Diablo® III

Jay Wilson's Quote - Proof that Inferno Bad

91 Orc Death Knight
Jay Wilson quote about the development of Inferno Mode during an IGN Interview...

-----------------------

“Internally, we had this super hardcore test group – we’ve got a lot of hardcore players at Blizzard – that tested Inferno, and we got it to the point where they thought it was challenging enough,” Blizzard’s Jay Wilson told IGN.

“Then we doubled it. Because we knew, no matter how good we are, our players are gonna be better. We focussed on making that as difficult as we could make it.”

-----------------------

So basically they tested something that was hard, doubled the difficulty without testing, and then went straight to ship - Herein lies proof & fault. And Yes, I am in Act 2 Inferno before anyone flames me. A Barbarian noless, I soloed Skeleton King, Butcher, rares etc, but holy damn Act 2 is crazy. Cant imagine 3 and 4 in the current state. I am a 2h burst build and geared very well with a 900+ dps axe (Sorry I cant afford a 2million 1200dps weapon)

I cant find the video - But heres a press release about it for proof.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/07/diablo-iii-inferno-mode-twice-as-difficult-as-internal-testers-approved/

I'm just bringing some more awareness to this issue. Some know this, but could be news to others.

Just seems silly. And once you get there, it is quite silly.
05/24/2012 04:13 AMPosted by Frostfuzz
Just seems silly. And once you get there, it is quite silly.

but you have to agree it's quite epic.
(Sorry I cant afford a 2million 1200dps weapon)

Then earn some gold
Total DPS?
Armor Rating?
All Resistance Rating?
Attacks Per Second?
%Damage to Life?
Life on Hit?
Why double it? To create chaos = longevity? It's not even fun that way.

I'll be honest, first 60 levels was really fun and addictive. Nightmare mode really was the most enjoyable play through. Hell was challenging but I started to feel the fun fade away. Inferno is really no fun at all. Even with good gear the skill sets players have to use just isn't fun when you die by one hit or some random sentry.

"Brb repairing."
91 Orc Death Knight
Bob your missing the point. This is THE MAN of Diablo 3 - His HARDCORE Team found it hard, then just decided to up & double it, and who knows what else, without testing. Now they are just waiting on #'s and stats to roll in. Blizzard is known for polishing their games before release. Guess they forgot about Inferno polishing.
its supposed to be the ultimate challenge. thus, it is ultimately challenging.
Well said Frostfuzz.
05/24/2012 04:17 AMPosted by Strivers

To give the players who are gonna be around longer than the next nerf something to do with all that lewt...
91 Orc Death Knight
Doubling, changing, whatever is fine. IF THEY TEST IT FIRST. Dont test it, then double it, and release it.

I payed for this game. Why do we have to test it? We arent getting payed to play like their game testers. It clearly needs attention, no matter how you look at it.
Edited by Bigglefuzz#1269 on 5/24/2012 4:22 AM PDT
Oh for !@#$'s sake, even if inferno IS beatable with ANY kind of build, do you seriously think it's GOOD hard and not LAME hard?

The difficulty of Diablo 3 is just LAME, it's not really hard it's just gimped. It's not fun or rewarding to get past a tough area, it just feels like "oh, I FINALLY managed to beat this broken area...".

It feels like we gotta find cracks in the system to get past broken combinations of monsters.

There's no ingenuity in the combinations, abilities or what the game requires you to do/achieve/think of to overcome the obstacles.

Diablo 3 is a broken game, it's not a hard game.

I'll be honest, first 60 levels was really fun and addictive. Nightmare mode really was the most enjoyable play through. Hell was challenging but I started to feel the fun fade away. Inferno is really no fun at all. Even with good gear the skill sets players have to use just isn't fun when you die by one hit or some random sentry.

"Brb repairing."

Oh, nice to see there are people that think EXACTLY like me.
No, you're missing the point.

You are not supposed to be able to survive n Inferno without good gear. I know you think you have amazing gear, but you don't. It's only 8 days in...

Next ladder reset on D2 roll a barb and see how well you fair in Act 3/4 Hell difficulty (there's still a 5th act beyond those...) after 8 days. I guarantee you it would be WORSE than Inferno Act 2 on D3 right now.
@op great post
blizz should make like diablo 25 man lol :D and tanks , heals and dps hahaha.. damn its really impossible for barbs not to die and spend thousands of golds and repair so we cant buy on AH :D
91 Orc Death Knight
Bobert stop trieing to act like an elite player. I garuntee my character is decked out & ready and im very smart & experienced. I can succeed in Inferno, but it requires lots of deaths & 0% room for error. Its just not fun. Especially when all I get is a crappy blue or yellow I can sell for health pots or repair bills.
05/24/2012 04:21 AMPosted by Frostfuzz
Doubling, changing, whatever is fine. IF THEY TEST IT FIRST. Dont test it, then double it, and release it.

Please show me in his quote where it states they doubled it and then didn't test it.

Assumptions are funny.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]