Diablo® III

What main/secondary spell did you settle on?

Because I'm not going to lie. I used Splintered darts and unbreakable grasp the entire time. Splintered darts was great for both groups and bosses, while Unbreakable grasp kept things clumped up for my pets.

I can't imagine this is some optimal build, so I'm curious what you guys settled on through your normal play through.
Reply Quote
Firebomb w/ roll the bones
Grasp of the dead w/ Desperate Grasp

I'm curious why so many end game builds are using darts over firebomb... what are the benefits there?

Roll the bones rune on firebomb is phenominal, are darts really better or just a different preference for the mana regen or something? I may have to try them out again tonight in NM.

Maybe it would be more viable once I unlock fire dart rune...
Edited by Koop#1602 on 5/17/2012 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Spirit Barrage with The Spirit is Willing.

Grasp of the Dead with Unbreakable Grasp

Barrages damage output is pretty crazy when you start getting runes to help with its mana cost. ( 3.2k Crits at level 37 when Buffed )

Grasp is just stupidly strong with its 80% Slow.. Never take any damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I'm curious why so many end game builds are using darts over firebomb... what are the benefits there?

who uses darts at end game (inferno)? I think many posters are still normal or nightmare difficulty and I'm fairly certain darts are long out of most rotations by Hell (although i'm sure there are some situations in every difficulty where anything even darts is still viable)

i'd be more likely to recommend bat spam at higher difficulties then ever dart spamming anything
Reply Quote

Roll the bones rune on firebomb is phenominal, are darts really better or just a different preference for the mana regen or something? I may have to try them out again tonight in NM.

Maybe it would be more viable once I unlock fire dart rune...

This is what I'm using as well.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty low level, but right now I'm using spiders and darts as my primary and secondary. Just got queen and realizing I could have her assigned to a number key instead of mouse. It was really fun spamming spiders. When I get high level I'm definitely going to have spiders on my mouse and have the passive skill that chances a midget spawn every cast of a physical spell. Grasp is awesome and a must, but I have it assigned to a key because it can't be spammed.
Reply Quote

who uses darts at end game (inferno)? I think many posters are still normal or nightmare difficulty and I'm fairly certain darts are long out of most rotations by Hell (although i'm sure there are some situations in every difficulty where anything even darts is still viable)

i'd be more likely to recommend bat spam at higher difficulties then ever dart spamming anything

Not sure, maybe just people blowing smoke but I have seen quite a few posts of "Hell/Inferno difficulty" using the darts
Reply Quote
Spirit Barrage (Mana Rune) / Haunt (Life Rune)
Reply Quote
splinter darts, they re awesome!

I ve used this spell since the beginning, I find it the best primary cheap spell you can have. Why? Rate of fire & range, splinter dart basically makes it a machine gun (especially true when you ll have soul harvest, you can mow everything down)

I tried all the other skills as well, the thing with fire bomb is the slow rate of fire and I see no real benifit to splinter dart and all the other ones are just inaccurate (primairy ones). Sure you can lob stuff, but the range and the rate of fire are no where near splinter dart. Standing in front of a doorway and using splinter dart (with soul harvest boost) is just like using a heavy machine gun in a first person shooter.

But mostly I use direbats and when I run out of mana it is splinter dart
Edited by Munin#1320 on 5/17/2012 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
level 30: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hS!!aa
Reply Quote
Splinter with triple rune
Locust with pestilence

I run in a group with poison dmg reduc. spec so both of these are sort of necessary to help mitigate the incoming damage.

I do have a soft spot for lobbing those flaming skulls though, they just seem so satisfying.
Reply Quote
Lol, just splinter darted every boss of the last act to death (including the game boss). For normal mode it is a good choice :p
Reply Quote
Leaping Spiders and Mega-Slow.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
If you watch the inferno world first kill of skele king the WD is using splinters.
Reply Quote
i have been using darts to regen my mana and do single target dmg. plus acid rain{added aoe} and locust swarm and grasp with 80% slow and gargantuan with cleave and soul harvest with mana rune. havnt had a problem yet......cept im only in act 3 norm lol
Reply Quote
Firebats and Acid Cloud. All of WD's spammables are garbage. Build around Vision Quest and spam high damage spells or do a Spirit build. Here is mine:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4253974186
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]