Diablo® III

BLZPTS00001

I run the diablo 3 setup, and once i run it it acts like its going, then right about when it gets to the blizzard launcher, it closes. Then nothing happens and i re-open it, but nothing happens and an error comes up saying that an unexpected error has occurred. I've tried the basic stuff like running as admin and restarting, but none of it works. So if you know something I can do that might help or something please let me know. Thanks.
Reply Quote
I get the same issue, they claim it's my hardware, I've updated all my drivers.
Still get the same error.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Wildfire ,

That's pretty much a generic error message meaning the game isn't starting correctly.

Try deleting the C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder first. It will be recreated and the game will download the latest versions of the setup files the next you start it after that. Let's see if that let's it run.

ProgramData is a hidden folder in Windows 7 and Vista so you may need to alter a setting first so you can see it. To do so, click your Windows/Start button, select 'Control Panel' from the menu, then 'Appearance and Personalization', then 'Folder Options'. Next click the 'View' tab, scroll down the list and look for the option 'Hidden files and folders', make sure this is set to Show hidden files and folders.
Reply Quote
I was having the same problem with WoW if you havent fixed it yet try fully updating windows and then right clicking the D3 icon and selecting "troubleshoot compatibility". it will say "detecting issues" while it scans then click "try recommended settings". after that click "start the program" and hopefully that will fix your issue like it fixed mine!
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 09:20 PMPosted by THEREAPER
I was having the same problem with WoW if you havent fixed it yet try fully updating windows and then right clicking the D3 icon and selecting "troubleshoot compatibility". it will say "detecting issues" while it scans then click "try recommended settings". after that click "start the program" and hopefully that will fix your issue like it fixed mine!

If the game is not installed(because this is an INSTALLATION issue) then how can I "right click the D3 icon"?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Cruncher,

If you're having a problem installing Diablo III, could you list any messages you see and when? Also, list any steps you'e already tried to resolve it.

Can you also post some information about your computer? You can find this information in the Direct X Diagnostic Tool:

Click on Start
Click on Run
Type in: dxdiag (In Vista, type dxdiag in the search field)
Hit Enter or OK

Click on the Save All Information button at the bottom, and create a dxdiag text file, and copy and paste it ALL here.
Reply Quote

thx man, it worked for me too!
Reply Quote
If none of you have fixed this issue yet here something else to try. Right click SC2 desktop icon, left click on properties. Select compatibility tab. Check mark "run as admin". Check mark "run in compatibility mode". Make sure it's on winXPSP3. Click apply. It will run a check on your game files and install any updates. Worked for me after about 2 weeks of messing around with every fix on the internet.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
This worked for me - deleting the battle.net folder as mentioned above and the restarting
Edited by Ifee on 12/28/2012 9:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
If your running a windows 8 computer what I did was just right click trouble shoot compatibility windows xp service pack 3 let it run and it should install if you have disk.
Reply Quote

Fixed My Diablo III. Thanks.
Edited by Quebec#1158 on 2/19/2013 1:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
i fixed it.
Edited by PNPT#6180 on 2/20/2013 3:33 PM PST
Reply Quote

Worked for me, thanks :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]