Diablo® III

Global Play Reminder: RMAH

(Locked)

So what does this mean?
Will I be locked into The Americas servers once RMAH goes live?
Will I only be able to buy gold in one region?

I live in Australia, how will this affect me?
Why? who ever is dumb enough to Use the RMAH is STUPID. why pay REAL money for something that can be grinded, to get in game. this is blizards worst idea.(or whoever that came up with it) in game gold is the best way Blizz. sorry thats just my opinion.

Look at diablo 2 for instance. Why do you think there are so many sites offering to sell diablo golds or gears? because there are many people willing to buy them. Blizz is just being smart. With RMAH, they make the money rather than a 3rd party site.
During the 8 hour server maintenance does the time tick down for the AH or is it frozen and start up after?
times down.
AH has only two data points for times. Start and End. The start point is a referance point for the display countdown feature. The end point is just that. Another code checks for those that Zero'ed out. It it finds any it calls up another piece of code/script that handles it from that point forward.

So if your auction zero's out during maint and all internal code is not being run, then once the code goes live, the zero'ed out items will be handled.

If that made any sense.
So what does this mean?
Will I be locked into The Americas servers once RMAH goes live?
Will I only be able to buy gold in one region?

I live in Australia, how will this affect me?

Same question here, we were automaticly pushed in Americans server and now we have to play it all over again because our home region is not American?
Edited by Yugo#1678 on 5/29/2012 11:07 AM PDT
I would like to suggest adding a resell restriction to the AH.

This means that if you buy an item from the AH you can not sell it on the AH again immediately, but only 7 days later.

This will prevent people from "buying low and selling high" it will also prevent the possible appearance of bots.

This is not a market/economy/stock-market game, is a ARPG game where you are supposed to play, kill monsters etc., spending hours on the AH buying and selling stuff should not be the objetive of the game. (I know some ppl like to do that, they like to spend hours buying low and selling high). But that will just ruin the game's true purpose.

If you buy an item, you buy it because you will use it to play, not because "oh is cheap, I will resell it higher". It's not healthy for the community.
90 Gnome Warlock
I respect blizzard's decision to implement the RMAH to bring in a new source of revenue.

I do not however, respect Blizzard's decision to design the entire game's mechanics around the RMAH, ruining the amazing itemization system they developed for D2.

Way to throw a wrench in the gears there.
i am in the military leaving for Korea soon. i have a char on America server. will i be able to access the rmah there?
Why? who ever is dumb enough to Use the RMAH is STUPID. why pay REAL money for something that can be grinded, to get in game. this is blizards worst idea.(or whoever that came up with it) in game gold is the best way Blizz. sorry thats just my opinion.

Look at diablo 2 for instance. Why do you think there are so many sites offering to sell diablo golds or gears? because there are many people willing to buy them. Blizz is just being smart. With RMAH, they make the money rather than a 3rd party site.

This
I am unable to join Asia server because I just update to America server patch (which still forever down....) Than I don't see the point of GLOBAL if we cannot share same patch file, play with friends in different area if you want to. Player still lock to the very first region they choose.

Internet has no border, think outside the box, Bliz.
Perhaps this will all be fixed in the year 3006?
"IN THE YEAR 2000".......
RMAH up? kidding right u posted this shiet on 21st. IT's 29 and still dont' work. proof: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5235711958#new-post
Edited by bitchlor#1421 on 5/29/2012 6:13 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
dont care about the rmah, just get the regular auction house working kthnx
So, I've been thinking more about them restricting the use of the RMAH to peoples physical region (when it's implemented) and I suppose their intent behind it is to restrict the "Chinese farmers" to their own physical region (and obviously to get a cut).
While I can understand this in theory, the "Chinese farmers" will always find ways around such restrictions and so it will only really affect the legitimate players.

They also don't seem to be taking into consideration the fact that by having the restriction in place they are forcing anyone wishing to do real money trades that is playing on a different region than their home region to do so outside of the RMAH. This means that they won't be receiving a cut of these deals and they make it a risky process for those people.
Edited by Payne#2166 on 5/30/2012 2:54 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]