Diablo® III

Cap on Int or Mana? Rare w/+51 Int not woring

I found a Rare Axe called Victory Alacrity with +51 Intelligence as one of the stat bonuses. When I swap it out with my current weapon it does not change the amount of max mana I can have. It's my understanding the Mana used and the amount you have is directly related to you intelligence plus whatever bonuses you have. If I swap out this item I see the loss of hit points because my current item has +43 vitality. i see the change in other stats as well including my intelligence going up with the +51 intelligence Axe.
Ultimately I may stick with the item with vitality but when I was comparing the benefits of both I noticed my mana was not changing.

Why does my mana not change when I swap out this item.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Current Item: Rare Dagger Pierce Nexus. 2-3 Fire Damage, +40 Strength. +43 Vitality, Socket
Item trying to use: Rare Axe Victory Alacrity +2-4 Damage, +48 dex, +51 Int, Monster Kill +5 exp, socket
Reply Quote
Intellect has nothing to do with mana

+ max to mana, increases mana

Hover over your stats and read what they do
Edited by Vaaz#1144 on 5/20/2012 12:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks, he starts with a base amount and gets +10 every level and then bonuses.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]