Diablo® III

Please Understand...

85 Draenei Mage
those poor puppies

Could you imagin what they will be like when they hit max level?

"omgah blizz your just a bad, you didnt provide me with end game content and stuff, wtf do you mean content wont be patched in.

your bad. gimmeh the money i spent on a game NAOW!! MY TYPING IS IN CAPS WHICH MEANS IM FUR SRS! MY CAPS THREATEN YOU!!!"

btw...in the process of destroying the english language above I seriously had the kneejerk reaction to punch puppies....
Reply Quote
5 hours to install = lol
Reply Quote
Would be nice if more work was put into beta testing the mac client, since it seems that all of us are suffering with 9-15PFS across all resolutions and settings.

Hoping for a fix for that soon. Playing is unbareable.

Otherwise, great game. Not particularly bothered by server issues. Servers will be servers.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
Would be nice if more work was put into beta testing the mac client, since it seems that all of us are suffering with 9-15PFS across all resolutions and settings.

Otherwise, great game. Not particularly bothered by server issues. Servers will be servers.

Not enough people played mac beta? funny that (starts pc vs macs thread)

Macs are !@#$ bro get a real computer
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Agreed. Would I rather be playing? Of course but I know that within a week everyone will be playing with near zero issues and life will be good and the same people here crying will be here singing the praises of Blizz and how great they are. The fair weather friends are back.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I'm in full agreement with the OP. Blizzard has done a great job of this game, I also have hit act II. While the general staple of services is "up 99.9% of the time"; that's just not possible, its' just a motto. If the game isnt up, get over it, go do something else, I'll be there when you get back. After all, you only play a one time fee to get the game. Having diablo III strictly online like starcraft II I think is a great idea; prevents people from doing what they did for Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft III, etc: download the game for free and play + lan it with friends. Granted, it was awesome to have a 8-player Starcraft game lanned in the middle of a lecture, but my point still stands.

To the whiners:
Put yourself in their network tech's shoes. You think you could manage MILLIONS of people trying to connect, create characters, create games over mere SECONDS on your servers with the higher ups potientally breathing down your neck? Stress would be unbearable.

You can whine all you want about compensation and crap and how you demand this or demand that, the end factor is you'll still be playing Diablo III their way: Online. Dont like it? Try going outside your door to reality. It's spring (summertime here more like it, hot as hell) and there is plenty to enjoy out there.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
At least Macs are safe?

Im Definitely pro PC, proper soft/hardware nullifies threats
Reply Quote
i didnt pay $60 just to look at my e-mail in the log in screen during release day sorry. i want to play
Reply Quote
\
\
\\
\\
>\/ 7
_.-(6' \
(=__._/` \
) \ |
/ / |
/ > /
j < _\
_.-' : ``.
\ r=._\ `.
<`\ \_ \ .`-.
\ r-7 `-. ._ ' . ` \
\ `, `-.`7 7) )
\/ \| \' / `-._
|| .'
143 \\ (
dogzse4 >\ >
,.-' >.'
<.' _ .''
<'

THIS THREAD IS NOW A BRONIE THREAD. PONIES AND UNICORNS GET IN HERE
Reply Quote

Not enough people played mac beta? funny that (starts pc vs macs thread)

Macs are !@#$ bro get a real computer

Sighs... PC-freaks always first argument is that "Mac sucks a bloo bloo bloo".

Nevertheless, doesn't change the fact that I paid for a $60 game and I expect it to run. It's very frustrating having to play at sub-standard performance when I shouldn't have to.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
At least Macs are safe?

Im Definitely pro PC, proper soft/hardware nullifies threats

But only cool kids at starbucks use macs?

Yeah PCs are by far the most stable platform for gaming not to mention cheaper in the long run and your able to do more with them due to them being far more open source.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:19 PMPosted by Invalidated
Actually if you'd read into it the reason a huge portion of people we're not able to install was because of blizzards broken launcher. It would get stuck at updating set-up files for some others it would not get past the launcher and others would hit the play button only to have nothing happen. Now a server issue I can understand having all those login requests at a time would be very much like a ddos attack. However the launcher not working has nothing to do with server performance issues.

