Diablo® III

Lost all weapons/cash/difficulty?

What's going on here? I took a picture last night for support because of an AH error.

http://i47.tinypic.com/dq6q9i.jpg

You can clearly see here in the background that I have money, weapons, and I'm on hell mode, etc.

I woke up this morning and now I have this...

http://i50.tinypic.com/e97nyx.jpg
No weapons, potions, cash, and stash is gone and I'm on normal mode.
I was not hacked clearly because I still have all my armor.

Also take a look at this: http://puu.sh/vYX5
You can see my auction house being spammed out by the weapon that was bugged in my first picture

If this isn't fixed then I'm going to be extremely pissed off.
Edited by Xiodrade#1835 on 5/21/2012 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I was not hacked. Pretty tired of people saying that.
All my gear was worth 60-100k+, and all of it was repaired.
Edited by Xiodrade#1835 on 5/21/2012 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My little brother knows better than to go in my room and screw around on my computer. Also, this happened while I was asleep, my computer was off, and he does not know my battle.net password.
I don't have a little sister, nor do my parents know my password.

I was not hacked, and I still fully blame Blizzard.
If you're so keen on this hacking crap, why don't you actually look at the other threads. Tons and tons of people are complaining about the same exact thing, some being rolled back to level 1.

There is obvious proof on the login logs for Blizzard that I was not hacked. They will see no IP changes or anything. They will see me log off after midnight EST, and login around 11:30am EST.
Edited by Xiodrade#1835 on 5/21/2012 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No one weird is on my friends list, no one weird is on my last played.

"Everyone else in the dozens of topics also say that their accounts show "no suspicious activity", just like you, which gives credence to a Session ID form of invasion occurring."

Uh, that would say it's a glitch in the save data scripts.

Also, on the one that is "similar" to mine, he also just got on hell. Just like me.
The difference is, I didn't lose my gear. Just my weapons/cash
Edited by Xiodrade#1835 on 5/21/2012 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Funny thing is, I played Rift. Never happened to me.
Whenever my IP changed and I logged in, it gave me a message saying my items/gold was locked and I could not drop/trade or anything until I authorized.

I've never had any problem with being hacked. Ever. I always keep up with scans, and I barely even surf the net. The only sites I go to are sites I know everything about.

I don't download crap unless I know 100% what it is. Even then, my anti-virus always scans it before I download it, tells me the results, and then asks if I want to continue.
Edited by Xiodrade#1835 on 5/21/2012 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As a note to your above thread. I have had no other new friends added. However, in the middle of play last night i got the 31500 error and got discod. Immediately changed the pw and logged back in within 5 mins. Zero characters on the account. yet my friends could see that i still was listed as a 50 wizard. Waiting on a restore to see where i go from there. Also i have a very secure pw as well as a running a anti-virus and other malware trackers.

And yes, i was on nightmare for about 3 hours (had been on all day and was fine up til this point, at least 10 hrs logged that day)
Edited by Aggravator#1995 on 5/21/2012 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As a note to your above thread. I have had no other new friends added. However, in the middle of play last night i got the 31500 error and got discod. Immediately changed the pw and logged back in within 5 mins. Zero characters on the account. yet my friends could see that i still was listed as a 50 wizard. Waiting on a restore to see where i go from there. Also i have a very secure pw as well as a running a anti-virus and other malware trackers.

And yes, i was on nightmare for about 3 hours (had been on all day and was fine up til this point, at least 10 hrs logged that day)

This happened last night for me as well. Honestly, they should just lock items for different IPs until authorized by the code sent to your e-mail, like Rift does. Maybe even send the code to your phone instead of your e-mail.
This way people will see that they weren't hacked, and Blizzard would see that it's actually their fault like it is.
Edited by Xiodrade#1835 on 5/21/2012 11:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I lost my legendary weapon and all my gold, clearly its a bug or some sort, I only logged out for 4hours and came back missing
Reply Quote
I don't think you know what hacked means. It can include an external takeover of your account/character by means that does not involve you , your computer , or even your IP address.

As to how we know it is farmers stealling stuff. My stripped character had 7 chipped amethysts in his inventory, that's all. And they happened to be the cheapest junk in my stash. That was also empty. so my character somehow pulled all the stash passed it through the inventory and handed it elsewhere.
As for "go use an authenticator", why? for me it's a single player game, you telling me I need a dongle for single player?

As for why they leave you your gear, well that want you to keep playing so :
1. they can access your character and drain him again.
2. you might end up buying stuff from their auctions.

PS please refrain absolute declarations - I've been in IT longer than you have been alive.
Edited by VultureTX#1135 on 5/21/2012 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote

PS please refrain absolute declarations - I've been in IT longer than you have been alive.

Before you say things like "longer than you have been alive", you might want to think about how old people actually are.

Unless you're in your 50s, I don't think you've been doing IT longer than I've been alive. Probably 70s of age for other people.
Putting that aside,
Leaving my gear is one thing, but taking my weapons, and my gold to buy more weapons, enables me to not being able to play. Can't craft weapons because of no gold and the fact that my tomes are gone as well. That hinders your "they want you to keep playing" argument invalid.

The smart thing to do would be to take the gear, not the weapons.
Edited by Xiodrade#1835 on 5/21/2012 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Customer Support regarding restoration for your Diablo III account.

Restorations for Diablo III accounts are limited, and we cannot guarantee the availability of future restorations after one is performed. Because of this, we require your approval to use a limited restoration to address this situation. If you would like us to proceed, please respond to this ticket and clearly tell us that you would like to use a limited restoration. If you do not respond, no restoration will be made for this issue.

Any progress made since the compromise may be lost when the restoration is performed. For additional information on how compromise restorations are handled for Diablo III accounts, see (http://www.battle.net/support/article/compromised-diablo-iii-account).

Note: After the first compromise restoration occurs on a Battle.net account, that account's access to the Diablo III Real Money Auction House will be restricted until an authenticator is attached. If the account is compromised a second time, access to the Diablo III Real Money Auction House will be permanently revoked. For more information on authenticators, see (http://www.battle.net/support/article/battle-net-authenticator-faq).

Account security is critically important. To help protect your account, we recommend following the Security Checklist (http://www.battle.net/security/checklist) on our Account Security site (http://www.battle.net/security/).

If you have further questions, please reply to this ticket. If you prefer to speak to a representative directly, please see our contact information (http://www.battle.net/support/article/contact).

Thank you again for contacting us. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in Diablo III!

-----

If you still need to contact us, please feel free to do so! We want to make sure that everything has been resolved properly. If there is something that was missed or still needs to be done, you can click the Need More Help button, and we will be notified. Please let us know any details about how we can assist further should this be the case. Otherwise, you can click the Message Read button to remove this message.

Sincerely,
Game Master Orryxas
Customer Service
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support

That being said, you guys might wanna send a support ticket as well. Mine was answered within the hour.
Reply Quote
excuse me Daltin I was not replying to you but the OP who claimed he could not have been hacked. And you were saying that is was a hack. A session ID hack? is still a hack.

so really ?

/knickers in a twist, there's a cure for that.
Reply Quote
If its a hack, then okay, refrain from comments like "PS please refrain absolute declarations - I've been in IT longer than you have been alive." Its not helping either, if you are a grown man then be one. No point making enemies in the threads with remarks like that, put yourself in the shoes of the people being hacked and who are not IT savy, what will you have done?

Thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]