Diablo® III

Key Bindings are not saved

I have tried several times to bind ShowAchievements/ShowFriendList/ShowPlayerHealthBars/ShowFPS to F7/F8/F10/F12 but after restarting Diablo they are changed back to default. Binding for example Show Inventory to F1 does work.

Maybe related: The Show-Monster-Health-Bar option is also not saved after restarting Diablo.
Reply Quote
Having this issue with my show loot key, and whisper / re-whisper keys.
Reply Quote
Using z,x,c,v for skills and space for potions this has occurred several times between games with all key bindings resetting to game default bindings. Using windows Xp here.

A bug that could easily get you killed in hardcore mode.
Edited by Tarantella#2214 on 5/19/2012 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I, as well, am having key binding issues. The past three logins, I have found that my bindings have been defaulted, and I'm getting tired of resetting them. Would love to know why this is happening.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Yep, rebound about half my keys yesterday, and now they have all reset to default on logging back in today. This is a HUGE pain, especially for those of us using a mouse left-handed. Where are the blue posters on this please?
Reply Quote
To add, setting a key, logging out and logging back in does not cause the reset. The reset occurs when the game is closed out entirely and you reopen / log back in.
Reply Quote
i've noticed this on "page up chat" and "page down chat"
always resets to default, even when i bind it to other keys or unbind completely (hover+del)
this is an issue for me because i already use pageup and pagedown keys for other actions.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue and Blizzard support has so far only suggested that I run as administrator, which isn't working either.

It's been annoying to have to change my keys *each and every time I start the game up*. I have practically everything rebound besides the numpad gestures.
Reply Quote
Everything is working now. I had changed to run in administrative, but that didn't do anything. It just took time, I guess, but now everything is okay. If you are interested, here is some of my set up...

W - Skill 1
A - Skill 2
S - Skill 3
D - Skill 4
Q - Health (normal)
E - Map
C - Character (normal)
X - Skills
Space - Map
Reply Quote
"Ticket US27110636 - Aiduesti - Customer Service Representative

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us about your issue with your keybindings. I researched this issue for you, even as far as recreating the issue you are having myself. I did find out that is currently a known issue and we are working on getting it fixed. Until we do get this issue resloved you can only have 27 keybindings active, any more and they will not save. It will work for the game session you are on, but after you close the game you would lose the extra bindings.

If you still need assistance, feel free to hit the "Not resolved" button below or If you'd prefer to speak to someone over the phone, our Representatives are available 7 days a week from 7AM to 8PM Pacific Time at 1-800-592-5499.

Regards,

Mallorie D.
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
"
Reply Quote
This has been reported 36845416878times and still no fix.
Blizzard can you please fix this issue?
I'm really annoyed by this bug.
Reply Quote

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us about your issue with your keybindings. I researched this issue for you, even as far as recreating the issue you are having myself. I did find out that is currently a known issue and we are working on getting it fixed. Until we do get this issue resloved you can only have 27 keybindings active, any more and they will not save. It will work for the game session you are on, but after you close the game you would lose the extra bindings.

If you still need assistance, feel free to hit the "Not resolved" button below or If you'd prefer to speak to someone over the phone, our Representatives are available 7 days a week from 7AM to 8PM Pacific Time at 1-800-592-5499.

Regards,

Mallorie D.
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
"

Well this is the first time I've actually seen someone report that Blizzard has even acknowledged the problem. (Further proof that the Known Issues list maintained by the Blue who moderates this Bug Report forum is a joke.)

It's interesting what the Support Rep said about a 27 active-binding limit. I only have one key currently that I really want to bind but cannot. Later tonight I'll have to kill a few that I can get along without (like the emotes on the number pad) and see if freeing up some lets me permanently save my Action 4 key to 'R' like I want.

If it works, on the one hand of course I'll be happy. OTOH though, if they've known what the problem is for awhile now but I haven't run across an acknowledgement or workaround as many times as I've searched for a solution, that still burns me up. Their entire bug-reporting and QA process if seriously flawed.
Edited by NthPower#1234 on 6/11/2012 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
There's a text file in your Diablo 3 folder (in your user folder not program files folder) with certain config settings. I bet you could use this to save all your keybinds if you knew the correct names of what you are trying to set. Or Blizz could program the game to correctly save things, but you're better off trying to fix it yourself sadly.

06/11/2012 11:02 AMPosted by NthPower
Well this is the first time I've actually seen someone report that Blizzard has even acknowledged the problem. (Further proof that the Known Issues list maintained by the Blue who moderates this Bug Report forum is a joke.)

So true.

06/11/2012 11:02 AMPosted by NthPower
Their entire bug-reporting and QA process if seriously flawed.

So true.
Reply Quote

Hello!

Regards,

Mallorie D.
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
"

It's interesting what the Support Rep said about a 27 active-binding limit. I only have one key currently that I really want to bind but cannot. Later tonight I'll have to kill a few that I can get along without (like the emotes on the number pad) and see if freeing up some lets me permanently save my Action 4 key to 'R' like I want.

