Diablo® III

HDD Major-Stuttering Solved (not micro-Stutt)

05/27/2012 11:57 PMPosted by Rabb
I already created the mk link but the game wont run. It seems to be trying to fix itself by creating backup mpq files in the directory which i think its trying to read but there just empty zero byte files.

I'm pretty sure the only time it creates backup files is when the game crashes and once you successfully load the game again it will delete those backup files.

If you have a mklink that is incorrect it will cause the game not to run and it will create backup files because it believes it is crashing. Try to delete all your links and create new ones as you wont know which one is the problem.

If this doesn't fix it, start fresh and re-download Diablo III. You may have misplaced a file during trying various workaround that involved the mklink.
Edited by Papadope#1882 on 5/28/2012 12:12 AM PDT
Also, I have heard that if you create symbolic hard links the game will not load.

Check to make sure you have not create a symbolic hard link by accident
Edited by Papadope#1882 on 5/28/2012 12:15 AM PDT
Yep pretty sure thats what happened, its working now. (typo-ed a letter)
I'll see how it runs Thanks
Is there a way to do this with multiple flash drives(since I have multiple flash drives both under 16gb and under that 7.7gb needed)?
Edited by mizredavni#1138 on 5/28/2012 1:18 AM PDT
Thanks for the suggestion, OP. Made a huge difference in asset-load stuttering. Barely noticeable now. Smooth as butter, in fact.

16GB Adata flash drive via USB 3.0

EDIT: Also, as a note to Kaltonis -- the blue who's posting in this thread -- if either you or your friends/co-workers are playing on computers running SSDs, that would be why you don't notice the stutters. c:
Edited by LiamNeeson#1212 on 5/28/2012 5:37 AM PDT
Just tried this with a 20 Gb partition on my 2 Tb usb 3.0 external HDD. Worked great! All the stutter stopped. Thanks!
Thanks for the suggestion, OP. Made a huge difference in asset-load stuttering. Barely noticeable now. Smooth as butter, in fact.

16GB Adata flash drive via USB 3.0

EDIT: Also, as a note to Kaltonis -- the blue who's posting in this thread -- if either you or your friends/co-workers are playing on computers running SSDs, that would be why you don't notice the stutters. c:

Not true, I'm running an SSD and I still encounter the stuttering.
I tried this kind of "solution" yesterday and i realised that it worked for a half of hour when i played on it. Today when i played again it was horrible. Sometimes the fps was under 8-10 for a minute and the whole game was slower. What can be the problem?
I tried everything but just this helped a little on the fps drops and stuttering.
Do we need to re-try this method after our computer shutdown/restarted? thanks in advanced.
I tried this kind of "solution" yesterday and i realised that it worked for a half of hour when i played on it. Today when i played again it was horrible. Sometimes the fps was under 8-10 for a minute and the whole game was slower. What can be the problem?
I tried everything but just this helped a little on the fps drops and stuttering.

Make sure you are running the game from the Flash/External instead of your computer's HD.

Make sure you are running the game from the Flash/External instead of your computer's HD.

Before i tried this method the fps never was under 8-10. Stuttering and fps drops were (what is really disturbing and the people don't feel like playing.)but it weren't as big as today.
I don't know what i should try because i tried really everything what you wrote in the forum.
The open beta stuttered too like the final game. I have just a guess pass 'cause i afraid of the full game will be bad too and unfortunately it is bad for me than for many people.
I was really happy yesterday 'vause i believed it would be good finally but it is worse than before... It is running bad on minimum and maximum graph too.
The game use the Flash so i don't understand what is the problem. I have to buy a new cumputer? :D...

My spec(notebook):
Intel Core i3-370M (2.4GHz, 3MB Cache, 64-bit, 32nm, 35W)
4GB (1x4GB) DDR3, 1333MHz
Nvidia GeForce GT 540M, 1024MB DDR3
05/27/2012 11:57 PMPosted by Rabb
I already created the mk link but the game wont run. It seems to be trying to fix itself by creating backup mpq files in the directory which i think its trying to read but there just empty zero byte files.

This means you did the process wrong. Just try again
05/28/2012 01:18 AMPosted by mizredavni
Is there a way to do this with multiple flash drives(since I have multiple flash drives both under 16gb and under that 7.7gb needed)?

yes there is a way by individually mklink'ing individual files. If you know what your doing, this shouldn't be hard. Otherwise, it would take too long to explain the process step by step.
05/28/2012 07:39 AMPosted by overkaizer
Do we need to re-try this method after our computer shutdown/restarted? thanks in advanced.

nope
90 Orc Hunter
Followed the directions perfectly and the game runs fine but my latency is still staying around 200-250. What could be the problem? I'm using a 1tb external HD.
05/28/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Traymoir
but my latency is still staying around 200-250. What could be the problem?

That is considered a "good" network latency. Just go play the game you have no problems.
05/28/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Hydde
Instead of doing all this relinking work.... is not enough just to copy all the diablo folder into the USB? or just installing the game in the usb?

some people have had success with that. Is it going to kill you if you try it ?
90 Orc Hunter
05/28/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Edstroyer
but my latency is still staying around 200-250. What could be the problem?

That is considered a "good" network latency. Just go play the game you have no problems.

Alright thanks, so with this link I basically won't see the latency spikes anymore? It will be consistent around 200?
the EU thread is on page 88 and they are totally ignoring us
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]