Diablo® III

if you feel this game missed the boat...

here are two games I highly recommend that excel in places where D3 fell short:

• Guild Wars - This game still is really fantastic and very affordable now. forming a guild and exploring the world with your friends(or making new ones!) is a breeze and a ton of fun. with three campaigns plus an expansion, there is a lot of content to hold you over until GW2. Because you can choose skills from your primary and secondary class, it offers much better skill customization than D3 and the pvp system is unparalleled. The depth of mechanical and strategical skill(build wars) is great. Sadly, the pvp community pretty much died when the tournament prize money dried up after the first couple years. Still, the pve community is as friendly as can be and still pretty active...with a lot of people wanting to play the original before GW2.

• Torchlight - Diablo 3 seems to have forgotten all the things that make dungeon crawlers soo much fun. bashing hoards of enemies, finding awesome loot, and never playing the same level twice. I have already done most of the quests in D3 four times, because the only replayability in D3 is doing the same thing again but more tediously this time. Fortunately, Torchlight has nailed all these things and is much cheaper. The only drawback is that torchlight is single-player, but don't worry, Torchlight II is on the way!
  • Reply Quote
    85 Human Warrior
    Good joke.

I'll take difficulty over a random no name casualfest game.

nightmare must be really fun and difficult for you
    Reply Quote
    Good joke.

I'll take difficulty over a random no name casualfest game.

what?

btw, Torchlight is made by the designers of Diablo II.
    Reply Quote
    Torchlight was terrible.

Until you modded it to have 100000000 damage weapons 10000000% attack speed and 1000000% run speed.

Then it was hilarious.
    Reply Quote
    Until you modded it to have 100000000 damage weapons 10000000% attack speed and 1000000% run speed.

Then it was hilarious.

it was fun indeed
    Edited by polytope#1663 on 5/23/2012 7:00 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]