Diablo® III

Continuous movement/mouse button hold bug

The mechanic to continuously move has stopped working for me. When you click on an area of the map and hold down the mouse button, your character is suppose to continuously run in the direction of your mouse cursor until you let go of the mouse button. Mine no longer does this, so I'm having to click around a billion times for continuous movement. AND, skills that you can "hold down" or continuously use by holding down the mouse button do not *continuously* work either.

I've replaced my mouse, closed all other programs, turned off my second monitor, changed the video settings in the game, none of it solved my problem. I've tried everything, and holding down the mouse button seems to work in other programs as it should. For example, I can hold down the mouse button and drag to select items on my desktop, which is the same basic mechanic.

*Important*: When I minimize and then maximize D3, holding down the mouse button to continuously move works for until I use a single skill or fire a single arrow, then goes back to not working.

PLEASE FIX THIS, it's making my hand literally hurt after a few hours of play.

*Updates*
- Always breaks after using ANY skill, even firing a single arrow (upon minimize -> maximize to get it working temporarily)

HARDWARE:
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHz.
AMD Radeon HD 6450.
Edited by ManHor#1634 on 5/22/2012 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi ManHor,

By any chance do you have software called Synergy installed? If so, you might try stopping the Synergy server service.

I have had movement key/mouse issues in various games all due to the Synergy server service.

Hope this helps,
Baker
Reply Quote
@Baker youre a legend, what an obscure issue.
I had this issue and disabling the Synergy service fixed the issue! :D

thankyou!
Reply Quote
You sir are a genius!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]