Diablo® III

Where's "plan B" Blizzard?

Very little in the way of updates, extended downtime without immediately addressing the concerns of the user community, and no clearly communicated ETA until almost 2 hours after the downtime began. It's clear to me that Blizzard's third shift isn't up to the challenge of dealing with this situation effectively and there appears to be no defined process for dealing with a total hardware failure like this. They should have backup servers available to quickly switch users to while they diagnose the issues on their production environment, redundant network hardware to handle the peak demand, and enough people on hand to deal with whatever is thrown at them. Go-live is hard but you should always have a "plan B" to keep your end users affected as little as possible and to reduce your downtime to only those windows that have been properly communicated to the users ahead of time.
Reply Quote
I am going to go out on a limb and assume that their problem is much more complex than what you are attempting to explain. I am pretty sure that they have a team of highly educated network engineers.
Reply Quote
hahaha its would seem that way, but the post I saw from a Blue concerning the downtime was not even spellchecked.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/15/2012 10:42 PMPosted by Levity
hahaha its would seem that way, but the post I saw from a Blue concerning the downtime was not even spellchecked.

Its ^^^^

To complain about a post not being spell checked is one thing.

But when you do complain about that issue, make sure yours is right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]