Diablo® III

Play wizzard if you want big numbers.

Seriously, everyone is complaining about Damage and dying as glass cannon build. Go play a damn wizzard and stop whining.

I see WD more of a Controller/Offensive Supporter. We go so much CC and buffs/debuffs, use them in groups and melt faces.

/discuss
Reply Quote
Wizards are far to ugly to play.
Reply Quote
Witch Doctors are meant to be tanks. Put on that shield and roll out the pain baby.
Reply Quote
I agree. I am a lvl 52 Act I, Hell dif, WD and I have 1 skill for single target damage, 1 skill for AoE damage, 1 summon skill and 3 CC skills and I do just fine. It takes longer to kill mobs then it would take with other chars but it's fine.

And yea, if you want big damage just go for any other of the 4 classes.
Reply Quote
Right now WD is being shoved into a few builds or build centered around vision quest and bat spam. A few rolls of the WD right now are weak and useless, like pet builds for instance, or try using spirit barrage or haunt to heal yourself. There are aspects that work and aspects that are trashy and things inbetween. I think the complaints about certain spells are certainly valid.
Reply Quote
Right now WD is being shoved into a few builds or build centered around vision quest and bat spam.

And i think thats the mistake, why would you try to force a class with that much controll abilities into a glass cannon nuke? Just take a Wizzard he will do it without 5 abilities just to manage his resource flow.
Reply Quote
Yes if I want to play a caster I would play a wizard.

I want to be a summoner where the bulk of my strength lies in my minions. But from what I've read (which includes a blue post) half of your damage is from your minions, and the other half is from you.

It's like they put a half-hearted attempt for the witch doctor, half caster, half summoner, average in both areas. Poor dps compared to other classes because they have to balance it around our minions.

That's how I feel about it.
Reply Quote
Yes if I want to play a caster I would play a wizard.

I want to be a summoner where the bulk of my strength lies in my minions. But from what I've read (which includes a blue post) half of your damage is from your minions, and the other half is from you.

It's like they put a half-hearted attempt for the witch doctor, half caster, half summoner, average in both areas. Poor dps compared to other classes because they have to balance it around our minions.

That's how I feel about it.

Sadly in my opinion when it comes to minions the WD doesn't have much to lean on there.

I've tried sacrafice builds, but even with Next of Kin and Circle of Life it seems more loss then gain.

I've tried using Zombie Dogs offensivly, only to see them get squished by anything on NM with other people, leaving with only one good option for dogs which is Final Gift.

Fetish Sycophants is great in my opinion, I wish they would increase the chance of them spawning by more then 3%.

Gargantuan > Fetish Army in my opinion. It's a walking meat shield.

As I said though I enjoyed messing with pets on normal, but as soon as you hit Nightmare you can kiss puppies goodbye, unless you're using them with Sacrafice.

As for offense, we have it, and in my opinion there are some occassions to where I swear I can out damage wizards, but I think due to my horrible luck with items I haven't been able to get my mana regen and mana pool high enough.

On a side note, playing in groups with our great CC abilities (especially Hex with Hedge Magic) we'll always be a great asset to any group IMO.
Edited by JrSlacker#1581 on 5/20/2012 3:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If WD damage was cut because blizz expected that to be balanced with our weak pets then that is a problem since our pets are all terrible. barring gagantuan which still isn't going to win the day. Most WD including myself seem to have dropped pets altogether. I don't think this is the case though fortunatly.

What is happening is that

A) Mana regen and mana pools are tiny and a pain and I hate that finding states to improve them is so difficult.

B)Many of our spells are undependable. Zombie dogs, spirit barrage, confusion, to name a few.

