Diablo® III

List of Life-on-Hit for Wizards

Gr8 info
request sticky :)
Reply Quote
Anyone see some good life on hit weapons? Mine is 541 per hit
Reply Quote
Tks now i understand why my 951 life on hit wand didnt gave me life... was using shock pulse/piercing orb, now going to change for magic missile :)
That will make my Inferno A1 easyer.

Btw can someone post a good build here for Inferno A1, got a full dps build with 32k dps with buffs but only 18k HP and keep dying from motars.
Reply Quote
and thats why i get *@@%d by dmg reflect using the hydra blizzard build.

Thanks for the info OP

I hear ya :/ Stupid reflect damage.
Reply Quote
Tks now i understand why my 951 life on hit wand didnt gave me life... was using shock pulse/piercing orb, now going to change for magic missile :)
That will make my Inferno A1 easyer.

Btw can someone post a good build here for Inferno A1, got a full dps build with 32k dps with buffs but only 18k HP and keep dying from motars.

Motars are from the devil, stupid skill :/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Just tested mirror image mocking demise; it's actually pretty good for life on hit, especially with a critical mass/illusionist build to reset it faster. I was messing around with a melee critical mass build in act2 inferno and it makes a pretty good addition.

Mirror Image:
-Mocking Demise: 50% per target hit per image detonation
-Mirror Mimics: 0%, image damage does not heal
Edited by Grum#1472 on 6/4/2012 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It sucks that blizz capped at 2% but I just can't survive with meteor in multiplayer games. Blizzard does 280% damage over 8 seconds and slows enemies...

I love piercing orb cause it's free and it pierces... I think it's better than magic missile for mobs as well... I got 2.49 attack speed and can dump 10 of them in 1-2 seconds.

We should calculate at what attack speed piercing orb is better than magic missile. (likely never, but what attack speed needed to get close)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Just tested mirror image mocking demise; it's actually pretty good for life on hit, especially with a critical mass/illusionist build to reset it faster. I was messing around with a melee critical mass build in act2 inferno and it makes a pretty good addition.

Mirror Image:
-Mocking Demise: 50% per target hit per image detonation
-Mirror Mimics: 0%, image damage does not heal

Thanks for the info. This is good to know, and I've added it in to the original post.
Reply Quote
Spells that seem high to me:

• Spectral Blade with deep cuts: You could easily get over 250% of your Health on hit since it hits multiple targets, and it's not even that slow.
  • SIDE NOTE: this officially makes Healing Blades pretty worthless if you have any health on hit at all.

• Electrocute with Surge of Power: 25% for something that fires several times a second and can hit all targets in a wide line?! Correct me if I'm wrong but I see this bringing you from nothing back to full health with not even that much health on hit.
  • Arcane Orb with Tap the Source: It hardly seems fair that this gets the same coefficient as Obliterate, considering it is the same size AoE and gets cast almost twice as often.
  • Arcane Torrent: Deceptively high for 20%. Have you played around with this? You shoot several missles a second and each easily hits several targets because of how precise the targeting is on that spell.
  • Meteor with Star Pact: It's worth noting this is cheaper, so cast more often, and yet gives the same health on hit as any other rune.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
le bump
Reply Quote
Spells that seem high to me:

• Spectral Blade with deep cuts: You could easily get over 250% of your Health on hit since it hits multiple targets, and it's not even that slow.
  • SIDE NOTE: this officially makes Healing Blades pretty worthless if you have any health on hit at all.

• Electrocute with Surge of Power: 25% for something that fires several times a second and can hit all targets in a wide line?! Correct me if I'm wrong but I see this bringing you from nothing back to full health with not even that much health on hit.
  • Arcane Orb with Tap the Source: It hardly seems fair that this gets the same coefficient as Obliterate, considering it is the same size AoE and gets cast almost twice as often.
  • Arcane Torrent: Deceptively high for 20%. Have you played around with this? You shoot several missles a second and each easily hits several targets because of how precise the targeting is on that spell.
  • Meteor with Star Pact: It's worth noting this is cheaper, so cast more often, and yet gives the same health on hit as any other rune.

All coeficients seem based on how many enemies per hit are you supposed to hit with it. The cost reduction runes, sure, they reduce the cost but also the damage and other potential effects. That's what you're trading the extra hits for.

The case of spectral blades, well it's the only "melee" spell so I suppose you get hit more, and that was taken into account when balancing those numbers.
Edited by WildMarker#1925 on 6/4/2012 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Posted by Flutterguy
wait, venom hydra doesn't heal with life on hit anymore?

Anymore? No hydra has ever triggered life gain.

I heard some guy saying that venom hydra + life on hit works really well and is a border-line exploit - therefore I'm asking.

that was life after kill i think
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 08:16 AMPosted by WildMarker
Oh hey, does the Lightning armor shock proc life on hit as well? I'd like to know that. It would be good for a melee mage, since getting hit means regaining more life.

It does not... I've yet to find anything that will passively proc life on hit... only skills that you click for.
Reply Quote
Knowing this, makes the Permafreeze Spectral Blades build detractors look odd.
Reply Quote
Awesome work, thx!
Reply Quote
06/04/2012 05:14 PMPosted by GarretDorign
Knowing this, makes the Permafreeze Spectral Blades build detractors look odd.

Well remember that those are coeficients for life on hit. We¡re just assuming they're the same for AD and CM.

I actually went ahead and tested the spectral blades and NO WAY they've got those chances of proc'in Critical Mass. It has to be waaaay lower.
Reply Quote
Shouldn't there be a mod on sticky duty? I don't want the great guides that people have made to get buried.

Speaking of, so far I have requested a sticky for this thread and Rolfson's Wizard guide (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5594209994?page=1), are there any others that are stick-worthy?
Reply Quote
Very interesting data, also like the replies about CM, ap on hit and others. I won't be able to play for a few days and would like to know if anyone has tested Diamond skin/shards-mirror skin, frost armor/jagged ice, or any of the storms armors.
Reply Quote
Very good research! Thanks for putting in the legwork.

Should definitely be stickied.
Reply Quote
Great data!

requesting stick
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]