Diablo® III

R.I.P. 5/16/2012-5/22/2012

ITs not that we want to do it in a week, it is that you MAX at 60. So there is nothing to work to... If you could get to LVL 75 or 80 maybe then I could continue playing my barb. But as for now, it is start over with a sorc to get good gear...sounds like D2 all over again with MF Sorc
Reply Quote

Getting a 350dps [level 59 or higher] weapon will solve most of your problems.

I lol'd

Hahahahahahhahaha, I'm using a 350 dps 1h + shield and I cant even farm hell act 4

(43,000 health)
61% reduction
~150 resists
6-7k dps
Reply Quote
Playing the most gear dependent class in the game and then crying when you cant clear the hardest content in the game one week after release? If you know anything about anything, you had to KNOW that barbarian was going to be the weakest class in Inferno.

It would be like a Warrior and Mage from WoW hitting the level cap and then immediately trying to run the hardest heroic dungeon in the game. Could the mage do it? Yes, it would be inefficient as hell (as every class is in Inferno atm), but he could do it.

Could the warrior do it? Not in his wildest, craziest dreams. He would get 2 shot by trash mobs and instagibbed on boss fights even with the very best, geared out healer.

You simply cannot expect to rush into Inferno as a barb without spending hours and hours farming up gear to prepare. And by hours I mean you need to have every single gear slot on your character a kick-!@# level 60 item, once that you are going to have to spend a LOT each on. That's the nature of the class my friend.

I lol'd

Hahahahahahhahaha, I'm using a 350 dps 1h + shield and I cant even farm hell act 4

(43,000 health)
61% reduction
~150 resists
6-7k dps

There is a DH that has cleared Inferno that has I believe 75% reduction, 390 ALL resists, including physical, and 20k+ DPS. Just more truth to my statement that you guys are going into this with gear that is complete and utter garbage and expecting results.
Edited by Vaux#1193 on 5/22/2012 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
[/quote]

There is a DH that has cleared Inferno that has I believe 75% reduction, 390 ALL resists, including physical, and 20k+ DPS. Just more truth to my statement that you guys are going into this with gear that is complete and utter garbage and expecting results.[/quote]

It costs 1 million gold for a single upgrade... Every rare I get trying to 'farm' is garbage...

BTW, apparently that DH has the best gear possible??? How do you get that much reduc resist and dps on a DH???
Edited by Elevated#1773 on 5/22/2012 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I also lol'd
Reply Quote
i totally agree. I thought hell is hard enough. I wouldn't worry about those normal enemies, damn those elites, attempted some many times and sometimes keep dying no more than every half a minute. what kind of world do people in D3 live in ? how do they survive...
Reply Quote

There is a DH that has cleared Inferno that has I believe 75% reduction, 390 ALL resists, including physical, and 20k+ DPS. Just more truth to my statement that you guys are going into this with gear that is complete and utter garbage and expecting results.

It costs 1 million gold for a single upgrade... Every rare I get trying to 'farm' is garbage...

BTW, apparently that DH has the best gear possible??? How do you get that much reduc resist and dps on a DH???

He talked about how he spent hours and hours crafting/buying gear on the AH to fill LITERALLY every items slot with MINIMUM these stats:

100+ dex
50+ physical resist
50+ ALL elemental resists

He even posted a screenshot of some of his gear pieces. Incredibly defensive other than dex, and obviously very effective.

Vitality is a non-factor in Inferno. There are DHs with 50k+ life complaining about getting one shot, yet this guy with less than 30k life can withstand 3-4 blows from the hardest of champions and walk away.

Spend some time getting the same type gear for your barbs (with str instead of dex obv), and I guarantee you will have results. Will it take a long time and a TON of money to fill every slot with this gear? You're damn right it will, and that's what was expected to be able to attempt Inferno.
Edited by Vaux#1193 on 5/22/2012 8:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Playing the most gear dependent class in the game and then crying when you cant clear the hardest content in the game one week after release? If you know anything about anything, you had to KNOW that barbarian was going to be the weakest class in Inferno.

It would be like a Warrior and Mage from WoW hitting the level cap and then immediately trying to run the hardest heroic dungeon in the game. Could the mage do it? Yes, it would be inefficient as hell (as every class is in Inferno atm), but he could do it.

Could the warrior do it? Not in his wildest, craziest dreams. He would get 2 shot by trash mobs and instagibbed on boss fights even with the very best, geared out healer.

You simply cannot expect to rush into Inferno as a barb without spending hours and hours farming up gear to prepare. And by hours I mean you need to have every single gear slot on your character a kick-!@# level 60 item, once that you are going to have to spend a LOT each on. That's the nature of the class my friend.

(43,000 health)
61% reduction
~150 resists
6-7k dps

I agree with this guy. The problem you all seem to be experiencing is lack of gear and/or proper statistics.

We as babarians all know and feel that vitality and having the biggest hit pool is very important but in actuality it is not that important. I recall partying with my equally leveled barbarian at level 58 in hell mode and dying repeatedly while my partner was living with no problems and rarely dropping below 75% health and I simply could not understand why.

We compared some of our stats and even though I was sitting at 38K HP my dmg reduction % was a pathetic 60%. He barely had 20K HP and his reduction % was at 77%. Don't be afraid to sacrifice your health pool or more dmg reduction because it makes a huge difference.

Bottom line, gear up or if you think you're already geared then re-gear into more dmg reduction at the cost of health or a little bit of damage and you'll be so much happier with your barb.