C) A few of our spells are (especially in comparison to the bad) too good to pass up (spirit walk, bats, soul harvest)

D)Some of our spells just have poor or short sighted implementation (locust swarm/soul harvest range, spirit barrage mana rune return, so on)
Reply Quote
You guys can hide behind the guise of "support" if you want, but if you can't bring good damage to the table you're just bringing your group down. Witch Doctors can do just as much damage as a wizard so you shouldn't be complacent by just playing the "support" role and letting other people carry you.
Reply Quote
You guys can hide behind the guise of "support" if you want, but if you can't bring good damage to the table you're just bringing your group down. Witch Doctors can do just as much damage as a wizard so you shouldn't be complacent by just playing the "support" role and letting other people carry you.

Because in inferno Damage is everything right? You need CC/Heal/Debuffs for your group and i didnt say we dont deal any Damage. I said we are no Wizzard glass cannons. We can spread locust and debuff every enemys damage by 20% and still deal damage. We can use hex for cc/heal. Voodoo for great group buff+utility from rune. Grasp for kiting. Mass confusion for as oh !@#$ button. I dont see how this is not a huge asset for a group.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 03:55 AMPosted by Freebu
Because in inferno Damage is everything right? You need CC/Heal/Debuffs for your group and i didnt say we dont deal any Damage. I said we are no Wizzard glass cannons. We can spread locust and debuff every enemys damage by 20% and still deal damage. We can use hex for cc/heal. Voodoo for great group buff+utility from rune. Grasp for kiting. Mass confusion for as oh !@#$ button. I dont see how this is not a huge asset for a group.

Those abilities are assets for sure, but they aren't huge to the point where a group couldn't do without them. Other classes have heals and CC too. The point I want to make is that you don't need to sacrifice DPS to use whatever CC/support/defensive spells you want. You can support your group and do just as much damage as everyone else at the same time.

Also I definitely agree that wizards are definitely not glass cannons and have plenty of survivability.
Reply Quote
Play wizard if you want the better class.

Fixed
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 05:51 AMPosted by dedaF
Play wizard if you want the better class.

Fixed

its not that wizards are better they're just easier to play.

And C'mon blizzard honestly the glass cannon passive is a no brainer. 15% increased damage for 10% less armor and resistances. PLEASE take away 160 of my 1600 armor and give me 15% more damage.

What do we get...30% increased mana cost for 20% increased damage. SO in essence i can cast 2/3 the amount of spells i was casting before for 20% more damage? Why would i take this honestly? More mana=More spells=More damage

The Wizard's resouce pool regens 100x's faster than our mana does. PLUS if they rune for it most of the wizards spamable crap can REGEN THEIR ARCANE POWER FOR THEM.

What do we get... some spiders that can give us 3 mana per hit. OH WAIT... we have to spend 5 mana to get that 3 mana... makes sense.

Well i guess we could use our poison dart runed for mana. We could spend 10 mana to get 24 mana back... YAH what a deal!!!

Or we could spend 196 mana and hope our locusts hit enough targets to regen a positive number of mana back.

OR we could use spirit barrage and spend 108 mana to get 44 mana back!! yah SIGN ME UP!!
Edited by bloodsever#1991 on 5/20/2012 6:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I guess I will have to wait for the expansion for a real pet class. The next class is going to be strength based I would guess (since there are 2 int based and 2 dex based classes already) hoping for a beastmaster type class.
Edited by Bakuzar#1295 on 5/20/2012 6:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
There's a lot of gripe against WD but I'm in Act III NM now and having no problems so far. Go over your gear again - at level 45 I have nearly 2000 DPS and 1000+ armour, 10k health, and that's far from the best you can get. I've tried many different play styles - zombie dog sacrifice, darts + locusts, and some random ones but my favourites include zombie charger on LMB/LMR combined with a mana regen skill like Voodoo on Rain Dance (for taking out tough groups quickly). These work for both solo and co-op. Get Enormous Toad + Hex and commence the lols. WD does have the best CC and buffs, use those to your advantage.

Yes, my wizard friends out DPS me by a long mile, but it's a different type of play style and I think the WD is massively more fun and funny.
Edited by Xanadhi#2321 on 5/20/2012 6:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]