Diablo® III

Feel like your DPS is to low? (READ)

I've been trying to get a decent setup for Inferno going, and was having issues getting my DPS up to were i felt like it should be. I had unlocked a lot of ability's but hadn't tested them because i thought i had a pretty good setup as it was. I WAS SO WRONG.

I brought my DPS up to 10k, and thought wow that's kinda low, i hear most people in Inferno have 20k+ so i was thinking what's up with that?

Then i watched a live stream and saw someone was hitting 22k damage and was like wondering how the hell they were doing it. I ask what there passives are and they open there menu and show me. Passives made the difference between 10k damage and 25k damage.

READ THIS PART IF YOU ONLY READ ONE THING:
Make sure your passives are:
    -Sharpshooter
    -Steady Aim
    -Archery

You will make your DPS way higher. I also found that using Bola Shot > Thunder Ball as your left click as it will stun often and do good damage, and using Cluster Arrow > Cluster Bomb as your right click is a very good setup for bosses and elites. *Especially in Inferno*

Also you can use Elemental Arrow > Ball Lighting is a good AoE and damage because it can often hit the enemy more then once. In open area's especially parts of Act 3 Chakram > Twin Chakrams can be extremely effective because they can hit up to 4 times if your enemy is moving the right direction and **can also be used between height planes** (If your standing on stairs or above a target or group you can cast them in that direction and they will travel through the empty space and down to there level, you can hit them and they can't hit you).

Another thing you can do to help boost DPS greatly is use Caltrops > Bait the Trap and use the ability often and stand on the rings created, this will make you Crit 10% more often.

I personally use Smoke Screen > Lingering Fog and Vault > Tumble because enjoy the speed and being immune to damage, you can also swap out Caltrops for Preparation > Backup Plan when your in need to be immune for longer periods of time or are wanting to travel to area's fast. I only recommend doing this in low difficulty modes before the end of Hell and Inferno or in area's were you don't require the higher DPS.

The last skill i normally use is Rain of Vengeance > Dark Cloud because of it's high damage and the especially because it moves with you and lasts a long duration of time. It often help's soften up large groups of mobs so that your main AoE can finish them easily and quickly, as well in boss battles it can allow you to do some damage even while you are having to kite. Standing in a Caltrops ring that has the Bait the Trap rune will make you crit very often and you should keep this in mind when high DPS is a priority. In my speed build i use Rain of Vengeance > Stampede and swap the rune out because the knock-back can help greatly when trying to run by groups of enemy's that would normally stop you while using Smoke Screen.

Highest DPS Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WPXdYl!YTe!ZYZbca

Higher AoE Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WRXdYl!YTe!ZaZbca

Chakram Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WeXdYl!TYe!ZaZbca
(Works the best in open area's, especially parts of Act 3.)

Speed Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WUXdVl!afW!ZYZbcb

This is the first time I've ever written anything like this so i hope this is helpful and worded in a way that is easy to understand. If you feel this is helpful and you've gotten something out of it please bump this thread so that others who are also having issues getting there DPS can help get out there and kill some demons! **especially elites in Inferno**
Edited by ArchBroseph#1861 on 5/20/2012 4:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I prefer Vengeance to Steady Aim. The added hatred and discipline regen from health orbs is absolutely ungodly and helps snowball fights in your favor. I'm also not a fan of bait the trap as I spend very little time standing in a single spot in Inferno; so for the hatred cost I don't think it's as big a benefit unless you're running with dedicated tank.
Reply Quote
Link me to the build you use so i can save the page and try it sometime, don't want to forget. Thanks for the positive feedback and suggestion!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I just tested this build with a few mods of my own in hell act III, and I've gotta say it's really really solid. I like some of the concepts you've got going here. The fact that I can be 1-shot doesn't really matter with all of this insane control. 100% chance to stun/root with ball lightning AoE on first hit is absolutely insane.

My variant: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WRXVYj!ZTe!ZYZYcZ
Reply Quote
How are you doing against champions (yellow ones or blue ones) with this build?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fZXVlT!Tbe!bbZcbZ

In group games, I change out stampede for Mark of Death or Caltrops depending on how much damage the group as a whole can put out, if I'm the only damage I'll put in Caltrops. It should be noted that this build is set up around getting as many "secondary" attacks off as possible with my slow 2-H and I choose the penetration rune on Impale for versatility. I would change out the rune quite frequently prior to Nephalem buff, but it's as much about damage as overall control at 60. If I were to use 2 1-H xbows I'd probably switch out Evasive fire for Bola stun.

Edit: I also run with 40 Disc (+10 from Quiver) so I use Backup plan on Prep. Also that name is ironic because you NEED a backup plan when prep goes on CD.
Edited by Grell#1909 on 5/20/2012 3:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am on act 3 quest 6 and solo'd everything so far.

hungering arrow
preparation (bs)
multishot
SS
companion (bat)
impale (gw)

Hitting 95k crits with impale. SS w/ prep allows me to hit 6 SS's in a row with my +disc gear, enough to which is long enough to kite properly and destroy almost any elite mob. (I skip invulnerable minions always)
Reply Quote
My DPS is on the low side for inferno but i'm running 2 cc's for champions/elites which helps my survival.

Bola with stun and Elemental arrow with fear makes fighting most champ/elite packs much easier. The dps is somewhat on the low side though. I also run the usual PMS combo and have bat companion for more multispam on trash. Might replace the bat with a better single target nuke like chem burn impale.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]