Diablo® III

Inferno zombie bear WD build

Hey guys I'm not far in inferno currently, about to be on butcher in act 1 as soon as i can finally get the item i bought from the broke !@# auction house. Heres my build that I've been using and keep planning on using
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fZUdRj!ZcU!caaZaa
Pretty self explainable i've soloed everything in act 1 so far without much trouble.
Stats: I have around 33k health and 11.5k dmg. without soul harvest.
Just wanted to post the build see what you guys thought, would love some feedback thanks guys :)
Reply Quote
with vision quest i can spam them as long as i want as long as i keep everything on cooldown which isn't hard
Reply Quote
Another vision quest build, how imaginative.
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Randymarsh
with vision quest i can spam them as long as i want as long as i keep everything on cooldown which isn't hard

No you can't, stop lying.
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 11:05 AMPosted by rogue4ever

No you can't, stop lying.

Troll much?
Reply Quote
You can't spam bears with a VQ build indefinitely, even with mana regen passives, unless you have a slow 2 hander and no IAS or something.
Reply Quote
I currently am using a 2 hander, but i havent always ive never had mana be an issue unless something was off cd and i forget to use it. Also if your in inferno just sitting spamming bears without moving at all im impressed
Reply Quote
Voodoo runed for mana is a much better alternative to VQ. Get your aspd to 2.1 or higher and youll get butcher down to 30% easy, 20 secs into the fight
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Krissspy
Voodoo runed for mana is a much better alternative to VQ. Get your aspd to 2.1 or higher and youll get butcher down to 30% easy, 20 secs into the fight

So are you recommending just changing VQ for something else? Ok, how would you recommend the best/easiest way to get atk speed to 2.1+?
Reply Quote
I seriously don't know why people still run VQ on inferno. You lock out 4 slots which could otherwise be used as escape mechanisms. Sure you can get 100k+ dps on bears. But dead dps is 0 dps.

Using voodoo with bears is not feasible for anything else other than bosses or certain unkiteable fast elites.

Rings, gloves, amulet all IAS. My 5501H/53-245OH (which i bought for 30k all up to test speed) does way more dps than my 900dps 2H.
Edited by Krissspy#1971 on 5/27/2012 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I seriously don't know why people still run VQ on inferno. You lock out 4 slots which could otherwise be used as escape mechanisms. Sure you can get 100k+ dps on bears. But dead dps is 0 dps.

Using voodoo with bears is not feasible for anything else other than bosses or certain unkiteable fast elites.

Rings, gloves, amulet all IAS. My 5501H/53-245OH (which i bought for 30k all up to test speed) does way more dps than my 900dps 2H.

I see your point with the zombie bears, do you have a different build youd recommend?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

I am using a zombie bears build with VQ and big bad voodoo in act 3 inferno. I have no problem getting a 5 stack, and I've used this on mobs, elites, and bosses since act 4 Hell. I don't see why people on this forum hate on something that works so well. Zombie Bears is extremely viable. If you can get a OH with mana regen - 10 mana regen with VQ is 30 mana regen a second. I use spirit walker with honored guest and never find myself unable to cast freely.
Reply Quote
My biggest problem with zombie bear build is that I get anihalated by ranged units that flee when you near them. Everything one shot me so I'm bound to get hit by something when there's a good 25 mobs on the screen. I have to get so close and that is a big issue. What do you do?
Edited by Jushi#2511 on 5/29/2012 9:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Zombie Bears is extremely viable. If you can get a OH with mana regen - 10 mana regen with VQ is 30 mana regen a second. I use spirit walker with honored guest and never find myself unable to cast freely.

It should be noted that you can get offhands with both mana regen, and reduced zombie charger mana cost. That plus a mana regen helm and weapon can lead to literally infinite bears with just VQ.

***: This statement true for little to no attack speed builds. Heavy ias builds will still oom, just not nearly as fast
Edited by BulKathos#1158 on 5/29/2012 9:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I use this build to farm Act 1 Inferno and have no problem getting 5 stacks solo.

I currently changed my gear around and now farm ACT 1 Inferno. I can kill the butcher in about 1-2 minutes solo.

Current Stats are: 40K HP, 10K DPS and 550 Resist all.

I'm currently working in increasing DPS while maintaining HP and Resists.

My current build is called Chicken and Bears and works great. I can take down most elite packs with it.

With Jungle Fortitude and Bad Medicine, that's 40% damage reduction from all incoming hits.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afUQjR!cZU!accbYa

Any ideas for Act 2 or ACT 3 with this build?
Reply Quote
If you think you can't spam it indefinitely...

1) Invest in Mana regen gear.
2) Enjoy as even a meager 7 mana/sec becomes 21 with VQ.

With a 'slow' ish 2-hander (which is the right way to use bears, unless you use procs) you need 30~46 passive mana regen (depending on mana pool) as Honored Guest Spirit Walk will top you up.

It is completely possible to spam it indefinitely. You do have to give up a fair bit for it, though.
Reply Quote
Interesting build.

Don't you find it hard to keep VQ active with so many skills with short cooldowns (15 seconds or less)?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]