Diablo® III

Demon Hunter Problems

So I'm having a major issue with my DH, I'm level 19 and I'm using dual crossbows. Every time I play I die a lot, once i get surrounded by enemies I got about at most 4 seconds to get out of there or I'm dead. And when there is battle I'm scrambling around every where . I cant even leave my team mates for a second cause once i run into some monsters im dead. It seems that every other class i play with is so much better then the DH. Im starting to really regret choosing the demon hunter even though I love the ranged class. I was wondering if im doing something wrong or is this just how the class is, or is my equip to weak? My hp is 638, i just mention that just in case it makes a difference.
Reply Quote
So... you claim the problem is not with you but with Demon Hunter...

And you're a lvl 19 player who never soloed..... hmmm......
Reply Quote
ok thank for the sarcasm but do u have any helpful advice?
Reply Quote
stack dexterity equip and get a better weapon.
Reply Quote
Can you post your build?

What kind of gear do you have? Are you kitting? Do you use Caltrops?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Not having any problems with my demon hunter. Just make sure to use Caltrops and Vault to keep everything at a distance in solo play. DH can't really take many hints, so you gotta kite like crazy. Not a class that'll just be standing there spamming their primary and secondary all day and still be able to kill things.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Zulfigar

Your post does not appear to be a modest request for advice, but more of a hissy fit regarding the conclusion you drew: that "every other class I play with is so much better than the DH."

Notice the quotation marks. That is an attitude of a person whose opinion I do not wish to respect. I'd gladly give advice to those that seek it, and I'm open to discussing pros and cons regarding the class.

Your choice of title and the content of your writing suggest that you feel:
1. You're doing a lot of things right.
2. But other people are doing much better than you.
3. Therefore, the class itself must be flawed.

What advice can I give?
Reply Quote
Ok so here is my build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bcYdfi!Ya!aaaa
Im still testing things out so feel free to suggest anything.
Im using 2 1-handed crossbows damage 20.8 for both, and honestly im not really set on gear i just kinda pick up anything i can find so i dont really have it memorized.

I sue caltrops and thats like the only thing thats actually helping me out a lot.

Also what does dexterity do?

and i dont know what kitting is lol....
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 12:33 AMPosted by Geemsean

Your post does not appear to be a modest request for advice, but more of a hissy fit regarding the conclusion you drew: that "every other class I play with is so much better than the DH."

Notice the quotation marks. That is an attitude of a person whose opinion I do not wish to respect. I'd gladly give advice to those that seek it, and I'm open to discussing pros and cons regarding the class.

Your choice of title and the content of your writing suggest that you feel:
1. You're doing a lot of things right.
2. But other people are doing much better than you.
3. Therefore, the class itself must be flawed.

What advice can I give?

Its clear im doing something wrong and i know that. But alright man do what you gotta do....
Reply Quote
Dexterity increases your damage.

Kiting is when you run away from the monsters while killing them, you don't want to get hit at all if you can help it as a Demon Hunter

Use Impale, it is amazing and allows you to move between shots. I would also drop Entangling Shot for Hungering Arrow but that's personal preference.
Reply Quote
Ill def try that out, and maybe this is a stupid questions but is there a right way for moving while hitting ur target?
Reply Quote
Having Micro & using Vault helps kThx.
Edited by ElXtronic#1378 on 5/19/2012 12:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Not really. Usually what I do with my demon hunter is something like this:

Drop caltrop, put it between me and pack, spam Bola Shot, drop caltrop, run, bola shot, caltrop, rinse repeat. If surrounded, caltrop, smoke bomb, GTFO. Going to replace Strafe with Multishot soon as I unlock it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WiYVXZ!bc!a.aaaZ

That's the build I'm using right now if it gives you an idea (You'll have to turn on Elective Mode under Gameplay options to choose specific skills such as having both Smoke Bomb and Caltrops)

Edit: Impale is there for single target only, specifically bosses and elites.
Edited by Khet#1304 on 5/19/2012 12:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
in my experience from watching some people play DH's .... a few guys charge head straight into mobs, and just keep on attacking, never moving when a monster is already hammering them at melee range, its just a matter of time before they get surrounded. the same kind of guys also never dodge arrows, projectiles and grenades from enemy fire, they just stand there shooting enemies till the enemy or them dies - guess who dies more often?

i suggest you learn basic kiting skills, and when you get surrounded, turn on Smoke Screen and GET OUT. forget about shooting enemies, and instead aim for a safe position before you start dealing damage again.

and last but not the least, get as much gold as you can, then check out the auction house and buy stuff, but also remember, that unlike in early patched D2, in D3 no amount of gear can save you from bad playstyle.
Reply Quote
loool alright guys thanks for the advice it helped a lot, once i get home ill hit up the auction house, and then try soloing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]