Diablo® III

Demonhunter Build (inferno)

so this is how i have soloen a1 on inferno difficulty (havent bothered to try a2 yet)
but here's my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXdQl!eYT!cccZac
the reason for this build is, Sharpshooter gives u crit, and your autoattack makes a small AoE explosion, on all ur crits! and therefor crit is good with hungering arrow!
Nether tentacles is a high dmg aoe spell imo, there i can 2 shot 75% of the creeps in a1 inferno with it anyways, so i dont rly use it for the 3% life steal
the reason u dont want to use it for the life steal, or that u shouldent even use vitality, is because u get oneshot in inferno anyways! so stack dmg, to kill creeps!
right now i do 37-38k dmg (with sharpshooter loaded)
Smoke screen is just to be able to do some dmg without being killed! the rune on this skill is preferable though.

Rain of Vengeance, if for the blue/yellow/purple or act bosses! if used properly it will stunlock ur enemy. the time of this stun isnt very long, but i do 45k crit, and im able to take diablo on Hell 1/4 down, within one rain of veangeance (though u need the rune in my build to stunlock)

AoE on mobs u also have multi-shot, it does a high load of dmg and with fire at will u can throw it many times in a row!

Vault is also a very good spell, with a preferable rune! i prefer either Cinder trail or Rattling roll, but that is just me! i dont think Tumble is all that good, when i have smoke screen!

if you think this build is good/bad, please let me know! (as said i can solo diablo on hell, and i have soloed a1 inferno and soon going on to a2)
Reply Quote
I have been using something similar:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bRTdVY!eYT!YcYZbb

The versatility of Nether Tentacles really surprised me when I tried it out on level 59. After that it became my bread and butter ability. After I started using it I don't feel utterly helpless against elites/unique enemies.

Basically I use jagged spikes to mop up weak enemies and slow down the extra fast ones while spamming nether tentacles.

I prefer rattling roll with vault just because I can leap into health globes around enemies and leap out if necessary.

If you have trouble staying alive try preparation with battle scars. It's pretty much essential for inferno.

(by the way feel free to make fun of me for using ferrets for inferno. I'm finding I really don't need another damaging ability so the 10% extra gold and the two adorable ferrets are more then welcome)
Reply Quote
Pro if you use ferrets just because you don't need the damage...

I'm similiar to the top one in that I use the crit for the lightning stun on the elemental arrow. Almost guarantees a good amount of stuns in the course of a battle while also providing adequate aoe (as long as you get good positioning).
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bRhXlV!ceT!aYbZab

This is what im using, its very good for kitting and have excelent surv + dmg (smoke screen + FoK = kill all the little trash)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I'm just entering Inferno, but this is what I'm using at the moment:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYXVT!TYX!YcbZbZ

I use dual hand crossbows at the moment, which diminishes the overall power of Sharpshooter, but gets me more Discipline return with the Night Stalker passive (and the opening burst from Sharpshooter is unaffected). While I have Preparation for those moments when I'm being forced to vanish a lot or drop a ton of caltrops in a row, I'm usually swimming in Discipline.

Likely swapping out the Battle Scars rune in Prep for something else when I get further into Inferno once I'm getting one-shotted by everything.

Anyone have any experiences to share with Smoke Screen runes other than Lingering Fog? I've been eyeing Special Recipe and Choking Gas...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]