Diablo® III

Torchlight 2 vs Diablo 3

Why do I post this on a forum? Mainly because in the video game industry, I can't go back to the store where I purchased a game from and say "This is crap, take it back". So, we go to the forums and hope that the company can hear our dislike of the product.

Don't be masochistic. Boycotting Blizzard altogether is enough to express your disappointment.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 6/12/2012 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Really, it's the loot that killed it for me. It's boring, doesn't drop, and is obviously geared towards the auction house (the only reason why I'm confident in this, is the fact that my brother and I both stated that this COULD happen before game release. Because the drops are as bad, and as boring, as they are it has to mean it's because of the AH).

While I can't argue that the actual drops are sorta dry, the drops and the AH are in no way tied to each other. One thing has nothing to do with each other.

This was confirmed by either Wyatt Cheng or Jay Wilson himself.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 05:51 AMPosted by backto1983
I´m above 12 so... no.

So you're 13? That explains it.
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 01:02 PMPosted by BLACKKETYL
Really, it's the loot that killed it for me. It's boring, doesn't drop, and is obviously geared towards the auction house (the only reason why I'm confident in this, is the fact that my brother and I both stated that this COULD happen before game release. Because the drops are as bad, and as boring, as they are it has to mean it's because of the AH).

While I can't argue that the actual drops are sorta dry, the drops and the AH are in no way tied to each other. One thing has nothing to do with each other.

This was confirmed by either Wyatt Cheng or Jay Wilson himself.

I wouldn't expect them to actually admit that it WAS connected. Think of the PR nightmare that would bring along. Plus if they say "Yes, we've toned down the drops of rare and legendary items because we want you all to purchase these items on the AH/RMAH", it would cause an S-storm and people would leave the game in droves.
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 04:43 PMPosted by TheDunAtoR
people would leave the game in droves.

Wanna bet?
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 06:28 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
people would leave the game in droves.

Wanna bet?

If Blizzard admitted that it was controlling the drop rates in order to force people into a real life digital market? You think people would stay?

Why not just be genuine and create an actual Blizz-market where you could buy the gear you want from Blizzard out right. Would be more profitable and would fit better with their current gearing model.

The fact that they aren't being completely genuine with the issue is what I find most appalling.
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 07:35 PMPosted by TheDunAtoR
If Blizzard admitted that it was controlling the drop rates in order to force people into a real life digital market? You think people would stay?

People are already staying despite the RMAH, the permanent online connection requirement, the unbalanced difficulty and character classes and whatever crap that was so much better in D2.

It would take more than Blizzard openly adhering to the "Pay 2 Win" formula in order to alienate an already embarrassingly hypocritical community.
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 08:31 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf

People are already staying despite the RMAH, the permanent online connection requirement, the unbalanced difficulty and character classes and whatever crap that was so much better in D2.

It would take more than Blizzard openly adhering to the "Pay 2 Win" formula in order to alienate an already embarrassingly hypocritical community.

Right. Well, I'm not one of those hypocrites and I'll stop discussing this with you. Not because I don't enjoy honest debate, but because I know how forums of this kind work. If you're having fun, keep it up. I'm moving on.

Peace.
Reply Quote
All I'm saying is that people have already plenty of reasons to leave D3 in droves.

I mean, even I refuse to pay $60 for a game where I can suffer from horrible lag spikes while playing single-player. So long as Blizzard is not going to do anything about it, I'll stick with the Starter Edition (which I really liked and is still playing right now) and Torchlight 2, if it's any good.
Reply Quote
Lineage Eternal ( nah...it should be release after N ages ) > TL2 > D3
Reply Quote
torchlight 2 is the first game i pre-order in my entire gaming life, i played the beta and loved my 2 handed engineer wrecking stuff from left to right also dat last boss fight in the beta
Reply Quote
I am going to buy Torchlight 2 hands-down!!! Diablo 3 was a BLATANT rip off of the 1st Torchlight.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 04:48 AMPosted by KamoteChunks
nope i hate disneyland games :P
The original people who made Diablo 1/2 are making Torchlight 2. So IT WILL be better. Plus, we get to play offline and use mods without getting banned. :)
Reply Quote
I will give it a go since the new devs in blizzard are ruining everything.

I had a !@#$% when diablo 3 came out and now i have ED

I thought diablo was the prime evil not doctor evil.
Reply Quote
so did I bro!. just pre-ordered TL2 today as i was frustrated with D3 and hoping TL2 can wash the D3 memory from my brain.

I played wow and D3 for a short time, now i have concluded that blizzvision's only interest is to suck their customers (gamers) soul dry, by keeping people playing their games and pay B***Crap fees (WoW-> subscription, D3 -> auction house cut, 15% ouch).

