Diablo® III

Torchlight 2 vs Diablo 3

So is anyone going to play Torchlight 2?
Reply Quote
Well since it looks like how d3 should have been.....Yes
Reply Quote
nope i hate disneyland games :P
Reply Quote
Depends...I sure as hell wont fork over money for it before I see if its any better than Diablo3 or even more of a WoW clo(w)ne.

Diablo3 burnt me pretty hard.
Reply Quote
Cant be any worse than this. And its probably the game I was lookign for all along.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Maybe we should try it when it releases.
Reply Quote
I played the Torchlight 2 beta, I liked it alot.

Each stat can be useful to EACH class, the multiplayer system is just like diablo 2 in that; you can choose which game you want to join out of a list of other games. Theres no real limit on abilities you can use, theres common sets that are completely randomly generated and there are unique sets which the current lvl 60 sets in D3 should have been.

Each class has it's own identity, each of those identities have multiple builds that you can choose from.

Oh and the game doesn't do everything for you.
Reply Quote
Yes.

Already pre-ordered the 4 pack, with 4 free copies of the original TL, which I hadn't played.

Wow, that game was surprisingly fun. Sure, it was a lot simpler than D2, but a lot more complex than original D1. Pretty good mix of the two systems, besides the simple outright "here is your character, it is the same as that character" system we have here.
Reply Quote
I thought the art looked nice. I always find the most fun part of these games to be exploring the environments. I'll probably give it a try, though the original Torchlight never held my interest for anywhere near long enough to finish it.

I like how it lets you play whichever gender you want for any class. That was a great change in D3, too!

+1 it looks like disneyland and if people are complaining about drops in d3 wait till you play TL XD
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 04:49 AMPosted by Powerade
Cant be any worse than this. And its probably the game I was lookign for all along.

along with GW2.
Reply Quote
I'll buy Torchlight 2

It's cheaper, doesn't require you to be online all the time, support mods, and has online coop.

When i bought Diablo 3 I thought I'm gonna have a blast,which i did, but as i keep playing problems started stacking, error 37,laggy server,server downtime,Skill UI is a mess when using elective mode, unorganize journal etc.

Now,I'm not sure i made the right decision anymore.

So yeah, I'll buy Torchlight 2, and leave Diablo 3,and Blizzard's future game that has the same problem as Diablo 3, in the dust.
Edited by Ashsaver#1469 on 5/24/2012 5:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Pentagram
So is anyone going to play Torchlight 2?

Never heard of it so.. no?

Also, I'm sure they have their own forums.. go be a pest there.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
diablo 3 is bad but that game looks horrible
Reply Quote
Nope nope nope. I like Diablo 3. I'm sticking around.
Reply Quote
If I wanted to play a cartoony PoS game, I'd go buy Rift.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I played T original and had decent fun. Fun return was worth the $15. Think it was a good effort by a small indie software house. I pre ordered.

I want to support software makers who do not rip off Australians and ppl in other regions by slugging them with extra cost Because They Can. T2 costs $20 for everyone so I will happily buy it.
Reply Quote
Lineage 3 > all
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]