If it works, on the one hand of course I'll be happy. OTOH though, if they've known what the problem is for awhile now but I haven't run across an acknowledgement or workaround as many times as I've searched for a solution, that still burns me up. Their entire bug-reporting and QA process if seriously flawed.

UPDATE. My most annoying keybinding issue is gone!

When I got home I counted all of my keybindings. One thing I noticed is that I had 51 keybindings total. So right away it was obvious that if the "27" number that the Blizzard CS Rep. mentioned was meaningful at all, it wasn't describing the total number of keybindings you have in D3.

So I decided to go on the assumption that it might mean 27 keybindings that differed from the default ones. -- $$$ BINGO! $$$ --

I started by taking screenshots of all of my keybinds. Then I reset them all to default and restarted the game client. Then beginning with my most important custom keybinds, I set 5-6 at a time, restarting D3 after each set. Right away I found that the key I had so many issues with (R) was now sticking!

When I reached somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-28 changes made to the default keybinds I ran into the reverting issue again. I went back and set a few keys again one at a time until I reached the "limit" that causes the bug, and I basically got all but 1-2 to stick that I wanted to. Only a couple of the extra emotes you can bind did I have to leave as-is.

I can't be 100% sure if the number was 27 or not, simply because I wasn't sure if some of the changes counted, or if they counted for one or two changes. For example, I swapped J and L, so is that one or two changes? I also set a function to 'C', which set that key but also unbound C as the secondary key for opening your inventory. So is that one or two changes?

Anyway, like I said in my earlier post, I'm actually happy that my main Action keys are now set up the way I want them to be. But I'm even MORE angry at Blizzard in a way.

Obviously, that CS Rep. was able to look up the issue and describe the parameters of the bug. Since it's a "known issue", why the HECK isn't it on the Known Issues list in this thread's sticky!?!? Because Blizzard Support/QA doesn't have their cr@p together, that's why. I wonder how many issues people report in this thread over and over again that are simply ignored by the Blue because it already IS a known issue internally. WHO CARES if they acknowledge their customers or communicate the workaround to anyone though. Blizzard gets a GIANT thumbs-down and middle-finger UP from me for this.
Edited by NthPower#1234 on 6/11/2012 6:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote

UPDATE. My most annoying keybinding issue is gone!

When I got home I counted all of my keybindings. One thing I noticed is that I had 51 keybindings total. So right away it was obvious that if the "27" number that the Blizzard CS Rep. mentioned was meaningful at all, it wasn't describing the total number of keybindings you have in D3.

So I decided to go on the assumption that it might mean 27 keybindings that differed from the default ones. -- $$$ BINGO! $$$ --

I started by taking screenshots of all of my keybinds. Then I reset them all to default and restarted the game client. Then beginning with my most important custom keybinds, I set 5-6 at a time, restarting D3 after each set. Right away I found that the key I had so many issues with (R) was now sticking!

When I reached somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-28 changes made to the default keybinds I ran into the reverting issue again. I went back and set a few keys again one at a time until I reached the "limit" that causes the bug, and I basically got all but 1-2 to stick that I wanted to. Only a couple of the extra emotes you can bind did I have to leave as-is.

I can't be 100% sure if the number was 27 or not, simply because I wasn't sure if some of the changes counted, or if they counted for one or two changes. For example, I swapped J and L, so is that one or two changes? I also set a function to 'C', which set that key but also unbound C as the secondary key for opening your inventory. So is that one or two changes?

Anyway, like I said in my earlier post, I'm actually happy that my main Action keys are now set up the way I want them to be. But I'm even MORE angry at Blizzard in a way.

Obviously, that CS Rep. was able to look up the issue and describe the parameters of the bug. Since it's a "known issue", why the HECK isn't it on the Known Issues list in this thread's sticky!?!? Because Blizzard Support/QA doesn't have their cr@p together, that's why. I wonder how many issues people report in this thread over and over again that are simply ignored by the Blue because it already IS a known issue internally. WHO CARES if they acknowledge their customers or communicate the workaround to anyone though. Blizzard gets a GIANT thumbs-down and middle-finger UP from me for this.

I'm glad someone has taken time to look at the post. If and when I hear back from a Blizzard representative as to the bug being fixed, I will leave another post.
Reply Quote
Greetings,

THANK you for your assistance, GM Razalryz.

After resetting my keybinds to default and changing only the ones I use most often (ignoring the numpad emote ones) they did not change after exiting Derpablo.

Seems I must have hit the limit.

Thank you.
Edited by Rispetto#1398 on 6/19/2012 11:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What a !@#$ing disgrace. I don't know how Blizzard looks at itself in the mirror everyday. I expect issues like this in games on flash websites, but this is Blizzard. No %^-*ing excuse for this.

Do what I did, get a refund.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]