I agree with this, I am one of the people having difficulties getting past the updating setup files. I can understand the servers, but when a massive chunk of us cannot even get to install screen, thats the unacceptable part. from what I've read the Agent.exe install thing has been there since beta, so there really is no excuse to have not fixed that. If i could get to the point where the servers arn't working i would happily wait a few more days till the servers are working.
Reply Quote
This is were an offline single player feature would be spectacular wouldn't it? At least we would be able to play.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
i got this game installed and running on linux and have been playing for hours, and there is zero support for linux users. if you cant work out how to install a supported os you may be looking at the back of your monitor.
Reply Quote
after vanilla wow's EPIC server failures on release (for a couple months), i expected a more smooth release on this game.

imho i think blizzard should have put more effort into preparing for this... they have to be at least almost smart enough to figure this could happen.

in this day and age if you have this many problems, even on release, its not ok. the player base demands more, give it to them, or dont charge 60 friggin dollars.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
05/15/2012 10:43 PMPosted by DwightShrute
Actually if you'd read into it the reason a huge portion of people we're not able to install was because of blizzards broken launcher. It would get stuck at updating set-up files for some others it would not get past the launcher and others would hit the play button only to have nothing happen. Now a server issue I can understand having all those login requests at a time would be very much like a ddos attack. However the launcher not working has nothing to do with server performance issues.

I agree with this, I am one of the people having difficulties getting past the updating setup files. I can understand the servers, but when a massive chunk of us cannot even get to install screen, thats the unacceptable part. from what I've read the Agent.exe install thing has been there since beta, so there really is no excuse to have not fixed that. If i could get to the point where the servers arn't working i would happily wait a few more days till the servers are working.

I don't know if this will help Dwight but I fixed mine using this fix.

Fix #1

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Scroll down and find “Secondary Logon”

Right Click > Properties

Change it from ‘Disabled’ to ‘Automatic’

Run your Diablo 3 setup as administrator and it should quickly go through Updating Setup Files and bring you to an install screen. Congratulations, your game now (hopefully) works! If this solved your issue, spread it around.
Reply Quote
I don't know if this will help Dwight but I fixed mine using this fix.

Fix #1

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Scroll down and find “Secondary Logon”

Right Click > Properties

Change it from ‘Disabled’ to ‘Automatic’

Run your Diablo 3 setup as administrator and it should quickly go through Updating Setup Files and bring you to an install screen. Congratulations, your game now (hopefully) works! If this solved your issue, spread it around.

sadly i've tried every fix from that site, plus these forums and nothing has worked. The Admin here has only posted one fix that apparently doesn't work for 80% of us haha.
Edited by DwightShrute on 5/15/2012 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/15/2012 10:04 PMPosted by MeSoHi
Children, I admit it is too bad but blizzard is more then capable. The technical implications of 2 million+ people SPAMMING login requests is tremendous at best. Trolling won't change the fact that a universal launch of this size has NEVER been accomplished on this scale. The fact that people were logged in and playing within the first 24 hours was an amazing feet unto itself. Network engineers told blizzard that this scale of implementation was NOT possible.

Umm.... No. First of all, this is Blizzard. You know, the company that has a supposed 12 million subscriber base to an online-only game? B.) 2 million people log on to said game constantly. III.) Where are you getting internal memos from Blizzard Network Engineers? Splern.) They gave out over 1.2 million copies of the game free, had almost 3 million pre-orders, and projected launch day sales of an additional 1.5million+. How could they not expect over 2 million logins at once?
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
[/quote]

sadly i've tried every fix from that site, plus these forums and nothing has worked. The Admin here has only posted one fix that apparently doesn't work for 80% of us haha.[/quote]

Ah well was worth a shot good luck on trying to get it to work.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:04 PMPosted by MeSoHi
P.S. THANK YOU BLIZZARD FOR AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!! NOTHING BUT AWESOME SO FAR THROUGH ACT 2!

Oh thats nice, you think it's ok for others to not be mad just because you got to play through half of normal mode... So it's ok to not be angry.. don't worry guys.. THIS DUDE got to play.. so he's chilled....People took work off, waited weeks, months years.. they were promised a 12amPDT play time, they pre-ordered, pre-loaded but blizzard didn't PREpare...
Oh it can't be done you say? they were ambitious and it will be fine you say..
Ever heard of a login queue? The problem of DDOS wouldn't be anywhere huge if we were chucked in a queue and given a login ETA.. League of legends can do it, they've got 35million + registered accounts, and that game had no upfront fee..
A queue is not a hard thing to implement.. they only created the problem for themselves..
Yes I got to play for an hour or two.. yes I know this is hard.. but blizzard ARE !@#$ING LOADED..... People had already payed them for this game.. the least they could do is pay to have the server capacity to host the number of players that they sold the game to
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]