Diablo® III

Gibbering Gemstone..

90 Tauren Warrior
Just wanted to see if anyone else is ready to ragequit D3 because of the absolute horrible chances of getting this item? I've literally spent well over 7 hours farming this place.. And It's annoying enough to get the wrong cave 5-6 times in a row.. But when you finally do get the Caverns of frost, NO chilltara. Ever... And I already have all the other pieces, and spent the 100k gold on the bell. So blegh.

just wanted to see if anyone else is suffering like I am.
Reply Quote
let me guess, you got it shortly after posting. There's a reason it's called what it is.
Reply Quote
Just wanted to see if anyone else is ready to ragequit D3 because of the absolute horrible chances of getting this item? I've literally spent well over 7 hours farming this place.. And It's annoying enough to get the wrong cave 5-6 times in a row.. But when you finally do get the Caverns of frost, NO chilltara. Ever... And I already have all the other pieces, and spent the 100k gold on the bell. So blegh.

just wanted to see if anyone else is suffering like I am.

You're unlucky. I got it to drop on my second run. The drop rate is not that bad, some people have gotten unlucky.
Reply Quote
By the way secret level drops suck lol
Reply Quote
I got it release day after getting to act III for the first time.

I wondered what it was for for a while.
Reply Quote
72 Undead Rogue
Second run. Sorry.
Reply Quote
Got it on my first run in normal with a lvl 29 WD.
Reply Quote
I guess I'm one of the lucky people. Sat down at starbucks to farm for the secret level mats hoping to get some of it done before work....

Got all the items I needed before I finished my cup of coffee ><
Reply Quote
It took me about 2 hours of straight runs to finally get it. Its all about luck, just keep trying.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
I happened across it when I was clearing nightmare mode for the first time. Now, the liquid rainbow on the other hand...
Reply Quote
7 hours farming in a diablo game.

shocked.
Reply Quote
Got it once, didn't realize what it was and tossed it. Got it again on my alt's first run through. Random is random.
Reply Quote
I have been trying to get it for 3 days! Doing my head in really! Admittedly I only get about 2 hours a day playing time due to having a marriage and 4 kids. So I have spent 6+ hours trying to get it and still no luck
Reply Quote
Took me 8 hours to farm all the stuff I needed to make the staff. Also took about 4 hours to farm the gold to upgrade the staff for Hell.
Reply Quote
Took me a long time, maybe 3-4 hours maybe longer I can't remember. All the other things I got on my first/second run. This is diablo though. But as a side note, don't bother. The secret level while funny the first couple of runs is kinda not that great imo. When I got to inferno and realised my gear wasn't good enough I tried farming Hell secret level, meh. Maybe I just had bad luck but I went and got 5 stacks of neph buff before entering and Had zero luck. So I just did other stuff to make gold get items and moved on, not that great tbh.
Reply Quote
After 6 full runs of Hell Frost Caverns and 3 Normal runs of Normal Frost caverns, I got it!

Chiltara spawned behind the teleport stone on level 2.
Reply Quote
took me like 2.5 hours
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]