Diablo® III

So, wtf is this Quickening MoH:BoP bug..

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Been hearing about an apparent bug, or "clever use of game mechanics" for monks to play inferno using the Quickening rune

How does it work? about to start act 1
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ok then
Reply Quote
It doesn't work in inferno since you will get 1-3shot.

Go back to hell and use quickening with sweeping wind. Try to run out of spirit, I dare you.
Reply Quote
Fists of Thunder:Quickening, Sweeping Wind, Mantra of Healing:Boon of Protection.

Put your SW up, run into mobs, and spam MoH. As long as you don't stand in desecration/arcane sentries/plagued/etc. you are virtually invincible, at least for act 1 inferno. Act 2 and beyond it's still good, you'll just have to play a little smarter.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Fists of Thunder:Quickening, Sweeping Wind, Mantra of Healing:Boon of Protection.

Put your SW up, run into mobs, and spam MoH. As long as you don't stand in desecration/arcane sentries/plagued/etc. you are virtually invincible, at least for act 1 inferno. Act 2 and beyond it's still good, you'll just have to play a little smarter.

Works pretty well right now, is this a legit bug or is this clever use of mechanics?
Reply Quote
I wouldn't call it a bug or abusing game mechanics... it feels like the only choice since you can't go raw melee cause you get 2-3 shotted if you try. So far I haven't been able to solo even 1 rare mob / champion pack on inferno cause they enrage before I can kill them - mostly gear issue imo but the the difference between being melee and ranged is HUGE when u hit Inferno.

I've been up to Butcher in groups cause I can't kill anything before they enrage with the spirit regen spec. Its pretty dull spec but its the easier choise of the two imo. Stack up dex and some vitality and get resistances up to 250. I'm doing about 8-10K dps with the gear I've got atm. Mostly I think its still a gear issue so I'm running Act IV for some lucky drops and some quick runs in Inferno Act 1.
Reply Quote
so is quickening more effective with dual weap or 1h + shield to attempt for hell/inferno?
Reply Quote
not possible in inferno, there's no way you can tank past act 1 dps
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]