Diablo® III

Soloing inferno just fine.

85 Draenei Shaman
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fkUdQZ!UXV!cYZZZY

Use this build. Kite to narrow passages and use pile on. One shots most mobs. Elites / Rares take a bit more kiting, but it works just fine. Just be sure to keep 4 abilities on cooldown in rotation or you'll go oom.
Reply Quote
And not 1 minute before I saw this post I was wondering why I'd never seen any builds use zombie tower. Can't wait to get that rune and give this a shot.
Reply Quote
act?
Reply Quote
Yeah, I've been looking forward to this spell for a long time. Is it a long cast time?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
no, it falls in 2 seconds.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I found Pile on to be terrible. Small hit box, long delay. Bleh.
Reply Quote
Pile on is only good if you can kite them into a doorway and snare them. IT takes practice but is the hardest hitting ability we have.
Reply Quote
what act are you on
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
05/20/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Shalune
And not 1 minute before I saw this post I was wondering why I'd never seen any builds use zombie tower. Can't wait to get that rune and give this a shot.

It's good damage, it's just that having the actual -wall- is godly in Inferno.

I can get 80k+ hits with Pile On, but I'd much rather be able to lock a group of enemies in a corridor and spam the crap out of them with my nuke for 6 free seconds with the barrier, because that'll net me more over-all damage.

The other thing is that, quite franky, Pile On has a pitiful range. While the actual wall functioning version can be placed at the edge of your screen, pile on spawns just short of where a zombie-charger wears off, and then only goes a few yards further. That's pretty freaking close in Inferno, and given how often I find myself having to kite (and the fact that it takes precious seconds between when you cast the spell and when the damaging "impact" comes) I've always found it fairly difficult to get effective hits.
Reply Quote
good luck killing anything in the open when you get jailed/walled :D
Reply Quote
how do you deal with fast/teleport?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
05/20/2012 08:37 PMPosted by Iame
Pile on is only good if you can kite them into a doorway and snare them. IT takes practice but is the hardest hitting ability we have.

not using locust swarm is such a bad idea...it ticks for 10k for about 7 seconds, thats the 1st flaw here, 2nd is this build is to mana burning. all you need to be doing is harvest \ locust \ spirit walk out \ fire bomb \ hex "healing rune". i cruised thru a1-a3 inferno with this.

Bears hit for 20k aoe every second?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
stupide question but how can you have a zombie charger on your primary spell?
Reply Quote
Yes you can, with elective mode on. Google it
Reply Quote
I didn't care for pile on but have used it. I prefer zombie bears
Reply Quote
Pile on cooldown is pretty long for a DPS spell, especially if you are using zombie bears already. Just keep soul harvest and your mana regens up and spam bears.
Reply Quote

Bears hit for 20k aoe every second?

i know what you are saying..but with swarm you dont need to be engaged at all...you can fall back an spam an ability that allows little to no mana use. locust swarm is just to good to pass up for me. but yes bears hit hard i agree.

Can you link your build and what stats your gearing towards Iame?
I've just started inferno myself, not struggling too much, just looking at different ways of taking it.
Edited by Mitchlol#6174 on 5/20/2012 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i got a similar build but a few different things. i also position myself to stack the bears and make them go 5-10 feet farther.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#adfUQR!cVU!aZcZbZ
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150758658?page=1

my thread made accidentally on wrong account

my bears hit range is any where between 20-50k and crit from 40 to 70k, when 3-5 feet from a wall, they go from 25% to 50% farther

but this is a group build, i replace a few thing in solo like bad medicine...
im only at start of inferno act 2, but i really hate the wasps there, so i farm act 1 inferno butcher 5 stacks like crazy.

killed him with 5 stacks like 5 times solo, and perhaps 20 times in group.
Edited by MethTical#1454 on 5/20/2012 9:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]