Diablo® III

Blizzard did you even test inferno?

Since you nerfed the 2 classes capable of doing it it is now virtually impossible. There are a few players who have done things such as kill diablo, but bosses are the easiest part of inferno.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Mercmagi/defensestats.png

Those are my defensive stats. That's STACKING huge amounts of resistance with good amount of armor.

I still take 50000+ dmg per hit. This is not survivable. It is not fun and interesting gameplay, its tedious !@#$ that no one is going to want to deal with.

Note: I'm talking about act 3+ acts 1 and 2 are basically hell.
74 Goblin Rogue
Since you nerfed the 2 classes capable of doing it it is now virtually impossible. There are a few players who have done things such as kill diablo, but bosses are the easiest part of inferno.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Mercmagi/defensestats.png

Those are my defensive stats. That's STACKING huge amounts of resistance with good amount of armor.

I still take 50000+ dmg per hit. This is not survivable. It is not fun and interesting gameplay, its tedious !@#$ that no one is going to want to deal with.

Note: I'm talking about act 3+ acts 1 and 2 are basically hell.

yesterday it was act 2 that was impossible.
before that it was 1.....
tomorrow or next day it will be 4
Edited by Cakemountain#1234 on 5/23/2012 4:01 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Isn't... inferno supposed to be nearly impossible? Like, to a point where you're supposed to farm the earlier acts to kingdom come to get gear enough to slowly progress?

Isn't the point of a dungeon crawler that you replay dungeons over and over again to get strong enough, whether it's levels/gear to progress?

Did you expect to just be able to work through Inferno without any farming?
05/23/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Swu
Remember when they said they tested it until most of their hardcore testers could barely do it and then DOUBLED it. Well so they obviously didn't test after because they couldn't do it.

its supposed to take months to complete, wait a few months see how many people can do content then qq
blizzard thinks at end game level content, everyone wants to play sword +board+ stack defense.

I feel bad for barbarians, not being able to swing a massive 2hander must suck.
88 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yes they did - they also promised me that I WILL die and I am dying. I love every second of it. If they told me I WILL die in inferno and instead I end up alive all the time, then they didn't deliver and they are liars.

Inferno works. It takes time, literally. I don't care if takes 8 hours to complete an act, its still completed and I died a lot. This is Diablo - this is meant to frustrate at end game. Diablo 2 wasn't easy until LoD came out or you ran Carrion Song on your Amazon.

Like Snakes on a Plane, I will never complain because the title delivered snakes on a plane.
Blizzard even said that Inferno was going to be next to impossible. Why is everyone bellyaching?
The fact that they have nerfed the 2 classes currently able to do it (both through exploits essentially) instead of buffing the others should tell you something.

It is working as intended. It is meant to be utterly ridiculous in difficulty. You are meant to have to farm for months to get gear good enough to move through each act.

Save for 1 or 2 people of some fame, who have teams of people constantly farming items for them, nobody has gear anywhere near good enough to even attempt Act 2 + in Inferno.
You want to progress? Farm for a month.

Did you really think that you could just walk in with 4 hours of farming and actually get through it? That would be contrary to everything Blizzard have said about it.

Simply put - it is as it should be. Can't be bothered grinding for months? Don't play Inferno - you won't enjoy it.
I hope they never "fix" inferno.
Community Manager
We purposely launched the game with Inferno being far more difficult than what we were able to progress in ourselves, assuming people would find it as difficult but with a few skilled players able to pull it off, or the difficulty would simply help root out problem skills and builds that allowed flaw-filled progression possibilities.

I think the main problem we're running into is people progress more or less linearly to Inferno, and the brick wall effect makes it seem like these broken skills were the correct way to overcome the difficulty because the belief is that Inferno must be an immediately surmountable challenge, which it isn't intended to be. Or the reverse, that because these skills allowed progression the classes that did not have them were too weak/broken, which isn't correct.

We'll provide a bit more info/context on Inferno tuning through an article we're working on for the front page.
Edited by Bashiok on 5/23/2012 4:09 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Paladin
We purposely launched the game with Inferno being far more difficult than what we were able to progress in ourselves, assuming people would find it as difficult but with a few skilled players able to pull it off, or the difficulty would simply help root out problem skills and builds that allowed flaw-filled progression possibilities.

I think the main problem we're running into is people progress more or less linearly to Inferno, and the brick wall effect makes it seem like these broken skills were the correct way to overcome the difficulty because the belief is that Inferno must be an immediately surmountable challenge, which it isn't intended to be. Or the reverse, that because these skills allowed progression the classes that did not have them were too weak/broken, which isn't correct.

We'll provide a bit more info/context on Inferno tuning through an article we're working on for the front page.

Any ideas or ballpark times the article will be posted?
will this post for the front page also address classes having to use shields instead of big 2handers like most people want to.....
honestly, there's no reason to complain. inferno is endgame and blizzard makes games that have long lives through replay. diablo 2 is a clear example after so many years and it didn't have inferno. you're complaining that the game is too hard and its only been over a week since the game came out. the whole point is to have people still playing next week.
Edited by kokocabana#1433 on 5/23/2012 4:16 PM PDT
I don't even want to play inferno. I never did. I never thought I was in the top percentage of players that would make it all the way through inferno. I'll have plenty of fun in Normal, Nightmare, and maybe some Hell difficulty.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]