Diablo® III

Is mirror image worth it?

It last so short and does no damage.. but it does have short cooldown. But I don't see how mirror image would be better than any other skills you can choose from. Unless the mirror image has the limited damage rune. Then maybe it can replace one of your other skills. Although I never used this rune before... Would mirror image be useful for pvp?
Edited by RuthlessAB#1223 on 5/22/2012 1:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Situational. You aren't missing much. The real problem is that the images are really dumb and short-lived. The runed versions off of the Teleport are better.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 01:39 AMPosted by Tectonics
Situational. You aren't missing much. The real problem is that the images are really dumb and short-lived. The runed versions off of the Teleport are better.

the other big problem i see is that to cast it you need to stop, and your character is pushed to move when you do. this is really annoying when running away from elite mobs and trying to get some distractions (which is what they are meant to do). i dont use them (inferno now)
Reply Quote
the enemies will attack the mirrior images instead of you... stand there and nuke.
Reply Quote
I haven't used it much, mostly because it hasn't interested me. But I did pick it up for Hell Belial (with the rune to increase their duration). It worked very well on the 1st/2nd phase with the snakes. Made it much easier.

So I yeah, situational, I think.
Reply Quote
I'm only at NM right now, found them useful in very few situations. Only good as distractions while you run away, as they also have collision. And just for kicks, you can use them to shield against Butcher's Meat Hook... err, Ancient Spear.
Reply Quote
Mirror Image is terribly implemented in the higher difficulties. Since they are capped at 25% of your health, they are able to tank on Normal and a little on Nightmare. Once you are in Hell and Inferno and you are being hit for 40K then those Mirror Images does nothing since it lasts like 1 second. To be honest, they should remove the HP on the Mirror Images and make them invulnerable (IE Leah who never dies even if 10,000 mobs are hitting her) so the skill is actually useful beyond Normal. Right now Mirror Images are just cool to look at when you are bored in higher difficulties.
Edited by Karock#1451 on 5/22/2012 2:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I love them, saved me so many times. ( the one that makes 5 copies) i am at hell diablo right now and did not start using them tell hell. In tight pasages they actually clump and block enemies... they absorb spells that could hit you.... yeah they usually dont last long but they dont really need to most of the time... if yur kiting 4/5 times they will distract yur enemies long enuff for you to get some breating room.... I just soled izual thanks to them+ poison hydra.

I was a big hater on them originally but now I dont know why it took me so long to realize their potential
Reply Quote
i use them constantly. its annoying that they stand behind you, instead of running forward. but with the build i run they dont cast any spells, so once they get close to a mob, they start hitting it with their staff, which tends to make the mobs really upset. and its also hilarious
Reply Quote
Mirror image with 5 duplicates + illusionist (resets cool down of mirror image and teleport if a hit over 15%) + force armor

I can farm a1 inferno pretty easily with that combo. Basically every hit you will take in inferno will do over 15%. With diamond skin up you can basically spam mirror image after each hit you take. I usually have teleport with fracture + disintegrate + blizzard for solo play and hydra instead of teleport for group play
Reply Quote
Mirror image with 5 duplicates + illusionist (resets cool down of mirror image and teleport if a hit over 15%) + force armor

I can farm a1 inferno pretty easily with that combo. Basically every hit you will take in inferno will do over 15%. With diamond skin up you can basically spam mirror image after each hit you take. I usually have teleport with fracture + disintegrate + blizzard for solo play and hydra instead of teleport for group play
I have never actually tried this, since I just spam teleport and high tail out of there. Do Mirror Images stay, so you can in theory have 10 of them if they do not die or does your 5 images reset the previous 5?
Reply Quote
No, you can only have 1 set of illusions up at a time, but it is still a very effective method of escape, the images eat up quite a few hits. Also something that no one has mentioned is mirror image is extremely useful because it breaks jail and freeze. It also pushes you, so if you wind up getting trapped in a corner you can often mirror image to push yourself through mobs so you can kite again.

It is definitely an under appreciated spell, wizards can tank all of hell using this skill in combination with others.
Reply Quote
I like Mirror Image w/ the 5 images better than Teleport / 2 short clones.

The 5 images seem to scatter better but unfortunately, they are in fact, quite "dumb" and don't distract the enemy for very long. At best you ge ta really cool light show if you start spamming 'tap the source' arcane orbs with high max AP.

Its helped me get out of a bind a few times. I like using it when I solo Hell, it's one of the best ways to keep a champion pack from tearing me up as I run them around in circles, laying down my hydra.

and ^ what the above poster said about it shoving you. Its helped get me out of a corner before.
Edited by Elessar54R#1878 on 5/22/2012 2:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I personally use mirror image a lot. It was not my original build when I first played but now playing through a higher difficulty, I find that it has saved me countless times. The order I do it is by using diamond skin (crystall shell), spam arcane orbs/magic missile, cast mirror image (duplicates), spam again, then cast teleport (wormhole). rinse and repeat. the skill will really save u w/ elites that have jailer, and those freezing things that explode (forget what they're called) as they will push you out/break freeze while teleport deals w/ vortex, wallers, arcane turrets, plagued, molten and anything u need to escape from (or to teleport to an area to get those little floating life orbs to restore health) and ofcourse diamond skin is just plain awesome.

Works fantastic when I don't have a tank in my party as I can play bait and be an escapist. I feel like David Copperfield. Only I'm a girl. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]