Diablo® III

Legendary VS Rare Comparison WOW!

I didnt really care about the whining untill i saw this item
now i can tell why people are mad. PLEASE FIX BLIZZARD!

http://www.diigo.com/item/image/2hnoh/85a2?size=o
Reply Quote
Move speed on pants is pretty rare to be honest.
Reply Quote
is that a trick question lol
i guess you can add the addition "socket" as LEGENDARY LOL
Reply Quote
the best part is the legendary is selling for 150k while the rare is 60k.
Reply Quote
No I literally never have seen pants with a movespeed bonus, other than legendary pants.
Reply Quote
http://www.diigo.com/item/image/2hnoh/85a2?size=o

LOL HAMMER TIME!! PANTS
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Win
No I literally never have seen pants with a movespeed bonus, other than legendary pants

ok then ill give you that, i guess 6% faster movement will save you !@#$.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Vezadecio
LOL HAMMER TIME!! PANTS

its legendary because MC hammer wore it. lol
Reply Quote
legendary items have more potential to be best as possible, that's the point. If all legendaries were better than rares, rares wouldn't have any value and so the blues. There's nothing to fix.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Elessar
If all legendaries were better than rares, rares wouldn't have any value and so the blues.

That doesnt really make much sense. Arent Legendaries at almost the same level 41 vs 40 (see pic) should have a good significant differences? Isnt that why they call it legendaries? They are suppose to be better at least a few levels higher.
Reply Quote
Legendaries aren't intended to be by far the best. They're intended to be flavor items. The name and mods are supposed to interesting... not always more powerful.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Spike
Legendaries aren't intended to be by far the best. They're intended to be flavor items. The name and mods are supposed to interesting... not always more powerful.

Quoted from Blizzard themselves:
Legendary items are colored orange. These items are the things of myth, and are extremely rare, but immensely powerful. If you are fortunate enough to find one, rejoice!

Can you tell me what 'immensely powerful' means if they are not intended to be the best?
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Elessar
legendary items have more potential to be best as possible, that's the point. If all legendaries were better than rares, rares wouldn't have any value and so the blues. There's nothing to fix.

Rares would provide you with the ability to obtain the legendaries. This is how gear progression works??!?!

05/22/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Spike

Taken from Blizzard's game guide on the Diablo site-

Item Quality

You’ll notice another important distinction between items even before you pick them up off the ground or buy them from a merchant. Every item in Diablo III has a quality level, indicated by the color of its name and accompanying text.

Common items are colored white. Typically, they are the weakest items. They have low level requirements and contain few special properties.

Magic items are colored blue. They are uncommon, and they tend to be improved versions of their common counterparts. Magic items always contain at least one special property.

Rare items are colored yellow. These items are tough to find, and there is a good chance that they’ll be extremely useful. Rare items contain multiple special properties, but they need to be identified to reveal those properties.

Set items are colored green. These items are like rare equipment, but with an added bonus: individual pieces are part of a complete set (for example, a sword, shield, and helm), and they provide additional powers when equipped with other items in that set.

Legendary items are colored orange. These items are the things of myth, and are extremely rare, but immensely powerful. If you are fortunate enough to find one, rejoice!

There is no such thing as gear progression for gear type here, its literally best stats win. I dont want to be running around decked in Magic or Rare items, i want to be legendary .... why is that hard to understand?
Edited by zeetee#1450 on 5/22/2012 9:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
05/22/2012 09:42 PMPosted by zeetee
why is that hard to understand?

you can be in all legendary gear if you want
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 09:42 PMPosted by zeetee

really?
Reply Quote
Okayyy i don't understand why people are !@#$%ing so much about this Legendarys have the potential to be the strongest items in the game.

take the highest dmg 2h crossbow lv 60 on the auction house now.

1270 damage blue with %damage and a elemental bonus. no other mods.

then lets take a the Manticore legendary crossbow with great stats.

704.7–942.8 DPS
1.23-1.24 Attacks per Second
200-522 poison damage

Increases Attack Speed by 13%
2.20-2.40% of Damage Dealt Is Converted to Life
160 Dex

+1 Random Magic Properties

those stats are admittedly worse but you do get the attack speed and lifesteal. and keep in mind youl get 160% damage because of the dexterity bonus on Demon hunters. that would bring it to a little under the blue damage item in actual dps. it all depends on the final random magic property.

if you were ridiculously lucky you could get the of death magical property that gives the weapon +112-224 Minimum Damage and +149-298 Maximum Damage doing the math only on the max damage because i cba

(942+298) = 1240 max damage base. then lets calculate the dex bonus
1240*160% = 3226 max damage

you would end up with a crossbow with

3226 max damage
Increases Attack Speed by 13%
2.20-2.40% of Damage Dealt Is Converted to Life

tell me that's not better then a blue item with 1240 damage. admittedly the likely hood of getting a manticore with this property is a stupidly low chance but still.

other propertys that would add damage

+cold damage
+lightning damage
+arcane damage
ect
+max damage
+ %weapon damage

okay thats it rant over :P
Reply Quote
WTF is up with item names... were they high when they came up with names?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
05/22/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Ada

Quoted from Blizzard themselves:

Can you tell me what 'immensely powerful' means if they are not intended to be the best?

Unfortunately, all legendary means is the number of modifiers is increased compared to the same item if it were rare, just as a rare item has more modifiers than a regular magic item. If the modifiers stink, then you will have a really useless waste of space legendary.

It would be nice if the modifiers were limited somehow, for instance if class specific items didn't have useless stats (like strength on a wizard/witch doctor item, or dex on a barbarian item). Yeah, I know, str adds a teeny bit to protection for the caster & dex dodge, but those are not desirable stats.
Reply Quote
Those legendary pants seemed to have gotten shafted a bit, with the gold bonus drop and weak stat rolls.

Not much you can really do about it, though.
Reply Quote
The original Nintendo could be considered a "Legendary" gaming console. It may have been top of the line when it came out... but there have been advancements in technology since it was created, and there are now gaming consoles that are vastly superior in pretty much every way.

Also, if all the Legendary items were always better than every other item in the game... then it would mean that everyone would always have the exact same endgame characters. The randomness that they have on these items reminds me of the the game Borderlands, in which you might get a super rare item that has the same name, but it will almost never have the exact same stats. Meaning that it is extremely unlikely that two characters will be exactly the same.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]