If the alternative is quitting the game forever or being perpetually frustrated then just give it a try and see for yourself what the difference brings ^_^.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
Something else to consider that goes hand-in-hand with what's been said... I ran across a group of demon archers that were plagued, vampiric, and shielded in act two when you're saddled with Leah. I could've killed them, if the idiotic AI wouldn't have made Leah invincible and standing in the plague puddles. She was healing them faster than I could kill them, and she has no hp, so can't die.

Yea, good game Blizz...
Reply Quote
lol clueless softcore players
hint
hp
armor
auction house
dont be greedy
dont save your stupid gold
some1 wrote he had 43k hp act 4 hell, when i was still questing in nm act3 i had almost 55k hp 3.5k dps
Edited by Xodi#2537 on 5/22/2012 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Hunter
It's not right that the only way I can solo Act 2, is from buying and stacking gear that comes from Act 4. If every class were on equal playing field as a Barb, that gear wouldn't exist, and we'd all be screwed.

Its not a matter of people complaining about not wanting to gear up. Its a Barbs dependency on the other classes in the game to almost "Twink" themselves to survive after Act 1.

I've only just started Act 3 Inferno, after cheese/death run/skipping my way through Act 2. I will say that a Barbarian's strong suit is in large stand still packs on mobs and BOSS FIGHTS. My DH friend will let me solo a boss and go to the next part because barbs @%#! up bosses, but we get our !@# handed to us on elite/blue mobs. I can manage not to die to elites just fine by kite/stunning/auto attacking every once and a while, but the downside of being forced to pure tank to survive has left me with little damage. As a result Act 3 and most of Act 2 elites just enrage and I die anyway.

The basic fundamentals of being a melee is broken.... I'll repeat...
- Forced to tank and do little damage
-Doing little damage makes many elite mobs non kill-able
-Can't even tank without higher act gear
-Higher act gear must be purchased/gifted from the non-gimped classes
-They get paid, and we have to fund them
-For the most part we're forced to farm and sell weak 51-59 items from Act 1 (What do mean this is only worth 50k gold, I need 5 million for my shield)

I have no doubt that once we get ALL the best gear we'll be able to facetank/cleave our way through all of the acts, the problem is we can't do that without spending millions while ranged get paid at our expense. An act for a Barbarian is either impossible, or too easy.. there is little room in between.
Edited by Basil#1730 on 5/22/2012 9:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 06:35 AMPosted by Hecklerkoch
Bottom line is now I am enjoying the game more then ever. This is the Diablo i've known and loved. The barbarian feels great, and having those stacks of nephalem valor really get you back to breaking open every barrel / ash etc. since most things will either drop a ton of gold or a magic item.

You should let us know if you're still feeling the same way when you start act II and get killed by 2 hits of anything.
Reply Quote

This is an awful metaphor, as the only class that could do that if I remember right was paladins (which is far more of a barbarian than a mage). And no, I did not expect ANY class to be "the weakest." I expected them to have their roles and strengths/weaknesses.

If I group with friends as a barbarian, I expect to be able to function on the same level as my friends in comparable gear. If a demon hunter in equal gear and comparative skill/understanding can successfully kill mob X, I expect that I, as a barbarian, can survive that encounter.

This is not the case. In your metaphor, it would be like saying "warriors can only survive heroic dungeons if they are in full raid gear, but mages can survive in normal dungeon gear."

For the LAST TIME, I don't care that I can't clear inferno with an Iwin button. I care that 1) other classes can, 2) mobs have been poorly designed to shred melee far more than ranged, 3) my economy is going to be destroyed because apparently I need loot farmed by the other classes to be viable to get to areas where I can get loot that I had to buy to get there.
Reply Quote
It's not right that the only way I can solo Act 2, is from buying and stacking gear that comes from Act 4. If every class were on equal playing field as a Barb, that gear wouldn't exist, and we'd all be screwed.

The basic fundamentals of being a melee is broken.... I'll repeat...
- Forced to tank and do little damage
-Doing little damage makes many elite mobs non kill-able
-Can't even tank without higher act gear
-Higher act gear must be purchased/gifted from the non-gimped classes
-They get paid, and we have to fund them
-For the most part we're forced to farm and sell weak 51-59 items from Act 1 (What do mean this is only worth 50k gold, I need 5 million for my shield)

this. I'd just add that magic monsters are completely stacked with anti-melee skills.
Reply Quote
I won't be completely resigning my character, but I did start up a lvl 7 DH last night, I'm slowly become horribly overpowered by my friends, and I'm only lvl 51.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/kripparrian
Reply Quote
Aonar, Kripp is in act 4 gear farmed for him. That's the entire point. Well, one of the points.
Reply Quote
Inferno is for the best of the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAw9mHfLjv0

If you're not going to min/max

I'm sure if I exploited game mechanics and spent way too much time tweaking everything within an inch of its life I could get to act 2, but I'm not going to.

Then you don't belong in Inferno.
Reply Quote
Hi there!
I am level 60 in inferno act II. I have 35k health, 8k armor 810 physical resist and around 210+ resist to all elements. And I can barley stand 4-5 hits from regular mobs.
75% damage reduction is bad apparantly. I guess Barbs will have to get 100% legendarys to make thru inferno.

Wizzards and Demon Hunters are broken. I just played with a Wizzard that soloed inferno. Perma freezing the minions and being immortal to any damage coming hes way.
And I a fat Barbarian just get one shotted....

I solo act I easy. I farm all the way to SK who I solo really easy. Butcher I solo real easy.
And then I come to act II and I cant even kill regular mobs?

As Blizzard said themselves "EVERYTHING IS VIABLE".... no I have to go 1hand and shield to do inferno... Blizzard lies... thank you.

Rerolling Wizz meanwhile..............................
Edited by Brub#2973 on 5/22/2012 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]