Diablo® III

Eternely hopeful

100 Night Elf Druid
Firstly, I Like Diablo 3. I however dislike having a game that I like, with a single player campaign mode, that can't be used in Oz after 6.00pm local time, until 2.00am on Tuesdays, because of maintenance. I'm a working father who doesn't play (most of the time) until the kids are in bed. I work on Saturdays as well meaning I get maybe 5 nights to play (a few hours only per night, so I don't get sacked for being a Zombie at work).

Even when I can play, the internet connection to USA means every 5mins, (most of the time more often) the game stalls for a couple of seconds meaning the foe I was battling is now behind me, burying his/her axe in my exposed crack. I'm only at Act 2 and can see this being a huge issue as the game difficulty increases.

Being a glutton for punishment (and at the end of the day a Bliz fanboy) , I will keep playing and see if fixes and patches help. Fingers crossed! If not, It'll be Xbox only for me.
Reply Quote
Hello mate I had the same problem until recently, nearly gave the game away, but touch wood I have had five days straight of good play time regardless of the time I play, no lag or time delays, you are right it gets very tiring trying to play a game with this problem, I think that Bkizzard have done something with their servers of late and it seems to have fixed a lot of the lag/time delay issues, go Blizzard well done, hope it keeps going well, cheers Bombers1959
Reply Quote
..... how can blizzard effect the international internet backbone's.

they cant. they cant do squat about this :")

what happened? simple. you know that thing called the NBN? well Australia will need additional internet bandwidth to .usa and asia.

Southern Cross Cable stage 4 was enabled on 21st december.

Australias total bandwidth went up an additional 20% for our international peering.

please leearn how the internet works bombers1959 ......

this is all to do with the DNS issues Australia had a few weeks ago ....... the bgp routing tables and dns tables had to be re-organised to do this. hence wwhy the dns was needing refreshing.

merry xmas
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]