Diablo® III

Please Understand...

Children, I admit it is too bad but blizzard is more then capable. The technical implications of 2 million+ people SPAMMING login requests is tremendous at best. Trolling won't change the fact that a universal launch of this size has NEVER been accomplished on this scale. The fact that people were logged in and playing within the first 24 hours was an amazing feet unto itself. Network engineers told blizzard that this scale of implementation was NOT possible. Get that? NOT POSSIBLE, but they are doing it anyways. In one weeks time, the hot fixes will be done, and everything will be smooth sailing. Also Read the TERMS OF SERVICE you agreed too on install before you complain about your rights you don't actually have.

PLUS< Did anyone ever think that after 24 hours they were going to BACK UP YOUR FRICKEN' CHARECTERS!!! The terabytes of information that needs to be backed up will take a couple hours at best, so relax get some sleep. EAT SOMETHING, and chill out. Do you want a server crash and have all your 10 hours of work be waisted? Cause blizzard doesn't. Don't troll if you don't know what you are talking about. Just be mad, and deal with it. It will be running perfectly in a couple of days.

P.S. THANK YOU BLIZZARD FOR AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!! NOTHING BUT AWESOME SO FAR THROUGH ACT 2!
Reply Quote
THANKS FOR THAT 10 MINUTES BLIZZ

TOOK ME ABOUT 5 HOURS TO FIND OUT HOW TO INSTALL THIS DAMN GAME AND THEN

10 MINUTES OF ERORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

great opening.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

great opening.

not their fault your stupid and dont know how to install a game. lol
Reply Quote

great opening.

The fact that you were unable to install the game has nothing to do with Blizzard having a poor launch. Everyone I know installed fine. God forbid people would have to use more effort than it takes to play farm ville.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Children, I admit it is too bad but blizzard is more then capable. The technical implications of 2 million+ people SPAMMING login requests is tremendous at best. Trolling won't change the fact that a universal launch of this size has NEVER been accomplished on this scale. The fact that people were logged in and playing within the first 24 hours was an amazing feet unto itself. Network engineers told blizzard that this scale of implementation was NOT possible. Get that? NOT POSSIBLE, but they are doing it anyways. In one weeks time, the hot fixes will be done, and everything will be smooth sailing. Also Read the TERMS OF SERVICE you agreed too on install before you complain about your rights you don't actually have.

PLUS< Did anyone ever think that after 24 hours they were going to BACK UP YOUR FRICKEN' CHARECTERS!!! The terabytes of information that needs to be backed up will take a couple hours at best, so relax get some sleep. EAT SOMETHING, and chill out. Do you want a server crash and have all your 10 hours of work be waisted? Cause blizzard doesn't. Don't troll if you don't know what you are talking about. Just be mad, and deal with it. It will be running perfectly in a couple of days.

P.S. THANK YOU BLIZZARD FOR AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!! NOTHING BUT AWESOME SO FAR THROUGH ACT 2!

agreed. this is to be expected for a game this big thats fully online. all the children complaining they didnt get to play every second since midnight need to just chill the **** out, let blizzard do their jobs.

/agree game is sick so far
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:04 PMPosted by MeSoHi
Children

Yeah, nah. Try not sounding like a condescending jerk if you want to be taken seriously.
Reply Quote
Next release blizzard should only allow people in AARP to post on the forums.
Reply Quote
Totally agreed this is how i feel about it. I think blizzard has done a great job so far and will be sticking with them great game and great job blizzard

(said this on a few complaining posts as i am sick of the whining lol)
can people please stop complaining and whining and cursing and swearing dont they realise yes they may be angry but this spoils the enjoyment of others that are just taking it in there stride and like the game and dont want to constantly hear complaints or putting people down blizzard is doing the best they can and there are millions of people online here and we all try to log in at once of course there is going to be some glitches it will be sorted out soon enough. As for me i love the game and other than to report glitches i am not hanging around as pretty much battlenet has turned into a ton of complaints and everything and i personally am sick of it and will be enjoying the game when blizzard can get things up and running they are going as fast as they can people give them a break and let them do there job.

