Diablo® III

Error 315300 and multiple Mac accounts

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
We were having a lot of difficulty with switching user accounts on our iMac and Diablo III.

As far as we could tell, my friend was typing her Battle.net ID and password correctly into Diablo. She should log in to the web site just fine. But still she'd get incorrect username/password (Error 315300 - http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/error-315300-incorrect-usernamepassword ).

Eventually we discovered that she had to be logged into the iMac under my account (which Diablo III was installed from). It wouldn't work from hers. Her account is also an administrator account. Diablo III would ask her for her local Mac credentials whenever she tried to run it, so I assume Diablo III is trying to create some files somewhere and failing.

Posting this in case other people run into the same issue. Just run Diablo III from the Mac account that installed it for now.
Reply Quote
Me & my wife have the same problem. Updates on this would be appreciated - especially as we use different keyboard and sound settings.

In the beginning it worked fine. The problem arrived after patching Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
After the series of patches, Diablo 3 would simply crash before it finished launching.

I looked around at the files in /Applications/Diablo III/ and found quite a mishmash of file owners, so I normalized them.

I then noticed a bunch of files in /Users/Shared/ with user-specific permissions. Why? Why are settings that seem like they're user-specific stored in a location intended only to be shared across users? And why would acceptance of the ToS be a Shared setting? Anyway, I made those files group-writeable and then was able to launch Diablo III again.

Everything seems to launch fine, but as soon as we try to log in the game crashes. The game still works just fine from the user account that installed it.
Edited by Gildorn#1652 on 7/14/2012 10:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Exactly the same problem with us,
"Everything seems to launch fine, but as soon as we try to log in the game crashes. The game still works just fine from the user account that installed it."

I tried to uninstall and re-install, now just the other account can log in...
Please guys fix that!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This may be due to corruption in the Blizzard folder under Users/Shared. Have you tried deleting that and trying again? Don't delete the Battle.net folder there.
Reply Quote
When I'm on my user account Diablo III won't run but when I switch to the other account it was installed on it does. I'm and admin on the computer so thats not the issue.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
07/13/2013 11:21 AMPosted by MYC
When I'm on my user account Diablo III won't run but when I switch to the other account it was installed on it does. I'm and admin on the computer so thats not the issue.

You can be no an administrator account and still not be able to log in if the file permissions do not allow you to open the files necessary for Diablo 3 to launch.

You should repair permissions using the following instructions first and see if that solves the problem:

Resetting Permissions

1) Navigate to the folder containing your Diablo III folder, and then highlight your Diablo III folder in the Finder.

2) Right click the Diablo III folder icon and select Get Info.

3) Click the Padlock icon at the bottom of the Get Info window and enter your administrator password (this authenticates you as an administrator).

4) In the Sharing and Permissions tab, select the Everybody group and choose Read and Write option in the Privileges pulldown menu. Make sure you are working with the pulldown menu on the same line as the Everybody group.

5) Click the Cogwheel icon at the bottom of the window and select Apply to enclosed items. When it asks you to confirm this, select OK. Close the Get Info window.

Your permissions are now set properly for Diablo III and all of its game files.

6) Navigate to your /Users/Shared folder in the Finder.

7) Right click the Blizzard folder and select Get Info.

8) Repeat steps #3 through #5 for this folder, then close the window.

9) Right click the Battle.net folder and select Get Info.

10) Repeat steps #3 through #5 for this folder, then close the window.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]