Diablo® III

Pixelation Lighting Effects Fix ATi HD Series

I get them too.

I'll try on my Radeon HD 3450 running on win 64-7 version 7 tonight.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
05/17/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Rackdisiprin
Isis, my ticket was answered by Blizzard and I linked them your forum post and told them to sticky and comment on it so that people know more about how to fix this problem. you are amazing! I hope you get the recognition you deserve!!

Thanks, but its doesn't matter to me about getting recognition, I just want people to know what to do and have the problem fixed so they can enjoy the game.

everyone can also push the Request Sticky button at the top and if enough do it Blizzard then looks into it. I dont care weather this gets stickyed or blizz just copys the info and pastes it into a different one just as long as people know what to do to fix the problem, thats all that matters ^_^
Reply Quote
For anyone using a 3870x2, I uninstalled the 12.4a drivers, and on reboot the system defaulted to the 8.63 drivers that I believe came with the machine. I've seen a few posts about this behavior on other threads, but it worked perfectly. The launcher gives you some guff about the version being out of date but the pixelation is gone with little/no performance loss. Even with their outdated-ness I've found personally the 8.63 the be the most stable drivers so far. Hopefully this helps a few people!
Edited by WellExcuseMe#1892 on 5/18/2012 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
3870x2 here. Tried 12.4a hotfix and it did not fix the pixelation. Uninstalled, and installed 10.9 like it says here and it looks great. Thanks for putting in all the hard work and figuring this out, your awesome!
Reply Quote
I don't see the HD 5870 on the list.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
05/19/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Wolfie
I don't see the HD 5870 on the list.

The list is only from people reporting the issue, if you have it on your 5800 series card, try the fix and if it works ill add it to the first post.
Reply Quote
I have a 3670 and can't seem to get anything to work. I have tried numerous previoous drivers and all to no avail although the 11.7 did work sort of until Act II and then full pixelation prevented me from seeing anything. I tried 12.4 and the hotfix and the polygons spread like cancer and you can't see anything. I even tried the original drivers that the laptop defaults to as a previous poster suggested. I have done a full uninstall each time thru the express uninstall thru removing catalyst in the control panel. I literally can't play the game now and have never had this issue where I couldn't tackle it assuming it wasn't an unsupported vcard. I really don't want a $60 paperweight. Any other help here would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
12.1 Works just fine also. No need to go back to 10.*... That's a tad far.

This is on a ATI HD 4250 Mobility GPU.
Edited by Jesinta#1476 on 5/19/2012 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info! 10.9 works great!

12.1 does not fix for 3850
Reply Quote
Fix works for win7 64-bit, Radeon HD 3450. Running 10.9 and all is well. Fixes three issues for me, where as 12.4a only fixed the artifacts.

Fixed:
Artifacts
Grey overlay over most of the screen when running full screen
Light fixture pixelization
Reply Quote
Got a AMD Radeon HD 3400, installed the 10.9 driver, fixed all pixelation, and artifacts. That being said i still am only at 10 FPS on fullscreen and about 22FPS in windowed mode. I ran game booster, set the task manager to priority High, and many many other things. Can anyone tell me if this is as good as its going to get with the card i am running? I have plenty of hard drive space and a capable processor as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
05/20/2012 01:16 PMPosted by CIDVICIOUS
Got a AMD Radeon HD 3400, installed the 10.9 driver, fixed all pixelation, and artifacts. That being said i still am only at 10 FPS on fullscreen and about 22FPS in windowed mode. I ran game booster, set the task manager to priority High, and many many other things. Can anyone tell me if this is as good as its going to get with the card i am running? I have plenty of hard drive space and a capable processor as well.

Yeah it could be the older drivers not providing the best possible performance for the card, it sucks with using the older drivers, hope the 12.5s come out soon from AMD and hopfully have this all cleared up.
Reply Quote
Thank you Isis, you have certainly put some time into these solutions. Maybe the next driver will optimize the card as you suggest.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter

But for now you will need to download the 10.9 driver package, uninstall your current drivers, reboot, install the older ones, reboot once more and the issue is gone (it is important that you do a full uninstall and reboot before doing the driver downgrade as it will not downgrade properly if you just run the old installer on top of your newer drivers). Hopfully using these older drivers doesn't cause issues with other newer games but since the HD 3800 series card is pretty old it will probably be fine.

32bit Driver Download Vista/Win7:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/10/Pages/radeon.aspx?os=Windows Vista - 32-Bit Edition&rev=10.9

Thank you, Isis! This worked for me on my Radeon HD 3650 PCI-E. I'm hoping AMD releases a solid fix to the next update. Much appreciated!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thank You Isis!!! Nice work!!!
Radeon HD 4550 Win7 x32 + AMD 10.9 driver and GOODBYE pixel problem

YA-HA!!!
Reply Quote
I have te same problem whith a Sony Vaio: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200. The game teasing, tearing and is unplayable. Only in resolution 800x600 and all te goodies off "works". Is horrible i waste money in a game too buggy. Blizzard make patches!
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

I have HD 3650 and yesterday when I installed the game I was having grey triangles and pixelation around fires and lights.

I recently updated the catalyst software to 12.3... To get rid of the pixelation around fires etc, I enabled Adaptive Antialiasing, however the grey triangles were still there.

I then went into the device manager and 'rolled back' the driver - for some strange reason, that got rid of the triangles and the game runs well!!!!!
Reply Quote
Add the HD 3800 to the the list. It's far worse than just the shadows though. I get invisable mobs and scenery in certain locations. It's virutally unplayable at times.

Here only my pants are visable...

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594719286386998315/CD8244773D15F726F310D1351439ADC16E27FCC4/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Add the HD 3800 to the the list. It's far worse than just the shadows though. I get invisable mobs and scenery in certain locations. It's virutally unplayable at times.

Here only my pants are visable...

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594719286386998315/CD8244773D15F726F310D1351439ADC16E27FCC4/

3800 is on the list and is actually the one I started out on as its what I have.
Reply Quote
The fix worked for my HD 3800 but the rest of my computer seems a bit unstable. I'm getting Driver Crashes when I'm wacthing youtube. I don't like this...

Either way, ATI or Blizz should make this one of thier higher priorities to fix. This is clearly affecting a lot of people. Using a two year old Driver to fix a modern triple AAA title is extreme.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]