Diablo® III

Inferno act 2 as a barb :WTF ?

Hello ,fellow barbarian.

I want to share with the community my opinion about Inferno act 2 as a barb.

First time i hit the act 2 (3 days ago ) , mobs 2 shot me.

I think " well i need more gear to help me ".

I have farm the AH and the act 1.

Now here's my stat and my gear :

49768 HP , 400 + all resist , 7K armor , 28K damage (under 5 stack of frenzy runed maniac , 24 k without) , 40% crit.

Build :
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WekiVQ!ZdY!cccacc

I have a very nice stuff , composed of unique items lvl 60 and nice rare lvl 60 (each with a good amount of str , vita , all resist) .

Weapon : rare mace 600dps (str / vita / socket with 45% crit dam) + BK tribal guardian (str / vita / attack speed ) 580 dps.
Unique shoulder Seven sins (all resist mod , +120 str / 100 vita)
unique glove Gladiator
Unique ring BK
rare ring (str , vita , attack speed , resis , and sock)
unique belt angel hair braid
boots with + all resist , str and vita
Helm with str / vita /crit / sock
and all my stuff is filled with mass str / vita.

At the moment i'm just be lolstomped by any mobs on act 2.
I can farm act 1 in a normal way (die sometime on some bad combo champion/unique) but it's manageable.
i have try a fully defensive build , with shield , and the result is the same. I am annihilated by any mobs on the act 2.
So what i have to do ? I don't think it's a gear issue (my gear is pretty good at the moment i think). So , is there is some barb here who are cleaning act 2 (and don't tell me krip's build , this guy is just carried by some teammate , i have watch his stream , and i never seen any act 2 champion kill) ?
Edited by Kalt#2504 on 5/22/2012 7:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I would drop ruthless and weapon master for tough as nails and nerves of steel. Easily will add another 3k or so armor putting you at 10k. So far Act2 esp, (guessing act3 even more so) is all about stacking up armor and resists without totally gimping your dps.

also if you can fit it, iron impacted leap is a HUGE lifesaver, as it triples your armor long enough to get out of trouble.
Edited by Bacon#1205 on 5/22/2012 8:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
to be quite honest I am personally aiming for 700+ all res. At 0% i got stomped by the first white mob that appeared. Now at 450 I can sit in a pack of monkeys and kill them all most of the time....hopefully with 700 or so I'll finally be able to start killing the elite packs.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZlYuEE30Ek

Here's how one barb did it. He's pretty frustrated with the state of the game too though.
Reply Quote
Replacing Battle rage with Leap with either the Stun or 400% armor increase (I use the later).

Take both armor talents. The 3rd you can have a little fun with. I use berserker rage since I don't take a fury dump.

Replace slam with War Stomp (with 24 yard range rune)

This should make it a bit easier.
Reply Quote
Hello ,fellow barbarian.

I want to share with the community my opinion about Inferno act 2 as a barb.

First time i hit the act 2 (3 days ago ) , mobs 2 shot me.

I think " well i need more gear to help me ".

I have farm the AH and the act 1.

Now here's my stat and my gear :

49768 HP , 400 + all resist , 7K armor , 28K damage (under 5 stack of frenzy runed maniac , 24 k without) , 40% crit.

Build :
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WekiVQ!ZdY!cccacc

I have a very nice stuff , composed of unique items lvl 60 and nice rare lvl 60 (each with a good amount of str , vita , all resist) .

Weapon : rare mace 600dps (str / vita / socket with 45% crit dam) + BK tribal guardian (str / vita / attack speed ) 580 dps.
Unique shoulder Seven sins (all resist mod , +120 str / 100 vita)
unique glove Gladiator
Unique ring BK
rare ring (str , vita , attack speed , resis , and sock)
unique belt angel hair braid
boots with + all resist , str and vita
Helm with str / vita /crit / sock
and all my stuff is filled with mass str / vita.

At the moment i'm just be lolstomped by any mobs on act 2.
I can farm act 1 in a normal way (die sometime on some bad combo champion/unique) but it's manageable.
i have try a fully defensive build , with shield , and the result is the same. I am annihilated by any mobs on the act 2.
So what i have to do ? I don't think it's a gear issue (my gear is pretty good at the moment i think). So , is there is some barb here who are cleaning act 2 (and don't tell me krip's build , this guy is just carried by some teammate , i have watch his stream , and i never seen any act 2 champion kill) ?

You failed to include your damage reduction percentage.

The entire forums right now is crying about having a bajillion hit points and then never express how much damage reduction they actually have.

I'm having no problems in inferno because my dmg reduction is at 75% (which isn't that high compared to others) while still maintaining a high dps rate.

Let me repeat in simpler terms... Hit points and having a HUGE HP Pool do not, I repeat, DO NOT matter as much as you think it does. Sacrifice some of your hit points and maybe a little bit of dps for more dmg reduction and you're going to be so so so much happier that you did.

You don't have to trust or believe me but if it means quitting the game altogether or being frustrated then just give it a shot and see what the difference brings.
Reply Quote
u guys are kidding right ? why u whine ?
its intended that u farm the !@#$ out of a1 before a2, the gear on ah is iiinsane, some of the weapons reach 1500dps now, with proper gear it will probably go pretty smooth, but dont expect to just run thru it
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZlYuEE30Ek

Here's how one barb did it. He's pretty frustrated with the state of the game too though.

Are you flipping kidding me?

He was kiting -normal mobs- in act 2 and still coming below half health. I won't deny that he showed skill, but the fact that he had that much trouble with white mobs shows he'd die to any blue/gold group, which didn't appear in the video at all.

I have yet to see a video where any barbarian is solo'ing a blue/gold group in act 2 inferno, just a lot of people saying they've done it.
Reply Quote
i farm act 3 core.. pretty well.. 45k hp 40k dps 900 res all 9k armor 60% crit 200% crit dmg... dont whine, get better
Edited by HempKnight#1653 on 7/3/2012 3:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
post dates back to 5/22, seriously?
Reply Quote
Necro awareness, reminisce bump
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]