First of all, after I killed inferno diablo with my baba (easy mode, cheap gear, all thanks to double tornado build, otherwise it was impossible without pathetically buy stuff in RMAH ), I drastically lost interest to play the game anymore. after a few days, I tried a few different builds, and they were all suck really bad and very gear dependant. So, at the end game content, I noticed that almost all players, with their own respective class, would have the same generic build in order to beat inferno. There is almost zero creativity and troubleshooting with your characters ( things that made D2 the best game of all time in its genre ), and what makes it worse, Blizzvision is usually very FAST to NERFFFF the S*** out of heroes' Builds/skill set or even item affixes (eg:IAS) that allow players to almost faceroll inferno. There are many examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS4LSZy6qik
(wizard beat inferno diablo, less than 10 days after release, while J.Wil claimed it would take months)

and double tornado barb, with cheap !@# gear, just stack life on hit and crit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nayhzdLGKo

I am quite confident that the MAIN reason blizzvision nerfes(or they say, Patches) the exploits of the system ( which is funnily their developers thought already balanced on 15 May) is to make sure the MAJORITY of the players play the F***ing game the WAY developers WANT them to play, which is obviously very gear dependent (for solo) and similar to WoW ( eg: melee tanks, range dpsing from behind). In other words MORE RMAH SHOPPING! more $$ milking!. With D2, I didn't know the terms of tanking, dps, or support role. those terms I learned from WOW!

secondly why this game is a tremendous utter failure is the loot/gears mechanic. ZERO creativity and with very bland Flavor. Leave almost no room for future gear improvement, sh**tty legendaries and yet the developers claimed it would be the biggest Diablo ever ( yea dream on ). only 3 most important stats that people can look for in D3 in terms of gear, the primary STR/DEX/ INT, VITALITY, and ALL RES (+optional 1 individual RES). nothing else really matter. as for weapon and attack power, mainly concerns of the weapon DPS and stats, but very few interesting effects whatsoever (mainly critical dmg, AS, and LoH, the rest of the effects are next to useless).

I also Realized that the whole game is mainly to get you hooked and hypnotized you to be dependent on Auction house ( blizzvision makes you accustomed to GAH first, then progress to RMAH). I still remember that even the FIRST day i played D3 (May 17), I already had to rely on GAH in order to progress much more quickly and some friends who refused the idea, got left far far behind. Ridiculously, this whole AH idea, completely destroyed D3 other feature which is crafting ( even retards know that buying stuff in AH is faster, cheaper and more reliable than sh*ts haedrig makes )

Lastly, I have very little doubt that when pvp does come out later, there will be a huge patch and nerfs in order to balance up the horrid mess that developers had made. Most Range classes will be dominating in the early stages I believe, like Demon hunter can crit up to 200 -300 k PER shot (from a far). in order to mitigate this, I am quite sure that the developers will implement some quick fix like introducing pvp gear only, or nerfing pve dps gear, and so on and so on. and at the end of the day there is hardly any uniqueness in each characters, except gear progression ( sounds WoWisH?)
it simply does not require much IQ to figure out that this scenario in the future will be full of WoWification ( way to go blizzvision, way to go!)

D3 is no fun at all, no fun, NONE,compared to D2 i played. in D2, i could enjoy even the first 15 minutes of play, much more gory, unexpected surprises, andariel spooked me, ( i laughed at butcher as he used the same 'fresh meat' phrase from dota /warcraft, and sadly uses the same hook skill ). I enjoyed exploring the stuff in D2, and it was hard even in normal difficulty at that time ( D3 normal mode is an insult to most players). When i played D3 to beat inferno, I felt like I was working in a 2nd job. boring, tedious and very very repetitive ( 80% of the waypoints, gates, and small area are fixed at 1 spot, Eg: the heaven's library act 4, the small areas for the 2 orbs quest, drowned temple in act 1, 80% of act 3 map is fixed ). Blizzvision really do lied to customers in this map randomization feature.

then i reached a point where i was so bored, I deleted all characters i had (high/low level, including my baba) and uninstalled the game just to made my evening better after work.

After buying their two products and witnessing their current money milking business model, I can hardly trust any products from Blizzvision anymore in my life as they have proven themselves again and again as a company that only prioritizes money milking in order to afloat. too bad folks, this company will hardly reinvigorate our childhood memories.
Reply Quote
wow... after browsing through the T2 website i feel rather dumb having spent 50bucks on D3
Reply Quote
I've pre-ordered TL2 and can't wait for it. I really enjoyed TL. TL2 is going to be everything that we wanted D3 to be.
Reply Quote
Yeah, lets just hope that the game doesn't get patched a **** ton of times, like D3 :/
Reply Quote
73 Dwarf Paladin
I played T original and had decent fun. Fun return was worth the $15. Think it was a good effort by a small indie software house. I pre ordered.

I want to support software makers who do not rip off Australians and ppl in other regions by slugging them with extra cost Because They Can. T2 costs $20 for everyone so I will happily buy it.

i wouldnt call them a small indie software house.. they are great, they were the reason D2 + D2LoD was so awesome.. they have bags of experience.. and charge minimal prices for the games because they are not greedy dictators..

im deffo going to get TL2 and GW2, i have not brought D3 yet, i have played it on my bro's account, but its simply not worth 67 bucks after tax lol..

TL2 + multiplayer = Win.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]