Diablo® III

Demon hunter DPS

1 Draenei Shaman
my friend at 41 is a monk and has 900.
I am a demon hunter and have 700 at 38.
am i doing alright or should it be higher?
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
You should both be pulling over 1k I'm pretty sure....
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Actually no, you should DEFINITELY be pulling over 1k.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
dang... idk what to do lmao
Reply Quote
If you get the money to buy a weapon and quiver for you exact level in AH your DPS will probably boost significantly.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
im doing dual single's is that what may be causing it?
Reply Quote
AH the highest DPS bow you can afford. I've seen increases of ~5-8k DPS just from that.
Reply Quote
I'm only level 36 and pulling 1200 DPS, I did get a really good weapon/amulet and pants drop that's buffing it really well :).
Reply Quote
I'm wearing mostly gear with lvl requirements in the low to mid 20s at lvl 38, other than my bow which has a req of 34, and I'm at ~1.3k damage and 6k health.

Just go search for a bow between levels 38 and 40 with the following properties: dex minimum 80, vit minimum 80, has sockets. I just checked and there's plenty in the 5-10k gold range. Now go search for gems, and look through the rubies starting at quality perfect. Keep looking through higher qualities until you find the best you think you can reasonably afford. Maybe 10-20k gold.

For 5-25k gold you can also find rares with considerable amounts of dex/vit and other stats for your other slots as well. I recommend keeping your bow up to date and keeping your other stuff above a minimum quality decided by you.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
i have like half my gear 35+ rares with vit/dex. maybe the quiver/bow makes a huge difference over dual wielding hand xbows?
Reply Quote
Honestly, do not worry about DPS until you hit 60. The difference between level 50 weapons and level 60 weapons is incredibly significant. A level 50 weapon can have on avg 300 DPS while a level 60 weapon can have about 600-700 dps.

The best advice I can give you is if you are under 60 the save up money for the auction house when you actually do hit level 60. Until then, use your money on cheap weapons to just get you by. Invest in MF gear and upgrade your weapon every 5 or so levels using as little money as possible. Watch the auction house and you'll eventually find really good gear for cheap. I once found a 300 dps bow with 14% AttSpd for only 6k.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
just got a bow/quiver over the dual wield crossbows. went from 722 dps to 1500ish. at 41 :D
Reply Quote
I really like hizzlies but the dps on it really disappoints me. So i'm using a bow + quiver and it is pretty good.

You should try going to the AH get some Emeralds of like square or radient emeralds then adding it to your items and get some rubies for your weapons.
I was at like 1.9k dps at like 40s ish til I actually found a rare bow (at my lvl because the bow i was using before was like a lvl 20 bow since i Couldn't find/buy any bow atm) i'm 48 now and my dps just skyrocket to 2.9k instantly...

Upgrading your armor helps a lot too.
Reply Quote
I agree that you shouldn't worry too much about DPS until 60, but at the same time at 38 you should be breaking 1k without too much difficulty. Check the AH for good deals and definitely go 2H+quiver. Don't save up 100k or anything, but you can get some pretty decent weapons in the 20-30k range, or find an auction near close to snipe off. I just got lucky and was looking just as some fool put a 349 dps bow up on the AH for 9k buyout, on a page where everything else was 100k+ (gogo 6.3k dps). Look for gear that gives +Dex or that is socketed (add emeralds) and your DPS should climb very very quickly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]