Diablo® III

Wich Doctors, WE EXIST!

(Locked)

Yeah, I'm finding the class to be quite a disappointment as well. Hopefully this will mean that we get a lot of fixes and buffs where they are needed. I've narrowed my build to just a handful of spells and still find them to be mediocre.
05/23/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Astasia
I'd be willing to bet a great deal of money that WDs are the least played class by a very large margin. Nobody talks about them because almost nobody plays them. Not necessarily because of their mechanics or power, but because their entire concept is quite honestly kind of dumb. Why would I want to shoot a blowgun and throw frogs at people?

some of the skills are hilarious though, kind of makes me wonder if the WD was an outlet for blizzard's humor. just watching grasp of death with the zombies falling from the sky rune makes me laugh all the time. zombie bears? and how about that one wall of zombies rune where they stack up like their playing chicken in a swimming pool?

also, snake to the face
05/23/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Astasia
I'd be willing to bet a great deal of money that WDs are the least played class by a very large margin. Nobody talks about them because almost nobody plays them. Not necessarily because of their mechanics or power, but because their entire concept is quite honestly kind of dumb. Why would I want to shoot a blowgun and throw frogs at people?

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people?

When I was leveling with my friends, they would show off their new abilities and I would show off mine and they were always jealous of how awesome mine were. Jars of spiders? Pretty cool. Exploding frogs? Awesome! Giant frog that swallows a random mob? GIVE IT.

Too bad all of these awesome spells suck in reality.
Am I the only one having a blast playing WD??? :)

It's the most fun class for me in all Diablo games and I tried all D1 and D2 classes of course.
Edited by OrtakVelja#2601 on 5/23/2012 12:15 PM PDT
Community Manager
Why noone talk about us? Even Bashiok didint even mentioned the class :(
Everyone says that barbs and monks are terrible, and Wizards and DHs are godlys and then the post/whinning ends.
WE are also a Diablo 3 Class!
Hear us! We also have problems, we have the most number of useless spells, our summons, frogs, spiders sucks!, ours CCs requires us to be in melee range, yeah, do you think you guys die fast while having huge armor and good defensive spells? well we have one, and if thats on CD we die to white mobs
But the worst part is our resource, MANA IS BAD, its boring, its regenerates very slowly, and our spells uses way too much of it, its nothing Diablo like, in fact the resource is so boring that we have entire builds centered around regenerating mana faster so we can actually play like a hack and slash game and not like mages in wow drinking water every few mobs.

I just started playing one myself. (I have a demon hunter and wizard as well so far). That said though (and I'm going to sound like a broken record here), we appreciate constructive feedback but "spiders sucks" isn't exactly constructive. You are almost there with this, but it would be better if you took the time to lay out the particulars of what you like or don't like and how you feel it affects your gameplay rather than a general laundry list of issues.

How to play: always keep gargantuan on cool down. Then keep ... spirit walk on cool down. Now you spam zombie bears. Preferably from a wall that extends your range foreward while hitting the target with every bear.

IF you're in trouble spirit walk away, soul harvest for life. Hex gives you heals while hexing any enemy. Dart lets you stun targets from far away.

umm...
Edited by Blissey1#1276 on 5/23/2012 12:15 PM PDT
SOoooooooooooo can anybody tell me how WD's currently stand? Has anyone done inferno with one yet? Havent heard
I'm just saying it takes a certain kind of personality to enjoy playing a class built around humor when you have much more "epic" alternatives. A WD was the first character I made, I wanted to like the class, it's my lowest level character by far. I can spit flaming bats out of my mouth or I can shoot dual hand crossbows like a machine gun with dark energy missiles spraying out and tracking down my targets, one fits the theme of the game so much better than the other.
Everyone says that barbs and monks are terrible, and Wizards and DHs are godlys and then the post/whinning ends.
Hear us! We also have problems, we have the most number of useless spells, our summons, frogs, spiders sucks!, ours CCs requires us to be in melee range, yeah, do you think you guys die fast while having huge armor and good defensive spells? well we have one, and if thats on CD we die to white mobs
But the worst part is our resource, MANA IS BAD, its boring, its regenerates very slowly, and our spells uses way too much of it, its nothing Diablo like, in fact the resource is so boring that we have entire builds centered around regenerating mana faster so we can actually play like a hack and slash game and not like mages in wow drinking water every few mobs.

I just started playing one myself. (I have a demon hunter and wizard as well so far). That said though (and I'm going to sound like a broken record here), we appreciate constructive feedback but "spiders sucks" isn't exactly constructive. You are almost there with this, but it would be better if you took the time to lay out the particulars of what you like or don't like and how you feel it affects your gameplay rather than a general laundry list of issues.

Our pets are really worthless, they don't get any attention from enemies and if theys do they die in seconds. =/
You have to kite half the map if you want to kill an elite 3-4 pack and if they hit you once your dead for sure, thers like 1-2 builds viable to do it but ye its stupid that we need to spam our spells to have it on cd to do dmg

oh and im soloing act2 at quest 6 now, taken me forever and half the packs i have to skip because if they are invulnerable, fast, have shields or teleport its pretty much a 30 minuts fight or impossible
Edited by Teddy#2834 on 5/23/2012 12:21 PM PDT
WD is my favorite class, sadly my monk took main spot because when i was working on him i ended up with a group playing through a few acts straight so once i get him to inferno mode i'm going to go back and get my WD up there or i might just make a WD hardcore char also

You pretty much have to spam spiders constantly to keep up to fractions of damage as other skills. Furthermore, if you have to constantly spam spiders... runes that give mana regen are garbage - there's never any time to cast spells... I'd give more information but as a WD, i've forsaken the whole skill completely
85 Goblin Death Knight

Ok ok, OP mean spiders are really bad.
step 1. get a 2 handed weapon with high damage(500+), attack speed doesn't matter.

step 2. Get the following skills
-Dart, with snake rune
-Soul Harvest, with siphon rune
-Zombie Bears (key)
-Spirit Walk with health regen
-Gargantuan with stun rune
-Hex with Healing rune

Step 3. Get the following passive skills
- Spirit Vesel
- Vision Quest
-Either Jungle Fortitude or Spiritual attunment

How to play: always keep gargantuan on cool down. Then keep hex, soul harvest, and spirit walk on cool down. Now you spam zombie bears. Preferably from a wall that extends your range foreward while hitting the target with every bear.

IF you're in trouble spirit walk away, soul harvest for life. Hex gives you heals while hexing any enemy. Dart lets you stun targets from far away.

You are now one of the best aoe farmers on hell, and should be able to solo inferno act 1

Any other build is basically pointless. and this is why the skill system did not deliver as promised. You shouldn't need god like items in order to make your spells useful.

This works. I know it does. But there shouldn't be ONLY 1 way to play. Are there ANY other viable ways to play Witch Doctor?
Because you're a stable class. You need some work, but you're stable. The OP and UP classes get the attention, not the guys in the middle. I love the WD. It'll be my alt for sure.
Edited by Palooza#1646 on 5/23/2012 12:24 PM PDT
No one talks about witch doctors because they are fine. They don't have godly builds, and they aren't gear dependent as monks and barbarians. Simple as that. The only thing people talk about ever is things they can complain about. X has it so much easier than me QQ, Y is so hard QQ, etc.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]