Diablo® III

Extremely Low FPS on Mac

I get extremely low FPS on my Mac, it runs around 2-4 FPS on low setting and off on what I can if I do high I get the same FPS lag. If I change the resolution it does not change. Changing the Foreground/Background FPS max does not help. I have played with all the settings.
Reply Quote
if your running an intel 3000 HD you need to upgrade to OS X lion, i personally cant even play because of ERROR 3003, but hope this helps
Reply Quote
What sort of Mac do you have, Shock? Different Macs have different video cards, which makes a huge difference when it comes to game performance.
Reply Quote
Mac OS X
2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
8gig Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Im Getting 15 fps :(
Any suggestions would be so helpful because i really want to enjoy this game!
Reply Quote
Well that's not a very good computer. That's what happens when you buy macs, you pay a ton for a subpar computer with a shiny case.
Reply Quote
15fps is pretty low though, im running at lowest settings aswell, havnt had this problem with any other game
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
so am i and it is awful
Reply Quote
I have been playing Diablo 3 on the lowest graphic settings. It still runs terrible. The only main problem I can think of is that I am running on Snow Leopard 10.6.8... Will OS X Lion upgrade the graphics engine? The slow FPS hasn't been a problem in any other games.
Reply Quote
I'm running Diablo 3 with these setting:

15-inch, Mid 2009
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4
2.53 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

The frame rate is still terrible even on the lowest settings becomes impossible to play, and I have tried all the settings. Its painful. Does anyone have a solution?!
Reply Quote
On that video card, you'll need to run windows/bootcamp for a decent framerate.

Vendors suck at mac video drivers, so performance is terrible.
You'll see a significant difference in bootcamp.
Reply Quote
I have a 2.66 Ghz intel core i7 with 8gb Ram and a Geforce GT 330M but I have continuous problems with black screen so I had to disable the Geforce and now run it with Intel HD Graphics. It works but it's very slow.

I have found no solution to the black screen problems while running the Geforce, but if anyone knows a solution please share!

The few minutes I can run it with the Geforce it's nice and smooth, and so pretty :P
Reply Quote
these posts are not bugs, these gfx cards listed above are old tech or the lowest model of new tech therefore unable to deliver minimum fps. and diablo 3 is pretty modest with hardware reqs. The only way you can enjoy this game is a new laptop
Reply Quote
My game even though on the lowest setting gets decent/alright framerates it just CRASHES and closes instantly randomly as i play. WHAT IS HAPPENING why does it just close/crash and all it says is "unexpected error occurred" how can i fix this? i heard something about downloading the digital D3 file into the same folder its installed in now and it will installing missing files if there are any but i dont see where to download the digital file.
anyone have any ideas on how to stop my game from closing/crashing. besides buying a new computer

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.47f2
Serial Number (system): W80059X866D
Hardware UUID: A93BE61F-E8EC-5A12-884E-0F6AB7C20EE2
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3427
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:
Reply Quote
Would it be possible to use swiftshader 3.0 to improve the fps if I have an unsupported card but have the game running (albeit with dreadful fps)? If so, where would I put the .dll and .ini files?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]