 12:53 AM PDT
n the case of in-game currency trades i see no reason why we can't make our own unofficial marketplaces to circumvent the AH. If this is not allowed, would blue please enlighten me as to why not?

Not only is this off-topic for the OP, but the answer you seek is in the TOS/EULA and doesn't need to come from a "blue" post. You already agreed to the Battle.NET TOS and Diablo 3 EULA. Here's a hint: check out BNet TOS section 2.B.c and 2.B.d. Or just troll some more.

And then you blame Blizz for (AH-only, not server wide & not even a few hour) downtime on an imperfect system--that they're trying to fix & letting us all know they are doing so, as you QQ about it.

edit
To people with actual legit lost items, best of luck.

you haven't said anything to show that my QQ's are invalid or that Blizzard wasn't reckless and irresponsible in their actions today. I agree, QQ'ing is annoying, but so is losing things I worked hard for because of the actions of a company I pay money to.

You paid for the story, you paid for all the content. You got something you're unsatisfied with and feel you deserve them to make it up to your par.

Does the downtime suck? Yes. I am here like the rest hoping it'll come back up.

How is it you still fail to realize your error with your minimum bid being "hundreds of thousands" of gold cheaper than you intended your items to sell for?

Also, done feeding you.
Edited by Tusal#1419 on 5/24/2012 12:54 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
That's good news. Can you please give us a list of items like in the World of Warcraft auction house rather than only showing one at a time? With the WoW auction house, the super-cheap items often go to the quick clickers but you can scroll down the page a bit and usually get a decent deal. It's also much easier to determine how to price your items if you can see more listings.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]