Thanks and bye
Edited by Sorceress#1395 on 5/15/2012 10:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
KISS MOAR !@# FANBOY. saying it was not possible means they should not have gone with that approach. all day people waiting for server to come online to play SINGLE PLAYER. we're suffering because the damn real currency AH JUST HAD TO IMPLEMENTED. Since there is no monthly sub they have to suck money out after launch of game somehow. once some $%^-er figures out how to bug out items and make duplicates we're gonna get shut down again so they can fix that. Offline should have been implemented.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest

great opening.

The fact that you were unable to install the game has nothing to do with Blizzard having a poor launch. Everyone I know installed fine. God forbid people would have to use more effort than it takes to play farm ville.

Actually if you'd read into it the reason a huge portion of people we're not able to install was because of blizzards broken launcher. It would get stuck at updating set-up files for some others it would not get past the launcher and others would hit the play button only to have nothing happen. Now a server issue I can understand having all those login requests at a time would be very much like a ddos attack. However the launcher not working has nothing to do with server performance issues.
Reply Quote
You know, I would agree with you if I didn't have to sign into the server to play singleplayer. I bought the game, I agreed to the TOS, I know, I know. But really, this is a pretty disturbing trend. There's no legitimate reason for me to not be able to play single player offline.
Reply Quote
No excuse and people have the right to be mad, you promise a release and they don't deliver when you are unable to play. People work, have familys and other obligations becides video games. So not being able to play when they are allowed is not fair when they payed for it and are promised they would be. Its like a doctor killing your father in surgery and saying "im sorry, i have done so many of these im tired and messed up" its their job and responsibility to do this. This is why you do stress tests, every wow xpac and on its vanilla release was like this, D2 was like this. When will blizz give a damn about their public? Other companies with games just as large don't have as many problems on release, especially getting D Dos'd because your too lazy to set up a !@#$ing stress test on your servers to prevent this from happening in the first place. There is no excuse to this, blizzard is %^-*ing over the millions of people that bought this game. 14 years and you can't get this !@#$ right.
Reply Quote
Im not complaining because I know that i'd probably finish the game way too quick. But at this rate, we're probably lucky to finish the game before their next expansion.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
05/15/2012 10:22 PMPosted by Matrex
No excuse and people have the right to be mad, you promise a release and they don't deliver when you are unable to play. People work, have familys and other obligations becides video games. So not being able to play when they are allowed is not fair when they payed for it and are promised they would be. Its like a doctor killing your father in surgery and saying "im sorry, i have done so many of these im tired and messed up" its their job and responsibility to do this. This is why you do stress tests, every wow xpac and on its vanilla release was like this, D2 was like this. When will blizz give a damn about their public? Other companies with games just as large don't have as many problems on release, especially getting D Dos'd because your too lazy to set up a !@#$ing stress test on your servers to prevent this from happening in the first place. There is no excuse to this, blizzard is %^-*ing over the millions of people that bought this game. 14 years and you can't get this !@#$ right.

Honestly I hate to play devils advocate but please explain to me how to do the impossible. Today's modern technology still has very defined limits. With the amount of people that bought the game and are trying to log on at the same time it is literally impossible to have a completely smooth launch with minor bugs. Even with all the server computers in the world their is a limit to such things as bandwidth and processing speed. I can agree that maybe people have a point with the single player game aspect however blizzard made it so it's not entirely a single player game ie you can join your friends and by their design it's a constant connection so you can connect at any time with your friends. Perhaps it would of been better to make it so you had to hit multilayer to be able to do so perhaps not it's neither here nor there. Fact being considering the large scale launch and knowing technological limitations you would be asking the impossible to have it much better then you have had it. Bandwidth is not unlimited and with such a connected game keeping all clients connected and stable through a single pervasive authentication and multilayer method is a feat in itself. Give it some time I for one am very impressed they have pulled it off as well as they have.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]