Diablo® III

wizard no wand or staff?

any1 here running a wiz that is not running a wand or staff?
I mean i'm currentlly using a rare sword wif 50.4dps +50 INT +61 VIT wif a ruby in it bumping it 2 69.3dps

Just wonder who else that use's wiz using any other 1h wep and not a freaken wand?
Yes i kno wands also give arcane power but i say meh atm still lvl 40 wif 1.3k damage

OH AND MY SWORD HAS AN ATTACK SPEED OF 1.40
THATS THE SAME AS A WAND WHICH ALSO HAS AN ATTACK SPEED OF 1.40
Edited by Lyndis667#6973 on 5/21/2012 5:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I though it was stupid until I got a sword that actually looked great with my wizard.

Then I found a better axe that looked stupid again and I was torn between using the better weapon or the one that actually mixes with my character.
Reply Quote
I used to use a wand that I crafted, it's just too hard to find decent ones from drops, but other great one handed weapons drop all the time so I'm currently using a spear.
Reply Quote
I am using a spear as well right now. I actually like the look of the 1 handed spear and an offhand. Using a 2 handed staff doesn't look very good, not a fan of the animation for it.
Reply Quote
Whatever hits harder.

Does attack speed even matter for spell abilities?
slower = higher damage on the weapon = higher spell damage?...

Looking over the AH last night i'd say you'd get more +damage going 1h + Off-hand... there is like 300+ dps 1h weapons on the AH and insane off-hands priced just as insanely!
Reply Quote
I was loving my 2h sword, but now I have a 2h hammer thingo with 109dps so it's all good. Have yet to find a wand worth clicking on to pick up.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Attack speed = cast speed, in some instances it would be better to go with the faster weapon depending on damage output because more spells per second would go out.

Also just go for whatever has the most damage and the most of your primary stat(intellect) with also some vitality, it doesn't really matter what you do with the weapon they are only small differences.
Edited by Nezzuccho#1937 on 5/21/2012 6:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was using wands for a while but then I went to the Auction house around lvl 30 and got a 1h axe with 94int 27vit n some other stats, from then on I havnt used a wand since, currently at 45 I'm rocking a short sword with: 120dps, 110 Int, 45 Vit, 1.50 Attack rate, 18-40 Arcane damage, +13-26 Damage socket with an off hand Source.
Edited by Brodiek#1238 on 5/21/2012 7:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I want the lightning skill removed from the same skill set in the left click mouse. it would be far better as a defensive spell on a numbered key.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 08:46 PMPosted by darren44
I want the lightning skill removed from the same skill set in the left click mouse. it would be far better as a defensive spell on a numbered key.

Switch on elective mode in the gameplay options so you can put the skills where you like.
Reply Quote
I am currently a 46 lvl wiz. I compared my wiz with a crossbow and a wand w// source. What I feel happened waz that my dps went down, cause of the wand and source stats compared to the crossbow. As a result of that, my electro ute came out slower, hence my glass cannon ability charged up slower. I think ima gonna atick wit weapons instead of wand and source, not sure how it wouldbwork with archon wizard tho. Hope it helps....
Reply Quote
L50 Wizard starting Hell, using a 2h sword. ~310 dps, ~95 vit, ~110 Int, level requirement reduced by 6, socket, L48 required. I don't like the look of it with a Wizard, or the casting animations, but it's so damn good.

Picked it up for 5k on the AH. Not even joking, it was 5k, such a bargain. I'll probably use it until I hit 60, because it's very solid, and I can save money rather than buy a mid-50's upgrade just to have to upgrade again when I hit Inferno.
Reply Quote
It doesn't matter what you use for any class, all that matters is the damage output.

My WD blows poison darts out of his mace.
Reply Quote
Use whatever work's better.

I think I'm using a Mace now. It was an Axe, and before that a Spear; and a dagger. I haven't used a wand for a while now.

06/03/2012 01:19 AMPosted by Mattinator
L50 Wizard starting Hell, using a 2h sword. ~310 dps, ~95 vit, ~110 Int, level requirement reduced by 6, socket, L48 required. I don't like the look of it with a Wizard,

I like that it looks like the wizard is dragging it around because it's heavy :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]