Diablo® III

Please Understand...

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Come 3-4 months from now, this whole launch business will be long gone from our minds. I realize that were all exited to play, but whats another 12 hours? 24 hours? We survived without D3 for that long before, I'm sure we can manage again. :-)
Reply Quote
That's what I'm saying that's what i loved about Diablo
Reply Quote
That is not really the point. They have been at this for years and should have the foresight for this kind of thing. This game has been in the making for over a decade, held back releases and whatever else. When I drop 70 bucks on a game I expect to be able to play it period. Even SWTOR and all the bs with that games release was at least playable.
Reply Quote
SWTOR launch < D3 launch tho
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree, but all we can do is hope that devs see this kind of scenario and learn from it, even if this isn't the first time something like this has happened.
Reply Quote
No not really lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/15/2012 10:54 PMPosted by Keyalel
Come 3-4 months from now, this whole launch business will be long gone from our minds. I realize that were all exited to play, but whats another 12 hours? 24 hours? We survived without D3 for that long before, I'm sure we can manage again. :-)

So if you had your car repaired, and the steering wheel broke half a block from the shop, you would calmly wait while they told you that you've been without this car for a week, what's one more?
Reply Quote
i had 0 problems with swtor on release
crap... i had 0 problems with the gw2 stress test beta!!! and disconnects are to be expected while stress testing the servers.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Could you imagin what they will be like when they hit max level?

"omgah blizz your just a bad, you didnt provide me with end game content and stuff, wtf do you mean content wont be patched in.

your bad. gimmeh the money i spent on a game NAOW!! MY TYPING IS IN CAPS WHICH MEANS IM FUR SRS! MY CAPS THREATEN YOU!!!"

btw...in the process of destroying the english language above I seriously had the kneejerk reaction to punch puppies....

I raise my glass to you sir :)
Reply Quote
the terms of use are moot... Its not like if we refused to accept them we would get a refund... Its a shifty and dishonest way for blizzard to conduct business.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Let's be real and keep this in perspective. How can you compare a game launch to a car breaking down.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:04 PMPosted by MeSoHi
Children,

*checks username*

Yup, your name is "MeSoHi." Thought so.
Reply Quote
I don't care about a 'launch' or 'servers', I want to play my single player adventure, by myself, without anyone else interrupting me. Why should I have to login to servers to play a game almost mechanically identical to diablo 1 and 2?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/15/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Keyalel
Let's be real and keep this in perspective. How can you compare a game launch to a car breaking down.

Easily. You pay money for a service, you expect the service. It's not like they didn't have time to prepare, it's not like they have no idea how to run servers for millions of people at once. Fact is, they do this for a living, they deal with these same situations again and again. You would expect them to be ready for it. I pay to use their servers, according to the license agreement, I expect the server to be up for more than 5 hours in the 24 hours of launch.
Reply Quote
73 Troll Hunter
Every online game has a clause that you agree to when you install it.

"Online experience may change"

People knew what they were buying. Everyone knew this was an online only game so why !@#$% about it not having offline capabilities? If i am a car manufacturer and i am selling a Batmobile but without the cool motorcycle build in feature you have 2 choices, you buy my car as is and dont complain or u dont buy my car. No need to ^-*!@ about the missing feature when you knew what you were getting.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Keyalel

no offense but...

your posts wreak of blizzard fanboy-ism.

more less biased posts please.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
In the end I'm sure Blizz is doing their best to get this up and running, because every hour of maintenance their customer base has to endure is another hundred scathing reviews for them. They're a business, and its in their best interest to get this resolved quickly.... all of that whining you hear though... that's the consequence of a bad launch. If you're going to call people children on the internet, you are obviously taking things too seriously yourself.
Reply Quote
73 Troll Hunter
Because this is Blizzards game ... and they told you before you bought the game what you were getting. Why is that so hard for you guys to understand?
Reply Quote
Complacency doesn't get you anything, defending Blizzard's screw up doesn't get you brownie points or free swag. complaining about it won't make a difference either since they already have your money.

What Vyndal said is true "It's not like they didn't have time to prepare, it's not like they have no idea how to run servers for millions of people at once. Fact is, they do this for a living, they deal with these same situations again and again. You would expect them to be ready for it"

Period.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 11:07 PMPosted by Sinas
Because this is Blizzards game ... and they told you before you bought the game what you were getting. Why is that so hard for you guys to understand?

i've been asking myself this all day reading these posts. Does nobody read into what they're buying? Granted its part of the Diablo Franchise but in no way would i assume its exactly like Diablo 2. So many things change in Game franchises. It makes me wonder, If they made Diablo 3 and made you a walking pile of %$#& and the game lasted 5 minutes and they explained this to you ahead of time, i'd assume they'd still sell many many copies. Same goes for all the angry people with their unsupported graphics cards (except for the people that got the error with supported cards), They tried to tell you ahead of time, but you were blinded by your ignorance.
Edited by CTownDrama#1867 on 5/15/2012 11:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]