Diablo® III

transfer a character to another account

Hi. How do i transfer my character to another battlenet account??
Reply Quote
I am thinking you don't
Reply Quote
is it not possible? i remember i did it playing wow.
Reply Quote
D3 isn't WoW. I don't mean that in a rude way. I have not played WoW myself at least not beyond the free trial. But I think there are facets of D3 that won't allow it to operate the way Wow does. RMAH is an example as I believe they don't items being moved from one server to another.

I am not for sure though maybe a blue will post on this..
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Rogue
I too wish to transfer a character created during evaluation in my wifes account and now have purchased. I want the awsome character that i created on her account now on mine....blizzard please reply
Edited by Chicknsquezr#1425 on 5/18/2012 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've got exactly same problem, my girlfriend was playing on my account, levelled up 29th and today I got her own copy ... but I cannot transfer her character. She is well sad :(
Reply Quote
ANSWER US BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a problem that many will be confronted with and many will be clueless until we know if ITS POSSIBLE OR NOT.
Reply Quote
I have the exact same situation.
Reply Quote
are you all crazy? there is no transfer of characters between battlenet battle tags...you see, you have to log in, even single player, because they are trying to prevent hacking/cheating or whatever you call it.

Blizzard's answer is NO, you can't transfer a character between battle tags...end of story.

If the character is under level 40, big whoopy....just start a new character and forget about the other one.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem too. a friend tried the game out on my account and now loves it and bought the game and would like to continue playing his character he created.
Reply Quote
I would love this option as well...!
Reply Quote
My wife and I bought one copy of the game and now she's got a bunch of her own characters that she'd really like to bring over to a new Blizzard account and a new copy of the game for her laptop. Then we can play co-op, which you can imagine is totally the dream for any gamer. I mean, I have a hot gamer wife. She has boobs and she wants to play Diablo with me. Surely Blizzard can see the immense importance of this situation. Wife. Boobs. Co-op. Help me, Blizzard!
Reply Quote
same issue i am sharing a account with my fiance and would like to play on my own account so my boyfriend can play on his own account ( this is his).....I would very much like to be able to put my Demon Hunter onto my own :)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
The transferring of characters between accounts is not an offered service. If you'd like to request this be added to the game in the future, you'd need to post in the General Discussion forum.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/

Hi people from blizzard thanks for the reply. yea me too. i'm currently using my brother's account and i wanted to buy my own account but then i want my character to be able to transfer to my new account as well. I hope this would be possible anytime soon so i can buy a new account too. :)
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
While I realize there were no bad intentions here.. sharing accounts is strictly prohibited as is the sale or transfer of them. Doing so can get you banned. So no, they do not currently transfer D3 chars. And even in WoW where you can have multiple accounts they only transfer them if the first and last names match.

Just a heads up.. don't share accounts :/
Reply Quote
There's a fairly simple solution, if you were playing on a siblings\significant other\friends account, just ask them to buy or hold onto some cheap low level yellow gear with decent stats and +xp create a new character of the same type and powerlevel.

Once you know what your doing you can rush through remarkably fast especially if your using same level yellow gear (keep in mind that the first time you fight the skeleton king he tends to drop lvl 5ish rare(s) when you are likely around lvl 10, and this level gap between what you obtain from bosses and the level you usually are to beat them tends to widen as you progress through the game. Using gear that is close to your level, or socketed with flawless square gems will make it incredibly quick to level the new character up, its not impossible to do the speed run achievements on your first play through if you want if you skip all the cutscenes and conversations and just rush through, relying on the +exp to keep your level to where it should be.

Once you reach the level you were in the first place, just have your sibling\significant other\friend trade you the items the old character was wearing.
Reply Quote
Hello,
blizzard is on US servers by default probably when you register. so who knows maybe they did it on purpose to screw up EU players when registering. Then it is necessary to transfer characters on EU servers which means only more money for blizzard :)
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
That is incorrect. They do not want your money to transfer characters between Regions. They do not offer that service at all. It can not be done.
Reply Quote
There's a fairly simple solution, if you were playing on a siblings\significant other\friends account, just ask them to buy or hold onto some cheap low level yellow gear with decent stats and +xp create a new character of the same type and powerlevel.

Once you know what your doing you can rush through remarkably fast especially if your using same level yellow gear (keep in mind that the first time you fight the skeleton king he tends to drop lvl 5ish rare(s) when you are likely around lvl 10, and this level gap between what you obtain from bosses and the level you usually are to beat them tends to widen as you progress through the game. Using gear that is close to your level, or socketed with flawless square gems will make it incredibly quick to level the new character up, its not impossible to do the speed run achievements on your first play through if you want if you skip all the cutscenes and conversations and just rush through, relying on the +exp to keep your level to where it should be.

Once you reach the level you were in the first place, just have your sibling\significant other\friend trade you the items the old character was wearing.

Yeah, it only took me 16 hours to get to Inferno on my Wizard (no power leveling, just using high level socket gems and high level reduced requirement gear). (Note, I wasn't even rushing. I was just playing normally for the most part. On NM+, I did try to fight everything so I don't get underleveled though [50 is required for hell while 60 is required for inferno].)

You just need to find a socket weapon on the AH and attach a high level ruby on it (you can unsocket it later if it's a really high level ruby).

Same with the helm (so you get bonus exp).

You may want to twink your character further.

When you reach hell (level 50), search for a weapon and set AH filter to filter "60-60" level weapons.

Now, set one of the search files to "reduced level requirement" and set it to 10 (or higher if you want to use the weapon earlier). Look for a high DPS weapon for only about 10-50k (they're really cheap nowadays).

Have fun rolling through nightmare or hell with a 500+ DPS weapon (when ordinarily you have only 100-150 DPS weapon).

Anyway, in D3, the characters aren't a big deal but rather the items are. Since you can transfer items (and level up a character fast), it's not too bad to start over again (as long as you can get items from your old account).
Edited by Bread#1353 on 7/15/2012 12:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]