Diablo® III

Issue/Question involving "Life per Hit"

90 Dwarf Shaman
I have noticed that on my wizard (in all locations), it seems that my spells trigger my life per hit at a random rate. Is there an issue with the type of spell (single target, AoE, cleave like) that causes them to not generate the same amount, or some unwritten rule that the different types only are so effective. It would make sense if an AoE spell only used a certain % of your total life per hit due to how OP that would be, but if that is the case can you point me to where it is said?
Reply Quote
For me, it seems to proc at random... There were times when I got mobbed by 20 enemies, use Disintegration Ray and I was healing faster than I got hurt, but there are other times when I don't get healed from using spells at all even though I have Life Per Hit.

I honestly don't know what was happening, so I decided to believe that "Life per hit" didn't work on spells and decided to put blame on the pesky health orbs even though something was still off about that thought.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
With healing text turned on, I only see one tic of healing from life on hit items when using my Splinters dart ability on witch doctor which fired three darts in quick succession.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I noticed with the basic unruned Magic Missile (a pure single target spell) it would gain the full amount, but if i runed it for 3 bolts, it dropped, as well as Electrocute not proccing it often, and AoE spells only doing 1 per mob.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]