Diablo® III

Energy Armor does not show water ripples

When wizard uses energy armor, instead of the transparent water ripples shield, we can only see a weird glow on top of the head, thats it.

Is there a fix for this?

Reply Quote
I went and bought a better graphics card and it still did not fix the problem. Friends with worse graphics card can still the shield animation. Is there anyone knowledgeable in computer knows any possible causes? Monitor? computer? i updated my driver didnt seem to help.
Reply Quote
Yeah I have the same issue, it also does this with other power like slow time, it displayed a big blue orb around me.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
LedPaint ,

Can you post some information about your computer? You can find this information in the Direct X Diagnostic Tool:

Click on Start
Click on Run
Type in: dxdiag (In Vista, type dxdiag in the search field)
Hit Enter or OK

Click on the Save All Information button at the bottom, and create a dxdiag text file, and copy and paste it ALL here.

Could you also post your D3Prefs.txt file? It's located in the My Documents\Diablo III folder.
Reply Quote
Open D3Prefs, change hardware class to 3 or higher. Why do I know this when support doesn't?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent

I know it. I asked for the D3Prefs for that reason. I also asked for the Dxdiag info in order to see the OP's hardware configuration. Changing the Hardware Class is not a recommended solution though, it's a bandaid approach that's not going to fix anything without repercussions in other areas of the game which I will explain when the OP replies.
Reply Quote
Sorry, just irritated that problems are still around this far out of release. As far as I know, hardware class just affects the quality of in game effects, and raising it can only reduce performance as quality is improved. There could be another effect that I am unaware of, but that is all i have noticed with my experiments.
Reply Quote
Any idea on a fix for mac.. i cant/dunno how to get to the d3prefs
Reply Quote
I fixed it shortly after I posted this, so to EVERYONE who wants this fixed including Blizz Blue suits.
Documents => Diablo III => D3 Prefs => HardwareClass "X"

This is your fix, change it to (HardwareClass "3")
when you find it, it will say HardwareClass "2" or 1 just make it 3
Reply Quote
how is it that my laptop is hardware class = 4?

it has an integrated "m" GPU

its also like 3yrs old...atleast

what is this based on?
Reply Quote
I have no idea, im just telling you what i did to fix it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)