Diablo® III

Global Play Reminder: RMAH

(Locked)

05/22/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Koldfront
Why? who ever is dumb enough to Use the RMAH is STUPID. why pay REAL money for something that can be grinded, to get in game. this is blizards worst idea.(or whoever that came up with it) in game gold is the best way Blizz. sorry thats just my opinion.

Because some players don't want to grind. Hence the reason Chinese gold farmers rake in so much on WoW.
Shouldnt the quetion be why buy perfect items for cheap real money prices when the whole point of the game is item-grinding? I mean what more is there to do when you have a LvL 60 Character with perfect items? And i doubt it takes long, i wouldnt spend any single money on virtual items but if i would i would have them within minutes and its not like the prices are high for anyone with an actual job. Still isnt buying items in Diablo like buying a 100% savegame file for Super Mario i mean yeah you have finished the game but playing it was actually the point of the game and after that there is nothing to look forward to.

So even if you have not that much free time, what is the point of buying a game when you actually skip all the fun parts and just buy yourself the result of playing?
Edited by starK#2276 on 5/24/2012 5:38 AM PDT
05/22/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Koldfront
Why? who ever is dumb enough to Use the RMAH is STUPID. why pay REAL money for something that can be grinded, to get in game. this is blizards worst idea.(or whoever that came up with it) in game gold is the best way Blizz. sorry thats just my opinion.

Spoken like someone without a job. I have a job. I spend time grinding *real money*. My time is actually worth money. If I spend 3 hours in game, I can earn 300-60000 gold. Or, I can earn a hundred bucks outside of the game, and use that to buy a few million gold.

Which one do you think I should do? 3 hours either way, and I enjoy my work (usually). As a kid without a job, I can pay you to do my grinding for me. Blizzard acts as the middleman, I get my stuff, someone gets their money, Blizzard gets their cut. Everyone is happy.
[quote]

Spoken like someone without a job. I have a job. I spend time grinding *real money*. My time is actually worth money. If I spend 3 hours in game, I can earn 300-60000 gold. Or, I can earn a hundred bucks outside of the game, and use that to buy a few million gold.

But honestly have you thought about the consequences? Items are cheap as hell when it comes down to the RMAH. Problem is the fun in D3 probably is finding items so if you skip the finding items part you have a Lvl60 Char in no time which you can reskill whenever you want and with real money he will have perfect items in no time. But what is the point of that? So you just play the game then that you have already played 3-4 times without any anticipation of dropping items?

I'm in a similar position, still yes i may never finish the game but i will have fun for a long period of time. I could easily afford items from the RMAH but what would be the point?
Edited by starK#2276 on 5/24/2012 2:35 PM PDT
PvP is the reason. I bought this game so I could show other people how much better I am than they are.
100 Human Warlock
Can't wait to see how the real money AH goes...
What I don't understand is why people are allowed to play on any region, but won't be allowed to use the RMAH on any region.
I could understand if the different regions were run by different companies, but with them all being run by the same company it really doesn't make any sense.
Because different currencies equal different amounts. Say I was selling something for one dollar, which auto converted to one pound when bought in England, then I would have made more money than I was supposed to because I use american money to buy stuff on an american server, and then sell all of my items on a euro server to get more money. It'd be broken.
Why would I use the RMAH when accounts are being compromised by the minute due to security vulnerabilities in your system while we're in the dark for over 40 hours since the issue was reported.

Surely you can't expect to gain the user's trust by such actions?
Because Blizz is counting on the idiots that will.
Not to mention the current slew of missing items and gold from the AH (just check the technical support forum).

You guys had better get your !@#$ together before releasing the RMAH.
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=216744

Someone has created a folding team for all of DIABLO 3 to join, looks like it is growing all you have to do it run the folding program when you are not playing. Currently in the top %2 in the world. With the Diablo 3 community we all could easily reach number 1! The number 1 team is only 8000 computers. In the first week alone Blizzard sold ~8 million copies of Diablo we would only need a fraction to beat them. Lets show the computing world what we can do as a team.

If you are unaware of what folding does, donates extra computing power to medical schools, this one in particular is for Stanford. The research groups use the idle computers power to create a super computer, to help find cures for diseases and better understand them.

If you would like to join simply download the program at
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage and enter the team number 216744 and start folding!

If you are interested or have any questions let me know at Jku14@hotmail.com
05/26/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Ner
Because different currencies equal different amounts. Say I was selling something for one dollar, which auto converted to one pound when bought in England, then I would have made more money than I was supposed to because I use american money to buy stuff on an american server, and then sell all of my items on a euro server to get more money. It'd be broken.

That wouldn't be the case, as although you can play on any region, you don't have access to your characters/stash from another region.
People buy things for different currencies all the time (I'm English myself and often buy things for US dollars), it simply gets converted.
Interested to see how it all works out personaly, might be a good thing or a bad. Either way i will wait a few months before trying it all out both selling/buying aspects of the market just to see and to make sure.

The idea of selling a pixel for real cash is mind blowing.
i hope they introduce the RMAH waaaay waaay later.. coz if they introduce that now.. the good items can't be found anymore in the gold auction house..
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]