Diablo® III

The game connection has been lost;

What is glaringly missing from this thread is a response from Blizzard's side.
Reply Quote
I'm still having this issue and tried the steps in the FAQ without the issue being resolved. Anyone have any suggestions on what may be causing it? I've heard thoughts that playing a WW barb (which I do) can cause it. Any confirmation on that or are there any non-WW barbs having the same issue?
Reply Quote
having issues too for last couple of days .

I thought it was my barbarians whirlwind build but maybe its just like everything else about this game so far. Servers suck ?
Reply Quote
I've been having this issue for the last few days as well and I am running a WW barb. The game has been working pretty much fine since release. Now I basically get disconnected by the time i can get a 5 stack NV. It's super frustrating. I've tried updating drivers, and all the basic troubleshooting steps in the stickies and nothing has seemed to help. I've also used pingplotter to test my connection while I'm playing and I'm not experiencing any packet loss on my end so I have to think it's Blizzard or ISP related. I'm on Comcast in GA.

Can we get some response on this? It really sucks to get DC'd every 10-15min.
Edited by Slipey#1780 on 7/20/2012 9:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is an issue with their netcode. You cannot do anything about it until they work on it. The last 2 days I've been having this problem, but it's only with Diablo. Traces and meters show everything else is connecting just fine. I've also run 2 other online games at the same time, and they'll be fine, but Diablo will be lagging on a consistent basis and disconnecting every once in awhile.

There are times when your local and/or routes will be having issues, but for most instances... This is a Blizzard issue.
Edited by Jason#1250 on 7/21/2012 1:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Definately not exclusive to barb ww. Happens with my monk, dh, and wiz. Sometimes takes 5 minutes, sometimes 15, sometimes more. Screen freezes for ~5 mins then get kicked to char screen.

I'm not one of the people who want to quit. I like that good drops are rare. I don't really have that many issues with the gameplay, but these performance issues are forcing me away.
Reply Quote
Bump for more exposure. Every single time I play I receive this message and I'm unable to clear act 3 because of it. Very frustrating.
Reply Quote
View profile
bump, same issue, really want this solved
Reply Quote
Getting same issue on my PC, switched to my mac, getting the same issue there.

Something tells me it's not me.
Reply Quote
having the same issue here. WW barb, WD & monk. frustrating to get 5 NV stacks and on the sixth kill see the loot and get booted before you can even collect. common blizz, give us a acknowledgement that you know this is happening
Reply Quote
oh ok this thing keep happening to after the last patch i noticed.

good to know its not my pc , i thought is was at first ,

game freezes for 5-15 mins , then booted back to the character screens, with Disconnected error ,

please some one help,
Reply Quote
bumping 'cause I would like an answer and I'm bored at work :P
Reply Quote
same issue here, playing ww barb. very frustating :(
Reply Quote
Haven't had a disconnect in 3 days, which wouldn't have happened before. Did Blizzard apply some silent patch to fix something?
Reply Quote
I've been having this issue ever since the 1.03 patch. Tonight it has been especially bad. I was playing on both my DH and my WW Barb. It is costing me countless thousands in repairs, and I can't progress due to the constant disconnects and lag spikes.

I run the game using a wireless connection, but I tried it hard wired, and the game actually began disconnecting even faster. I have Charter internet service, and have had technicians out to test my line. They said everything is fine, and I have download speeds up to 50 megs a second and upload speeds up to 4 megs a second.

I have forwarded all of the recommended ports on my router, and it hasn't helped at all. I have a Linksys E3000 router.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials as my antivirus program.

Please Blizzard fix this issue. I can't afford to play the game anymore due to the lag spikes causing me to die or disconnect constantly in inferno, and my DH has previously been able to solo through Siegebreaker in Act III. I'm very disheartened and considering quitting, which would be a loss for Blizzard, because I have made many sales off the real money auction house.
Reply Quote
this is getting so tiring. get 5 stacks....disconnected. fix this problem that WW barbs are getting blizz...

oh i forgot, theres more important things than stopping customers from not being able to play.
Reply Quote
I might as well pile on....since it's been happening to me for the past week or so....get 5 stacks and boom....disconnected. I played D2 for 8 years, I'd hate to see that I only played D3 for 3 months....

I'm a computer tech/network tech by trade...I know for a fact that it isn't my end....fix this now....or you're going to lose a huge base of dedicated players....me included
Reply Quote
Same, I stopped playing for now. I hope blizzard does something soon.
Reply Quote
I keep getting this error once every 30 minutes to 1 hour. Cannot farm at all. Please fix it asap.
Reply Quote
I'm having the exact issue the op describes started happening today.
I'm in Sydney Australia on iiNet.
Haven't had this issue before, today its every 5 to 60 minutes.
I'm running the WW barb spec also.
Edited by Vril#6563 on 7/27/2012 7:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]